Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 03:58 PM

23,466 posts, read 44,100,317 times

Advertisements

Get a sitter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2015, 04:19 PM
bu2

24,106 posts, read 14,891,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuiOui View Post
It depends on the temperament of the baby. When my son first turned 1, we had no problem taking him with us to nice restaurants. His presence didn't disturb the other diners at all. He was very quiet and observant. We would bring separate snacks/drink for him to munch on until the food came out, and he did just fine.

Now, as an almost 2-yr old, it's a completely different story. You know your child better than anyone, so how do you think your baby will behave? Same goes for your friend's baby. That should answer your question. Don't worry too much about what's "frowned upon". If your baby can sit quietly throughout the meal, then go ahead and bring him/her. If any other diners are somehow bothered by the sight of a sweet child, who cares.

If your baby is a little ball of energy, to put it kindly, then try to eat at the earliest possible dinner time, before it gets crowded.
Depends on your kids. There was a time we couldn't take ours out-we couldn't enjoy it-around the time they were 2. You aren't going to Baccanahlia, you're going to a middle price restaurant, so don't worry about the other diners. Some of them will frown if you bring 12 year olds or dress up too much or too little. As long as they aren't throwing food or kicking the neighbors chairs...

Old 03-16-2015, 09:10 PM

2,412 posts, read 2,786,874 times
Go early on a nice day. Be prepared to eat in shifts. If the baby is fussy, one sits outside with the baby, the other eats.

Old 03-17-2015, 05:53 AM

2,281 posts, read 3,035,578 times
It depends on the kid and it depends on the atmosphere of the place and it can also depend on the time of day.

If you're eating at a nice, but noisy place then a table in a corner where a kids shouts are unlikely to add much to the din will probably be just fine.

However, a place with close quarters and a very vocal tyke might not be considerate to the other diners.

All things considered, this is a nice problem to have. Many of us with kids can't afford such nice places on the regular ;-)

Old 03-17-2015, 06:15 AM

371 posts, read 456,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Depends on your kids. There was a time we couldn't take ours out-we couldn't enjoy it-around the time they were 2. You aren't going to Baccanahlia, you're going to a middle price restaurant, so don't worry about the other diners. Some of them will frown if you bring 12 year olds or dress up too much or too little. As long as they aren't throwing food or kicking the neighbors chairs...
That age 2 is just the best AND the worst age!

Good luck to the OP and to your friends from out of town. Let us know where you decide to go! Maybe I'll take mine out with me to a nice place in another 2 years...

Old 03-17-2015, 06:52 AM

329 posts, read 638,433 times
i would personally hire a sitter.

however, if thats absolutely not an option... you can call up the restaurant and ask if they have high chairs for children. Generally if they have high chairs on hand, then they are welcoming to kids.

Old 03-17-2015, 07:05 AM

2,307 posts, read 2,996,014 times
I don't see why you'd do this to yourself when you don't get to see these friends very often. With two babies, you'll get no time to visit and will be totally distracted the entire time. I'm sure you could find a cool taco or burger place that is full of kids, that's not the issue so much. . .but Iberian Pig is nice enough where you are going to be distracting others and/or totally worrying if you are about to distract them. Find a sitter and everyone will have a better time.

Old 03-17-2015, 08:15 AM

1,990 posts, read 2,362,619 times
Or, as I suggested, go to the restaurant of your choice for lunch. Same food, more family friendly: win-win.

Old 03-17-2015, 08:29 AM

32,026 posts, read 36,796,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Get a sitter.
This.

You'll be doing yourself and others a favor.

Old 03-17-2015, 09:10 AM

1,979 posts, read 2,383,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post

or running up and down the aisles - like at my recent lunch at an upper middle "soccer moms who lunch" restaurant in Cobb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta