Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 01:23 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,786,194 times

Advertisements

I'm officially a city of Atlanta resident. I don't have to risk getting a ticket driving in the HOV lane anymore going to Cobb lol. It takes me on average about 15 mins to get to work via Marta. I take Marta daily to work. I didn't even drive my car yesterday. If I need to go out and can walk to Edgewood. I no longer have to listen to traffic reports. No more worrying about trees falling into my room. I pay a little more in rent but it's worth it. Looking at the traffic on 75/85 while riding Eastbound on Marta is wonderful lol. Btw the view of the city at the King Memorial station is incredible
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2015, 01:29 PM

Location: Formerly NYC by week; ATL by weekend...now Rio bi annually and ATL bi annually
1,522 posts, read 2,244,620 times
Congrats!

Old 03-26-2015, 01:30 PM

1,329 posts, read 1,315,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
I'm officially a city of Atlanta resident. I don't have to risk getting a ticket driving in the HOV lane anymore going to Cobb lol. It takes me on average about 15 mins to get to work via Marta. I take Marta daily to work. I didn't even drive my car yesterday. If I need to go out and can walk to Edgewood. I no longer have to listen to traffic reports. No more worrying about trees falling into my room. I pay a little more in rent but it's worth it. Looking at the traffic on 75/85 while riding Eastbound on Marta is wonderful lol. Btw the view of the city at the King Memorial station is incredible
So how are you going to exhibit your self-absorbsion and feelings of entitlement now that you live in town? Cut people in line at the coffee shop?

Seriously, people who drive in the HOV lane when they're not entitled to do so, as well as people who park in handicapped spaces or create their own parking space out of a fire lane or traffic lane really **** me off. Same goes for those who don't return their grocery carts but instead just leave them in the middle of the parking lot. So if there's one fewer person abusing the HOV lane on I-75, that's a good thing.

Enjoy your time in the city.

Old 03-26-2015, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evannole View Post
So how are you going to exhibit your self-absorbsion and feelings of entitlement now that you live in town? Cut people in line at the coffee shop?

Seriously, people who drive in the HOV lane when they're not entitled to do so, as well as people who park in handicapped spaces or create their own parking space out of a fire lane or traffic lane really **** me off. Same goes for those who don't return their grocery carts but instead just leave them in the middle of the parking lot. So if there's one fewer person abusing the HOV lane on I-75, that's a good thing.

Enjoy your time in the city.
Sorry but I have better things to do with my time than to sit in 75 traffic

Old 03-26-2015, 01:39 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,614,461 times
Welcome to Atlanta!
A good talk radio station is AM750 WSB...
WSB stands for Welcome South, Brother!
It's a conservative talk show with the likes of Herman Cain - Neil Boortz used to have his show there until he retired from broadcast radio.

You must venture out to Stone Mountain after Memorial Day to see the laser light show.
They have them nightly after Memorial Day (not sure of the current schedule) and it's a must see.

You must find and from that point on, reference, the Big Chicken... It's a KFC that's on HWY 41 (the same HWY 41 that's popular in the 70's tune - Ramblin' Man)...
It's shaped like a, you guessed it, a really big (3 story) chicken.
Eyes rotate, beak opens and closes, and, as I said, used as a geographic location.
No matter where you want to go in Cobb county, a long time resident will reference 'The Big Chicken'..
Even if you go no where NEAR it , they'll say, 'If you pass the Big Chicken, you've gone too far."

You'll have to 'Shoot The Hooch' - tubing down the Chattahoochee River.

Enjoy your time in Atlanta, and, Welcome South, Brother!

Old 03-26-2015, 01:41 PM

2,281 posts, read 3,035,578 times
Living in the city has its ups and downs. Shorter commute is nice, but there is more noise and the need to stay vigilant.

Old 03-26-2015, 01:41 PM

1,329 posts, read 1,315,665 times
Quote:
Yup, I'm sure your time is much more valuable than anyone else's.

Old 03-26-2015, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumf View Post
Welcome to Atlanta!
A good talk radio station is AM750 WSB...
WSB stands for Welcome South, Brother!
It's a conservative talk show with the likes of Herman Cain - Neil Boortz used to have his show there until he retired from broadcast radio.

You must venture out to Stone Mountain after Memorial Day to see the laser light show.
They have them nightly after Memorial Day (not sure of the current schedule) and it's a must see.

You must find and from that point on, reference, the Big Chicken... It's a KFC that's on HWY 41 (the same HWY 41 that's popular in the 70's tune - Ramblin' Man)...
It's shaped like a, you guessed it, a really big (3 story) chicken.
Eyes rotate, beak opens and closes, and, as I said, used as a geographic location.
No matter where you want to go in Cobb county, a long time resident will reference 'The Big Chicken'..
Even if you go no where NEAR it , they'll say, 'If you pass the Big Chicken, you've gone too far."

You'll have to 'Shoot The Hooch' - tubing down the Chattahoochee River.

Enjoy your time in Atlanta, and, Welcome South, Brother!
I'm a Ga native but thanks!

Old 03-26-2015, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzanman View Post
Living in the city has its ups and downs. Shorter commute is nice, but there is more noise and the need to stay vigilant.
Actually you would think it would be more noise but it isnt. Probably because I'm higher in the air. The other part is true but that's avoidable with common sense

Old 03-26-2015, 03:21 PM

1,697 posts, read 2,250,231 times
Quote:
I hope you get ticketed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: