Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 07:02 AM

2,613 posts, read 4,147,380 times

Advertisements

Thank you for your suggestion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton white guy View Post
You did not mention a "fastfood" party, but I have seen children's parties at the Chick-fil-la in Brookwood Hills (Peachtree across from Piedmont Hospital). There is a great deal of room and of course the usual playground.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2015, 07:03 AM

We called Leapin Lizards but I think it was booked. I'll double check.

Thanks for all of these suggestions! Upthread, I asked for your comments on the distance question. Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkMachine View Post
We have done Greene's Fine Foods in Decatur (candy store, they get a tour and get to make a treat to bring home), Little Shoppe of Stories (bookstore--they have a party space upstairs, you pretty much do what you want and then they do a quick storytime on the theme of your choice), music class (we did Tessitura but there are a ton of choices including The Music Class). Leaping Lizards is a bouncy place like Hippo Hopp and is a popular choice. We have been invited to parties at Midtown Bowl, Young Chef's Academy, an art studio I forget the name of (but 2 Crafty Chicks and Garage Door are both options I think). Oh and I hosted a small party at Sweet Dee's cupcake shop. It is in Decatur but not too far outside 285.

I can also assure you that a lot of people will drive further than you think. We live in Decatur and have had several invites to the Jimmy Carter Blvd area. I had my 8 year old's last birthday in Roswell at the Chattahoochee Nature Center. That is about 45 min from my home and our friends' homes and I didn't expect many to come, but we had 100% positive RSVP and all showed up.

Old 02-09-2015, 07:35 AM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,891,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkMachine View Post
We have done Greene's Fine Foods in Decatur (candy store, they get a tour and get to make a treat to bring home), Little Shoppe of Stories (bookstore--they have a party space upstairs, you pretty much do what you want and then they do a quick storytime on the theme of your choice), music class (we did Tessitura but there are a ton of choices including The Music Class). Leaping Lizards is a bouncy place like Hippo Hopp and is a popular choice. We have been invited to parties at Midtown Bowl, Young Chef's Academy, an art studio I forget the name of (but 2 Crafty Chicks and Garage Door are both options I think). Oh and I hosted a small party at Sweet Dee's cupcake shop. It is in Decatur but not too far outside 285.

I can also assure you that a lot of people will drive further than you think. We live in Decatur and have had several invites to the Jimmy Carter Blvd area. I had my 8 year old's last birthday in Roswell at the Chattahoochee Nature Center. That is about 45 min from my home and our friends' homes and I didn't expect many to come, but we had 100% positive RSVP and all showed up.
They will drive. Most of the parties seemed to be in Alpharetta or Roswell (Skyzone) or Stone Mountain (Stars & Strikes). We have to drive OTP for a lot of children's activities and stores. ITP is not real family oriented.

There's of course always Chuckie Cheese which is popular with the kids. The parents usually don't want to be there! Our son had 3 parties there one day when he was younger-2 at the same time. I barely made it through.

Old 02-09-2015, 07:37 AM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,891,132 times
Sensations is a thought. Its near I-85 and Executive Park/N. Druid Hills.

Old 02-09-2015, 07:54 AM

2,307 posts, read 2,996,014 times
My kids love Sensations Therafun, also. Max age to really enjoy it is about 7 years old, I find. And Blue Heron Nature Preserve is one of my son's favorite bday places. And again, rain only makes it more fun for five year old boys! Blue Heron also has indoor room w/ nature displays etc.

Old 02-09-2015, 08:18 AM

2,240 posts, read 5,860,047 times
My kids go to a Buckhead school, but we live in north Sandy Springs. I always worried about asking people to drive and whether it would hurt attendance. But, I quit worrying about it so much when my daughter was invited to a putt-putt party off of Pleasant Hill (!) and there were 20+ kids there. I think people will drive further than you think provided it sounds like a good party (providing refreshments for the adults helps too).

Old 02-09-2015, 08:42 AM

329 posts, read 638,433 times
I forgot... Main Event or Top Golf. Both in Alpharetta, but at least its a straight shot up 400.

Old 02-09-2015, 09:32 AM

Thanks very much for that information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMMom View Post
My kids go to a Buckhead school, but we live in north Sandy Springs. I always worried about asking people to drive and whether it would hurt attendance. But, I quit worrying about it so much when my daughter was invited to a putt-putt party off of Pleasant Hill (!) and there were 20+ kids there. I think people will drive further than you think provided it sounds like a good party (providing refreshments for the adults helps too).

Old 02-09-2015, 09:33 AM

I don't think I'm bold enough to host a party in Alpharetta but this suggestion may be useful to someone a little closer by (e.g., Dunwoody, Sandy Springs). Thanks again.

I also discovered there is a Main Event in Smyrna or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince217 View Post
I forgot... Main Event or Top Golf. Both in Alpharetta, but at least its a straight shot up 400.

Old 02-09-2015, 10:10 AM

9,317 posts, read 21,007,728 times
5yo and Top Golf... .NO.... unless you plan to attach safe ropes to each of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta