Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2008, 04:36 AM

2 posts, read 7,279 times

Advertisements

I just wanted to thank everyone who took the time to give me so much great information about Atlanta and in particular the West End.

My original post is here :: West End Ok For Gay Couple?

We just got back from our visit and decided that Atlanta is in fact the place for us. The city just has so much to offer and my partner and I are really excited about the change.

We actually spent time with a great realtor and found so many areas that we really liked. However, on our very last day there we found an area we LOVE.

East Atlanta Village - we just loved everything about it and especially the brownwood park area. From the moment we got there we just knew that would be our new home. While walking through the park we ran into numerous friendly people who were enjoying the park with their dogs (we are definitely doggie people) Below is a photo of our beauty.

Everyone was so friendly there and we just love the diversity. We can't wait to have a park for our sweet girl to play in.

So now we have just a few months to sell what we don't want to cart with us and get ready to move. Very exciting (and scary)

We are definitely looking to be a part of and contribute to this wonderful community and to make new friends My partner will definitely need to find a job - which I am sure can't be too difficult in Atlanta. I am lucky I can just bring my job with me

We are going to rent for 6 months just in case he can't find a job close enough to this area. Everyone says that traffic is awful and I would not want him to commute an hour to work or anything like that.

If anyone is looking for some cool new friends - sent me an email, I would love to hear from you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2008, 05:13 AM

2,642 posts, read 8,266,375 times
Yes, EAV is a good place, too. I didn't know if it was still affordable but I guess there are still deals to be found.

Welcome to Atlanta!

Old 01-09-2008, 05:15 AM

109 posts, read 485,843 times
Great. I hope you enjoy it, and good luck. BTW, I like the puppy pic.

Old 01-09-2008, 06:42 AM

2,138 posts, read 6,325,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasoo View Post
I just wanted to thank everyone who took the time to give me so much great information about Atlanta and in particular the West End.

We just got back from our visit and decided that Atlanta is in fact the place for us. The city just has so much to offer and my partner and I are really excited about the change.

We actually spent time with a great realtor and found so many areas that we really liked. However, on our very last day there we found an area we LOVE.

East Atlanta Village - we just loved everything about it and especially the brownwood park area. From the moment we got there we just knew that would be our new home. While walking through the park we ran into numerous friendly people who were enjoying the park with their dogs (we are definitely doggie people) Below is a photo of our beauty.

Everyone was so friendly there and we just love the diversity. We can't wait to have a park for our sweet girl to play in.

So now we have just a few months to sell what we don't want to cart with us and get ready to move. Very exciting (and scary)

We are definitely looking to be a part of and contribute to this wonderful community and to make new friends My partner will definitely need to find a job - which I am sure can't be too difficult in Atlanta. I am lucky I can just bring my job with me

We are going to rent for 6 months just in case he can't find a job close enough to this area. Everyone says that traffic is awful and I would not want him to commute an hour to work or anything like that.

If anyone is looking for some cool new friends - sent me an email, I would love to hear from you.
Excellent choice! Congratulations! You're gonna love Atlanta.

Old 01-09-2008, 06:53 AM

55 posts, read 234,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasoo View Post

And Westview.

We looked at East Atlanta ourselves and even had a house under contract there right before we decided to move to Westview instead. (One of the things we liked about Westview was the fact that the houses were bigger than East Atlanta.) It's definitely a nice neighbrhood and one where you wouldn't be dealing with revitalization because that area has already popped and gone. You should like it over there. Good luck on your move.

Old 01-09-2008, 01:00 PM

145 posts, read 598,729 times
East Atlanta is a great neighborhood. There are a lot of restaurants and retail there as I'm sure you saw.

When you finally do find your dream home make sure it is actually in East Atlanta. East Atlanta is on the eastern edge of Atlanta city limits and nearby communities in the 30316 zipcode sometimes misleadingly market themselves as East Atlanta when they are in fact unincorporated Dekalb County. Some choose portions of unincorporated Dekalb County (Between Moreland and Flat Shoals) because of lower property taxes and it can be closer to East Atlanta Village than parts of East Atlanta proper (By Fayetteville Rd). Just want to give you a heads up of that marketing tactic in that area. East Atlanta is one of my favorite neighborhoods in Atlanta. I'm sure you'll enjoy living there.

Viva La Atlanta!

Old 01-09-2008, 04:55 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,100,474 times
Welcome!!!!!

Old 09-22-2009, 07:24 PM

15 posts, read 43,809 times
So did you move there? How has it turned out? It's been 18 months since you posted.

We went Labor Day weekend and walked all over Atlanta.... We'd just get off a Marta station and walk up and down streets through different neighborhoods. We had the same experience with EAV and Brownwood Park. When we got there, we just knew that was it. That's where we wanted to be. We're back home now and still looking over real estate. "Our" house isn't out there yet, but we'll be patient.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:05 AM

927 posts, read 2,228,064 times
I know, I want the scoop too! Love to hear how new residents are making out. EAV is pretty cool. I do quite a bit out there--dance studio I frequent, plus a salon and eyebrow threading place (I-too for anyone interested, it's quality, clean, and inexpensive!) .

Urban, did you get to check out the East Atlanta Strut this past weekend? I planned on going to their music stage , but missed it b/c of a prior engagement .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: