Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2014, 11:38 AM

708 posts, read 1,003,203 times

Advertisements

Study: Falcons fans near middle of the pack in 2014 - Atlanta Business Chronicle

Quote:
Atlanta Falcons fans “rose up” from nearly the worst in 2013 to nearly middle of the pack in 2014, according to an annual study from Atlanta-based Emory University’s Sports Marketing Analytics.
The Falcons have the No. 22 fan base out of 32 NFL teams. Last year, the team's fans were ranked No. 31.
The study also found Falcons' social media equity is lacking -- the team is 25th.
Emory said it bases its rankings on team box office revenues relative to team on-field success, market population, stadium capacity, median income, social media presence and other factors.
The Dallas Cowboys yet again have the No. 1 fan base.
Here’s how the Falcons’ division rival fan bases rank:
No. 9 -- New Orleans Saints
No. 17 -- Tampa Bay Buccaneers
No. 23 -- Carolina Panthers
In terms of social media equity, here’s how the NFC South stacks up:
No. 5 -- New Orleans Saints
No. 24 -- Tampa Bay Buccaneers
No. 25 -- Atlanta Falcons
No. 30 -- Carolina Panthers

Come on ATL!!! LETS MAKE IT TO THE TOP 10 BY 2016!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2014, 01:10 PM

939 posts, read 799,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigATL View Post
I really hope we can get back to the playoffs this season. The Falcons did get some help on both sides of the line. Still, I dion't see where we are going to get a pass rush from, and our overall defense appears highly questionable. Hope I'm wrong, but I'll predict 7-9. For the teams psyche, we,ve got to beat the Saints in the opener.

Old 07-29-2014, 02:34 PM

7,584 posts, read 10,837,442 times
I guess that is good... moving from almost dead last to the 25th percentile....

We really need something to unify the region with the Falcons better. I myself must admit I haven't been that great of a Falcons fan and I grew up here.

I was always into the Braves and college football.

Old 07-29-2014, 03:53 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,972,917 times
I'm one of the biggest Falcons fans around and it's a wonder our fanbase is that high, given the fact that the team has barely done anything in 48 years...

Old 07-29-2014, 04:00 PM

185 posts, read 319,604 times
Our "fan" base sucks because we have so many fair weather "fans". Bandwagoners really. They only want to hop on the train when we are winning. Some people around this city don't know what it is to be a fan. If your a fan then your a FAN!. Win, loose, good and down right ugly. It also doesn't help that Atlanta is a melting pot so you have people from all over that like other teams and bring that mess here.

I like the aggression Ive seen at camp and quite pleased with the new additions to team as well as the maturation of last years rookie players like Tru, Alford and Antione. As long as we stay healthy , folks do their jobs and they get good chemistry going we should be darn good and just fine this season. First pre season game next week!

Old 07-29-2014, 04:18 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,972,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachInTheCity View Post
Our "fan" base sucks because we have so many fair weather "fans". Bandwagoners really. They only want to hop on the train when we are winning. Some people around this city don't know what it is to be a fan. If your a fan then your a FAN!. Win, loose, good and down right ugly. It also doesn't help that Atlanta is a melting pot so you have people from all over that like other teams and bring that mess here.
Nope. Not bandwagoners. Bandwagoners arrive either after a team wins a championship or when it's obvious as heck that the team is gonna win it. See the Patriots, Saints, and Heat as the most recent examples.

The Falcons have NEEEVER had this, so "fairweather" as they may be, the fans are NOT bandwagoners. You'd have to actually have a wagon to want to jump onto. And it's been 48 years...

I agree with everything else though, especially Atlanta being a melting pot. I mean, my God, at least 1/2 of the metro area is comprised of people that aren't even from Georgia.

Old 07-29-2014, 10:29 PM

304 posts, read 326,697 times
OK checking the NFL attendance figures the last 6 seasons shows the falcons in top half in attendance at at 97% capacity, averaging just over 67,000 fans per game. The problem is the GA Dome is only able to handle a capacity of 71,000. Other stadiums have a larger capacity than the Dome, which means that the Falcons can't really move up beyond their capacity. As for whatever the rest of that BS is about, I don't know how Falcons fans can do anymore than attend a game and make noise. I mean obviously with a huge market like Atlanta the GA Dome could probably do better than 71,000 capacity, and median income has gone up also over the years so that hurts when compared to revenue and total attendance. But I am a season ticket holder and attend almost every home game, it is loud almost every game, yes there were some empty seats down the stretch last season, what do you expect when the team finished 4-12. Even so the Falcons games haven't fallen below the blackout threshold for a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta