Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you get around the "edit" option disappearing after so long?
11 73.33%
Make a poll! 4 26.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 12:10 PM

858 posts, read 1,385,459 times

Advertisements

That's an outstanding looking building. It's good to see something that isn't a blue wall of glass for once. I just hope the real thing actually lives up to the design.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2014, 12:56 PM

8,486 posts, read 14,999,411 times
Quote:
I honestly expected better from Perkins + Will. The design is "blah".

Also, is anyone else getting tired of the endless (HIGH END) apartment announcements? We should be getting a better mix of housing options, instead of the one sided way new home construction has been in this city for the last 15 years or so in one way or another.

EDIT:

That building is going to ruin the view for anyone on the northside of the 805 building. Too bad, I was looking at a couple of units in the build too. Hmm, or maybe it isn't bad. Prices might go down in it since anyone on the northside of the building's view will be right in to this new building.

On the bright side, another open air parking lot goes boom.

Last edited by waronxmas; 01-15-2014 at 01:09 PM..

Old 01-15-2014, 01:07 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,875,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Also, is anyone else getting tired of the endless (HIGH END) apartment announcements? We should be getting a better mix of housing options, instead of the one sided way new home construction has been in this city for the last 15 years or so in one way or another.
One thing to consider is rents get lower as these things get older (adjusting for inflation). You can find some quite reasonable rents on even "high-end" places that were built 15-25 years ago.

Old 01-15-2014, 01:13 PM

858 posts, read 1,385,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
I honestly expected better from Perkins + Will.
Really? You must either be overestimating Atlanta's cache or overestimating that firm. If the renderings are any indication this will be one of their more intricate offerings. They have some pretty generic buildings in their portfolio (like the one on 17th in Atlantic Station).

Old 01-15-2014, 01:17 PM

1,637 posts, read 2,630,536 times
How high do you have to be up in the air to not hear the street noise?

Old 01-15-2014, 01:20 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,875,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrythesnake View Post
How high do you have to be up in the air to not hear the street noise?
New buildings are very sound-proof. When I lived in Viewpoint you wouldn't even notice a parade or firetruck roaring by unless you opened the patio door.

Old 01-15-2014, 01:30 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,047,654 times
How far along towards actually committing to this project are they? Will ground break for sure once approved or is it still up in the air.

More retail sounds awesome and I think the continued momentum with more and more people moving to the area will make it work but its interesting that all these years later and with the pickup in the economy the Viewpoint retail is still largely vacant, similar to the vacant spaces in the Luxe building.

Old 01-15-2014, 01:32 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,047,654 times
And even if there is some you get use to a little and its not really that big a deal. There is however a huge difference between being 10 floors up and seeing street level (ie people walking etc) versus higher up where its more the horizon view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
New buildings are very sound-proof. When I lived in Viewpoint you wouldn't even notice a parade or firetruck roaring by unless you opened the patio door.

Old 01-15-2014, 02:06 PM

2,862 posts, read 3,821,796 times

I don't like that. It looks like a boot made out of honeycomb.

Old 01-15-2014, 03:26 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,349,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah View Post
And even if there is some you get use to a little and its not really that big a deal. There is however a huge difference between being 10 floors up and seeing street level (ie people walking etc) versus higher up where its more the horizon view.
I notice it a bit and I'm ~3 units off Peachtree & 24 stories up. It's pretty much only the occasional d**chebag w/ the unmuffled harley that realizes all those high rises act like canyon walls and everyone must know the power & opulence they possess via 96 payments of $160/mon at 19.9% APR. But I haven't really ever been kept up at night. Most days I can't even tell if it's raining. On another note, the glass also kills all forms of cell signal. Don't get more than 1bar from any carrier and I've tried all of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta