Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 11:20 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,208,559 times

Advertisements

So is the exact reason for this shooting known ?

Murder is on a steep decline in ATL. The most common theft is carjacking. I did research those stats before coming here.

However, I really did not expect a murder in this area, as its well patrolled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2014, 05:40 PM

2,848 posts, read 6,439,496 times
In every major American city you have a small number of people who are both well off and homicidal at the same time. If you keep company with these kinds of people it's hard for the police to stop them if you tick them off. Best bet is to be a good judge of character and stay away from this type (here's a tip. Most people that fit this description did not earn their money honestly or like acting like people that don't earn their money honestly).

Old 09-01-2014, 06:36 PM

4 posts, read 6,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
So is the exact reason for this shooting known ?

Murder is on a steep decline in ATL. The most common theft is carjacking. I did research those stats before coming here.

However, I really did not expect a murder in this area, as its well patrolled.
You can't patrol inside an apartment. Isolated cases like this (when everyone knows each other) have almost nothing to do with public security.

Old 09-01-2014, 06:42 PM

6,503 posts, read 6,121,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
In every major American city you have a small number of people who are both well off and homicidal at the same time. If you keep company with these kinds of people it's hard for the police to stop them if you tick them off. Best bet is to be a good judge of character and stay away from this type (here's a tip. Most people that fit this description did not earn their money honestly or like acting like people that don't earn their money honestly).

Old 09-02-2014, 07:53 AM

446 posts, read 678,278 times
yea its rare NOW that murder happens in the midtown/downtown area but no less than 10 years ago when the peachtree st was the club strip(buckhead to downtown) you could bet there would be a couple murders in the area. I can tell a lot of people on here are not from THE A. Murder was the game and the last few years Atlanta averages under 100 homicides that's a long cry from when it was getting over 200 back when I was a kid and couldn't go outside or even look out the window. it went down to the 110-150 range after the '96 games.

Old 09-02-2014, 08:34 AM

1,850 posts, read 3,016,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lem1985 View Post
yea its rare NOW that murder happens in the midtown/downtown area but no less than 10 years ago when the peachtree st was the club strip(buckhead to downtown) you could bet there would be a couple murders in the area. I can tell a lot of people on here are not from THE A. Murder was the game and the last few years Atlanta averages under 100 homicides that's a long cry from when it was getting over 200 back when I was a kid and couldn't go outside or even look out the window. it went down to the 110-150 range after the '96 games.

Well, good thing 10 years ago doesn't matter today.

Old 09-02-2014, 09:08 AM

446 posts, read 678,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
Well, good thing 10 years ago doesn't matter today.

no need for any sarcastic comments

Old 09-02-2014, 09:31 AM

3,874 posts, read 4,697,874 times
This morning as per normal on my commute in, I rode by the shooting scene high rise tower on W. Peachtree and looked up at it.
There were young people outside on the W. Peachtree side hanging out on the balconies which is not at all the norm for that time of morning on a week day. It must be leftover partying from what was a very busy, event-filled weekend in the city.
Honestly, it made me wonder if the building, and others like it, were out of control scenes of noise & partying all weekend.
When I lived in the COA & did pet sitting & stayed overnight in condos in Midtown, I found that depending on the building location & specifics, as in whether the unit I was in faced a street, the noise factor could be seriously bad as in over-the-top not only from inside the building but most especially from outside especially at night.
I regularly was awakened at club closing time because of the sudden upsurge of a combination of vocal, automobile & stereo noise at that particular time.
A a result, I would not give 2 cents for Midtown high rise living with the possible exception of north-facing units over looking Ansley Park in the condos at Colony Square. I know from experice that they are quiet & not prone to loud & all night party events.

Old 09-02-2014, 09:43 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,208,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atler8 View Post
This morning as per normal on my commute in, I rode by the shooting scene high rise tower on W. Peachtree and looked up at it.
There were young people outside on the W. Peachtree side hanging out on the balconies which is not at all the norm for that time of morning on a week day. It must be leftover partying from what was a very busy, event-filled weekend in the city.
Honestly, it made me wonder if the building, and others like it, were out of control scenes of noise & partying all weekend.
When I lived in the COA & did pet sitting & stayed overnight in condos in Midtown, I found that depending on the building location & specifics, as in whether the unit I was in faced a street, the noise factor could be seriously bad as in over-the-top not only from inside the building but most especially from outside especially at night.
I regularly was awakened at club closing time because of the sudden upsurge of a combination of vocal, automobile & stereo noise at that particular time.
A a result, I would not give 2 cents for Midtown high rise living with the possible exception of north-facing units over looking Ansley Park in the condos at Colony Square. I know from experice that they are quiet & not prone to loud & all night party events.
Thankfully, there isn't too much wild partying in my apartment building, also the reason for a higher rating as opposed to other midtown Apt's. Only disadvantage is freeway noise, but the sealed windows do a good job at blocking that off.

Old 09-02-2014, 09:48 AM

10,744 posts, read 13,386,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atler8 View Post
I think it varies from building to building depending on the demographic that the landlord / building owner has targeted. I'm sure there are buildings occupied mostly by older professional types where noise isn't a big factor. When I lived in The Dakota, noise was really rarely an issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta