Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2013, 10:34 AM

2 posts, read 5,134 times

Advertisements

My boyfriend and I have been living together for about 2 years. However, we just recently moved into another apartment in which he is listed as an occupant. During the 2 years that we have lived together he repeatly makes up excuses as to why he is unable to come up with his portion of the rent and utilities even though he is employed. It is a daily struggle dealing with this, therefore, I have decided that I want him to move out. What do I need to do to have him evicted from the apartment in the state of Georgia?

Frustrated!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2013, 10:46 AM

329 posts, read 431,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberlee1 View Post
My boyfriend and I have been living together for about 2 years. However, we just recently moved into another apartment in which he is listed as an occupant. During the 2 years that we have lived together he repeatly makes up excuses as to why he is unable to come up with his portion of the rent and utilities even though he is employed. It is a daily struggle dealing with this, therefore, I have decided that I want him to move out. What do I need to do to have him evicted from the apartment in the state of Georgia?

Frustrated!!!
Probably a better place to ask this is in the real estate section/ rental forum. I would guess you can just evict them if they are not signed lessees and you are not legally married to them.

Old 11-14-2013, 10:51 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,250,583 times
Oh there are ways to make a live in bf/gf leave without officially evicting them. Start bringing home other guys - maybe he'll get the hint.

Old 11-14-2013, 11:21 AM

10,743 posts, read 13,390,202 times
If yo are in Atlanta, please call the Atlanta Legal Aid Society. They will either assist you or can recommend you to a competent attorney who can assist you.

Old 11-14-2013, 11:25 AM

2 posts, read 5,134 times
Thank you

Old 11-14-2013, 12:12 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,231,072 times
Start dating his friends. And the more you "date"!them, the sooner he will want to move on. Make sure you get plenty of those "kodak moments" you hugging some guy in a bar. The kind of pics only chicks like and guys wince. Put lots and lots of them about your apartment. Answer the door in a t shirt and sunglasses, hair up no matter the time of day.

Trust me, look "gamey" enough and he is toast. No one wants to visit "the clinic". Not even an ex who is now a squatter.

Old 11-15-2013, 01:03 AM

3 posts, read 6,561 times
If he is not "named" in the lease and not a party to the agreement with the landlord/owner and his name is not on any utility bills where he can show that he is the "occupant" just make the request that he "pack your things and go." "Hit the Road Jack" is a good song to play at moments like this. In some states the court house, where they process evictions, usually have people you can talk to or a guide if you want more information, sometimes the landlord can help. Where there are two unmarried people, it's good to get separate rental agreements, if allowed.

Old 11-16-2013, 11:53 AM

3 posts, read 6,561 times
BTW - If you have Father, Brother, Uncle, or Cousin that can come and help him speed up his packing, a show that you have people in your life that care about you, will help him get the message that he should leave immediately. A few feisty female family members and friends can get the job done, too. A man will do what he has done because he can - it's like he's living with his mother, but with added benefits. If you do or don't have family nearby, call on your Guardian Angel for protection and help to get him out. Place post-its with the words "I am happy and grateful that (guy's name) has moved out." When you wake up say "Thank You" and "I am happy and grateful that (his name) has moved out." When you go to bed say the same thing and visualize him packing and leaving in a peaceful manner. It doesn't have to be an ugly, messy thing. See your life happy without him. Wish him well and be happy. Never betray your own heart for a man.

Last edited by Aurelia21; 11-16-2013 at 12:02 PM..

Old 11-17-2013, 06:37 AM

651 posts, read 1,562,914 times
what county?

here is the clayton county court link: they help explain how to do it.

Eviction (PATHO) - Clayton County Government.

its usually about $72 in each county.

Old 11-17-2013, 09:33 AM

2,862 posts, read 3,822,569 times
I think the laws vary by county, but you should just call the police department and ask under what circumstances you can get someone removed from your apartment. Explain that you are the tenant and he is just an occupant and no crime has been committed but you have asked him to leave and he won't.

Cobb County, for instance, requires that you do file at the Magistrate Court to have them legally evicted depending on how long they have lived there and some other factors, and it does not matter that they are not on the lease. Fulton County (or at a minimum Atlanta Police Dept.) requires the police to come out to the residence and make what i call a big spectacle just to even address the question.

I have not had the issue myself but have several friends who have been in similar situations. I'd say the first step is to call the local police department Monday after 8:00 a.m.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: