Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 02:00 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,867,128 times

Advertisements

Her overall tone would make me keep my kids away even without a racial angle to it. I cannot imagine placing my kids in a school with someone that would run a public ceremony in this fashion. And the fact that this type of disrespect was happening within a local (borrowed I assume) house of worship adds to the lunacy.

I am not quick to judge a person as a racist because racist behavior or speech slips out here or there. All of us have fallen far from glory in this regard if we are honest. But the whole essence of this school with this leader's demeanor would give me pause from ever considering it as an option for my kids. The racist slip (and I will be gracious and consider it as just that as I have nothing else to go on) is just the icing on the cake.

Old 05-11-2015, 02:26 PM

23,466 posts, read 44,115,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
Well, if it was only black people that were being rude to the speaker, and if it was only black people who were walking out, how is she being racist by saying it's only the black people who are walking out? She told the truth. I understand the truth bites and stings, but its still the truth. Being called out on it doesn't make it untrue. She'll probably end up losing her job and her repuration being labeled a racist, and will probably go thru some rehab, and pretty much start over in another career that does not requiree much public interaction.
My understanding is that black people weren't the only ones walking out at that point. At any rate, to me it seemed like an incredibly stupid thing to say.

Old 05-11-2015, 02:27 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,161,287 times
Quote:
Well, if it was only black people that were being rude to the speaker, and if it was only black people who were walking out, how is she being racist by saying it's only the black people who are walking out? She told the truth. I understand the truth bites and stings, but its still the truth. Being called out on it doesn't make it untrue. She'll probably end up losing her job and her repuration being labeled a racist, and will probably go thru some rehab, and pretty much start over in another career that does not requiree much public interaction.
Stop defending her remarks. First of all, in case you didn't watch the video, there were several black students sitting calmly and respectfully in the front rows up until the point where she dropped her racist bombshell. And second, you really shouldn't make comments like these without thoroughly investigating the whole story and not just the tiny portion that you want to use in your narrative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Her overall tone would make me keep my kids away even without a racial angle to it. I cannot imagine placing my kids in a school with someone that would run a public ceremony in this fashion. And the fact that this type of disrespect was happening within a local (borrowed I assume) house of worship adds to the lunacy.

I am not quick to judge a person as a racist because racist behavior or speech slips out here or there. All of us have fallen far from glory in this regard if we are honest. But the whole essence of this school with this leader's demeanor would give me pause from ever considering it as an option for my kids. The racist slip (and I will be gracious and consider it as just that as I have nothing else to go on) is just the icing on the cake.
OMG, I agree with Saintmarks.

You're right--the moments in the video leading up to her now infamous comments clearly show that she had no control over that ceremony in the first place. She was the director/principal/headmaster; it was her responsibility to establish and maintain an orderly ceremony.

To use some terminology from sports, she choked. The situation (that she helped create) got to her too much, and she buckled under the pressure. Now she has to deal with the consequences.

Old 05-11-2015, 02:34 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,529,767 times
Att
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
If it was the right area she probably would have been met outside. No one saying they should have taught her a lesson but I bet someone was probably thinking that..

In the video you can see one of the students throws something towards the stage
after someone would have meet her outside should they physically attack or verbally attack? I'm just trying to get clairification on how this should be handled by us black people.

Old 05-11-2015, 03:21 PM

32,027 posts, read 36,808,281 times
What was it that provoked all this to begin with? Something about a guy standing up front filming the audience with an iPad during the speech? And they had to call security for that?

Old 05-11-2015, 05:17 PM

16,707 posts, read 29,542,355 times
Quote:

Your point is nonsense. And--did you watch the video???

https://abagond.wordpress.com/2013/0...cism-argument/

Old 05-11-2015, 06:32 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,529,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
What was it that provoked all this to begin with? Something about a guy standing up front filming the audience with an iPad during the speech? And they had to call security for that?
Arjay, she doesn't likeblack people. That's fine, she was just caught slipping. Peoples real sides come out when they get upset. She lost herself in her emotions.

Old 05-11-2015, 06:56 PM

32,027 posts, read 36,808,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
Arjay, she doesn't likeblack people. That's fine, she was just caught slipping. Peoples real sides come out when they get upset. She lost herself in her emotions.
Yep, that I can see, Peach.

Wonder what she charges to attend?

Old 05-11-2015, 07:51 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,041,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post

She may actually be a halfway decent person who made a stupid comment. We have all made stupid comments at one time or another, though it's usually not on stage into a microphone in front of a roomful of people. Whatever she is (racist or not) she clearly lost her mind for that moment. I can't imagine people lining up to send their kids to a school where this woman is in charge. There is no telling what might come out of her mouth next.

Old 05-11-2015, 08:13 PM

1,280 posts, read 1,859,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
See Mutiny's post on the pervious page. So what should the black students do? Sit there and agree with her falsely claiming that only Black people were leaving the graduation?
Greetings,

I read Mutiny's post, and I agree.

I'll tell you a little about me before I answer your question. History has revealed to ME, that white folk are the eternal enemy of Black folk. I accept this and behave accordingly. I don't make excuses for it. Despite the fact that Black folk haven't dropped an atomic bomb on anyone, haven't enslaved anyone, are not responsible for the genocide of anyone, the whole effing world hates US!!!! This is a painful fact that we do not want to accept. However, I accept this fact. The propaganda is strong! This is the truly disgusting part of it all. We willingly participate in the negative behavior that shapes how we are perceived globally.

Collectively, Black folk are mentally ill. Yes, we are sick in the head. It is a socio-political NECESSITY that we be sick in the head. When they, our eternal enemy, decide that now is the time to do the big thing to us. NO ONE WILL COMPLAIN! Why? Because they have complied enough evidence to support their claim that we are TRASH. Trash is to be disposed of.

In our sick state of mind, we kill, rape, sell poison, etc., to each other and we justify our sick behaviors. When a Black man is killed by a white cop, it then becomes wrong to kill Black people! Please, don't get me wrong. I HATE those bastards who terrorize our neighborhoods. Yes, I'm talking about Black people. I know that I'm not alone in this sentiment. I know that lots of Black people are disgusted by our criminal behavior. It would be simple to take up arms and destroy every one of our neighborhood terrorists. However, that would not get rid of the dynamic that produces these terrorists in the first place. I'm interested in destroying that dynamic. That dynamic is racism.

Racism is NOT a white person calling Black people the n word. Racism is the dynamic that makes Black people believe that we are n words. I accept the Positive Kemetic Visions definition of the n word: a n word is a life, unworthy of life. Many Black people have internalized this definition. That's why it's so easy for Black folk who believe that Black folk, including themselves, are n words, to destroy other Black folk.

Now, my answer to your question. I heard someone from the video say, "You don't argue with crazy people." He's correct. They should have quietly remained seated or quietly exited. Speak not with your mouth, speak with your wallet!

Another thing about me. I'm a May born Gemini! I love to talk! It has been my goal, for the last few years, to be a better listener. As Black folk, we would do well to be great listeners. Let's not get upset because we don't like what we hear. Calmly listen and then decide the next move
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta