Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2015, 10:47 AM

1 posts, read 884 times

Advertisements

im a mother with 3 children 18 going off to college 16 and 12 year old looking to relocate to either Jacksonville fl or Atlanta ga area. can I get some input on both place im looking to make the best decision for us. I use to live in morrow ga before so I kind of know a little about Atlanta. which has more jobs, cost of living low, and easy to get around. how are the schools,, help help help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2015, 11:05 AM

219 posts, read 271,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonkiy View Post
im a mother with 3 children 18 going off to college 16 and 12 year old looking to relocate to either Jacksonville fl or Atlanta ga area. can I get some input on both place im looking to make the best decision for us. I use to live in morrow ga before so I kind of know a little about Atlanta. which has more jobs, cost of living low, and easy to get around. how are the schools,, help help help
Jacksonville is probably the best place for you. Good luck!

Old 03-09-2015, 11:13 AM

446 posts, read 680,283 times
Jacksonville is way easier to get around cost of living is about the same its all depends on the specific area you are trying to live in. haven't heard too much good about Jacksonville job market but I know they are always hiring for railroad careers. its less people in the Jacksonville metro area Jacksonville has more people in its city limits than atlanta that's because it jacksonville consolidated with duval county. schools also depend on where you stay but more so if children,teacher and parents all work together to make sure the children are learning. children go to school everyday and not learn anything and still have A's and B's at good and bad schools

Old 03-09-2015, 12:44 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,798,557 times
We need more info but Atlanta is better

Old 03-10-2015, 02:16 PM

14 posts, read 22,258 times
I am not familiar with Georgia, I relocated to Jacksonville a year ago from Miami, and I love it. I live in Orange park, Fl schools are excellent, rent prices for a home are very good and there are a ton of nice quiet neighborhoods. Not crowded very small town feel. It gets cold in the winter months for me since I am from south Florida, and I have allergies here, people live on Zyrtek. I am surprised no one ever mentions that, but it's true. It is very family oriented.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: