Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 08:39 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,786,981 times

Advertisements

What future portion of the Beltline do you think will have as much foot traffic as the Eastside Trail?

How is the foot traffic on the other two portions on the Beltline?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2014, 06:35 AM

1,697 posts, read 2,250,588 times
The section behind Piedmont Park should do well when completed and I'm sure the Westside Trail will also, but I don't see how any portion could catch up with the Eastside in the foreseeable future. The next two sections are an extension of the Eastside Trail south and the Westside Trail. In the next two years, while construction is happening on those sections, Midtown will continue booming. I bet the Beltline will be completed before any section can surpass the Eastside Trail.

Old 05-14-2014, 06:44 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,876,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
What future portion of the Beltline do you think will have as much foot traffic as the Eastside Trail?

How is the foot traffic on the other two portions on the Beltline?
SE trail thru Grant Park.

Old 05-14-2014, 07:01 AM

1,478 posts, read 1,725,730 times
I think the SE Trail through Grant Park will be just as busy as the current Eastside Trail. They said this portion should begin construction within the next 5 years () and it connects the currently bustling east side of the city to Glenwood Park, Zoo Atlanta, and Grant Park (which holds a number of festivals). Hopefully, that will be an catalyst for improving areas beyond Grant Park on the beltline, and south of Grant Park.

Old 05-14-2014, 07:47 AM

226 posts, read 276,154 times
Im concerned that this won't complete the circle. In the other conversation they said that the train will only go one way. Which is a waste of time if I'm iover at Lenox and need to go to my house. I might as well walk! HA!

Old 05-14-2014, 08:48 AM

8,486 posts, read 15,004,545 times
Nothing to be concerned about. The Beltline will be completed, but it won't be over night...this of course is not a bad thing since good projects take time. While you were hear many critics say "it will never happen" or that the Beltline is "taking too long to build", it's nothing but rubbish. Fifteen years ago, the Beltline was nothing more than a graduate thesis. It wasn't until nine years ago that it was even being explored as a viable possibility. Construction didn't begin until six years ago.

While it may feel like it will never happen, imagine that everything that is the Beltline today has happened in just six years. I don't know how old you are, but from my perspective that is just a short period of time. Hell, I have shoes older than six years.

As for the the trains, they will go in both directions. There is no reason to think that they wouldn't as that would make no sense. What probably won't happen is that the entire Beltline won't be double tracked. They'll probably utilize rail splits at key junctures.

Old 05-14-2014, 08:54 AM

226 posts, read 276,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Nothing to be concerned about. The Beltline will be completed, but it won't be over night...this of course is not a bad thing since good projects take time. While you were hear many critics say "it will never happen" or that the Beltline is "taking too long to build", it's nothing but rubbish. Fifteen years ago, the Beltline was nothing more than a graduate thesis. It wasn't until nine years ago that it was even being explored as a viable possibility. Construction didn't begin until six years ago.

While it may feel like it will never happen, imagine that everything that is the Beltline today has happened in just six years. I don't know how old you are, but from my perspective that is just a short period of time. Hell, I have shoes older than six years.

As for the the trains, they will go in both directions. There is no reason to think that they wouldn't as that would make no sense. What probably won't happen is that the entire Beltline won't be double tracked. They'll probably utilize rail splits at key junctures.
thats' good to hear. I can't remember who said it but it was an expert on the Beltline in another post. Maybe last week he said the trains won't complete the circle?????

Old 05-14-2014, 09:00 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,876,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarnishaluvsdontae View Post
thats' good to hear. I can't remember who said it but it was an expert on the Beltline in another post. Maybe last week he said the trains won't complete the circle?????
On page 43-44 on the attached pdf, there is an example of how the streetcars would run on the BeltLine and crosstown connections.
http://beltlineorg.wpengine.netdna-c...ort-022514.pdf

Old 06-25-2014, 10:09 AM

2,092 posts, read 3,225,471 times
"On Wednesday, June 25, PEDS, metro Atlanta’s pedestrian advocacy organization, is collaborating with Atlanta BeltLine Path Force officers on a targeted crosswalk enforcement on the Atlanta BeltLine Eastside Trail where it crosses Monroe Drive at 10th Street in Midtown..."

Full Story: Crosswalk enforcement operation set for BeltLine - Atlanta INtown Paper

Old 06-25-2014, 10:30 AM

3,615 posts, read 7,779,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
The Westside trail will have more foot traffic - higher population density.

The NW trail will have more foot traffic IF the Silver Comet Trail is ever connected to the Belt Line AND the portion near Atlantic Station is ever done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarnishaluvsdontae View Post
Im concerned that this won't complete the circle. In the other conversation they said that the train will only go one way. Which is a waste of time if I'm iover at Lenox and need to go to my house. I might as well walk! HA!
The other LRT lines inside the beltway will make up for the Belt Line only being one way, if that's ever the case.

One reality is that people may get so used to it being a bicycle and pedestrian trail, that there may actually be complaints about putting a train in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta