Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 10:02 PM

286 posts, read 439,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airforceguy View Post
I could honestly see Atlanta moving further up this list in the future; especially when developments like the new Falcons and Braves stadiums open and Buckhead Atlanta comes futher online.
Report: Atlanta No. 11 ?Most Popular U.S. Destination? (LISTS) - Atlanta Business Chronicle
Yeah if you want to visit a congested city that the traffic is so bad it's polluting the air. I will however like to visit atlanta to see a braves game in the new baseball stadium once it's done and also see a football game in the new falcons stadium once it's completed. I see atlanta in the near future hosting the superbowl in the new falcons stadium. Since im not from atlanta does anybody know what will happen to the old georgia dome are they going to bulldoze it or are they going to hold onto it.

Last edited by columbusmetro89; 02-07-2015 at 10:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2015, 10:14 PM

1,327 posts, read 1,916,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusmetro89 View Post
Yeah if you want to visit a congested city that the traffic is so bad it's polluting the air. I will however like to visit atlanta to see a braves game in the new baseball stadium once it's done and also see a football game in the new falcons stadium once it's completed. I see atlanta in the near future hosting the superbowl in the new falcons stadium. Since im not from atlanta does anybody know what will happen to the old georgia dome.
After the new stadium is completed, the dome will be destroyed and removed.

Talk of Mega-Hotel Near Falcons Stadium Just Got Real - Adventures In Lodging - Curbed Atlanta

Old 02-07-2015, 10:16 PM

286 posts, read 439,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpatt.marine1 View Post
After the new stadium is completed, the dome will be destroyed and removed.

Talk of Mega-Hotel Near Falcons Stadium Just Got Real - Adventures In Lodging - Curbed Atlanta
Ok and great information what will they put in it's existing spot just leave it an empty lot and more than likely a developer will buy it a build another sky soaring skyscraper which atlanta has enough of. Even though this new proposed hotel is nice will it get used.

Last edited by columbusmetro89; 02-07-2015 at 10:37 PM..

Old 02-08-2015, 12:17 AM

37,904 posts, read 42,073,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Is just not one of the top places that I have a reason or want to go several tomes in my life when so many other places have more to offer.No reason for me to be on New Orleans for things I can do here or in other places that offer more.

If I go to NOLA I want to experience the culture history and architecture.
If I go to NYC or Chicago I want to shop, eat and be entertained by activities like Broadway.

I don't go to These cities to see the Statue of Liberty or Sears Tower everytime I go so why would I want to see a city smaller than Charlotte offering less shopping and less diverse entertainment options?
I'm sure there are people like yourself that go often but I have net more people than not who have never been or have only gone once or twice as I have said previously.
All I'm saying is that to say that NOLA is a city that *most people* only visit once or twice in their lives is a pretty broad, sweeping statement that really can't be substantiated. However, the city offers enough in the way of culture, attractions, and events for many people to visit more than once or twice; I think that's a fair statement.

Old 02-08-2015, 08:08 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,538,776 times
Yaaawwwwnnnn

Old 02-09-2015, 07:50 AM
bu2

24,116 posts, read 14,940,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykomonkee View Post
San Antonio commonly hosts a LOT of state sporting events. That adds in to the amount of visitors.

I don't take the list to mean vacationers or tourists. But simply visitors. Including business travel, conventioneers, family visitors, sporting event attendees, patients to specialty hospitals, music festival attendees, concert goers, shoppers, etc...
Not everyone travels to a destination for the purpose of vacation & tourism.

For example, I'm not sure just how many people participate, but San Antonio host that "Remember the Alamo" Reenactment every year... That's going to count for something. Not sure how much, but something.
San Antonio also has SeaWorld and an amusement park (Fiesta Texas) in addition to the Alamo and the other Spanish missions around town. It gets tons of weekend visitors, especially from within Texas. The hotels around the RiverWalk are pretty busy. It also gets lots of shoppers from Mexico.

Old 02-18-2015, 01:52 AM

1,077 posts, read 1,400,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Is just not one of the top places that I have a reason or want to go several tomes in my life when so many other places have more to offer.No reason for me to be on New Orleans for things I can do here or in other places that offer more.

If I go to NOLA I want to experience the culture history and architecture.
If I go to NYC or Chicago I want to shop, eat and be entertained by activities like Broadway.

I don't go to These cities to see the Statue of Liberty or Sears Tower everytime I go so why would I want to see a city smaller than Charlotte offering less shopping and less diverse entertainment options?
I'm sure there are people like yourself that go often but I have net more people than not who have never been or have only gone once or twice as I have said previously.
You can say that your opinion is the same as most of the people you know or most of the people you've met in passing, but you absolutely cannot say that it reflects a consensus opinion. Tell me about the traditional dynamics revealing Atlanta as a Southern anomaly and New Orleans as not a Southern anomaly. Go ahead....I'll counter with facts showing the unsubstantiated rhetorical gibberish that you spouted.

Old 02-18-2015, 02:24 AM

4,651 posts, read 4,599,695 times
Atlanta has the potential to do much better than 11.

Old 02-18-2015, 09:25 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,821,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceter View Post
You can say that your opinion is the same as most of the people you know or most of the people you've met in passing, but you absolutely cannot say that it reflects a consensus opinion. Tell me about the traditional dynamics revealing Atlanta as a Southern anomaly and New Orleans as not a Southern anomaly. Go ahead....I'll counter with facts showing the unsubstantiated rhetorical gibberish that you spouted.
I said it was my opinion so why does it matter to you of you are secure in your own opinion?

However the fact is that Atlanta get way more visitors than New Orleans.
Regardless of what the percentage of those or tourist or business groups it would suggest that those visitors that come to Atlanta are more frequent than those elsewhere on the Southeast region.
What facts can yiu provide other than subjective list that show factual data that would suggest you were more accurate than I?

I never called your remark foolish or gibberish.Dint know what your problem is.Just say you don't agreee.No need to be rude about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta