Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2015, 06:22 AM

787 posts, read 969,600 times

Advertisements

Here's the longer version, gives more context. She had already riled up the crowd before singling out black people.

https://youtu.be/vbJb_7--Poo

Old 05-10-2015, 08:45 AM

1,280 posts, read 1,859,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry X View Post
Here's the longer version, gives more context. She had already riled up the crowd before singling out black people.

https://youtu.be/vbJb_7--Poo
Larry, this video doesn't give any more context than the 30 second piece. Something had transpired before she "...riled up the crowd..." I'm not siding with her. However, I'd like to know what she was reacting to. She was calling out what she perceived to be rude behavior.

Give me a break! "Looks who's leaving, all the Black people." This is offensive?! Really?????!!!!

Old 05-10-2015, 08:55 AM

1,280 posts, read 1,859,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
It's not what she said its how she said it.
Their reaction to what was said is more striking than her words or her tone. It is our collective instability that keeps me away. I love that hell out of Black folk. However, we focus way too much on bull-feces.

Old 05-10-2015, 09:25 AM

1,236 posts, read 1,400,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape from Los Angeles View Post
But why is mentioning that they are black offensive?
That's not the question you should be asking; the question you should be asking is, why mention ANY RACE in particular?? Just saying that she thought it was rude for people to leave before the young man could make his speech would have sufficed. Not, "Oh look, it's all the black people leaving." I'm sorry, what relevance does that have to her overall issue? Questions like the one you've asked here are part of the problem.

Old 05-10-2015, 10:31 AM

20,516 posts, read 33,561,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeSides View Post
Larry, this video doesn't give any more context than the 30 second piece. Something had transpired before she "...riled up the crowd..." I'm not siding with her. However, I'd like to know what she was reacting to. She was calling out what she perceived to be rude behavior.

Give me a break! "Looks who's leaving, all the Black people." This is offensive?! Really?????!!!!
See Mutiny's post on the pervious page. So what should the black students do? Sit there and agree with her falsely claiming that only Black people were leaving the graduation?

Old 05-10-2015, 10:48 AM

1,397 posts, read 1,620,323 times
This lady must be a hoot in movie theaters

Old 05-10-2015, 12:02 PM

16,708 posts, read 29,542,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Williams View Post
You know, there's this thing about people dismissing and discounting the concerns of black Americans because they're perceived as being "highly emotional," especially when it comes to name-calling, dog-whistling and code talk among this nation's majority demographic. Look at it this way - you wouldn't tell a Jewish guy to "grow a thicker skin" when someone's calling him a "****" or spouting phrases like "don't try to jew me on this deal." But that's precisely what's been happening to black people for ages.

So blacks are perceived as whiny little babies every time they approach the rest of America with a legitimate grievance, because the rest of America wants them to "grow a thicker skin" and accept any insult or attack on their collective character that's thrown at them. The whole "don't act like thugs if you don't want to be called thugs" thing rings hollow when people automatically call any black person who's not their personal best friend or a friendly next-door neighbor "thugs," based on automatic assumptions on what black Americans are perceived to do as a collective entity.

There's also this thing about the Nancy Gordeuks of the world finding guys like you to co-sign their idiocy because you're willing to go all James David Manning on fellow blacks. Which is why a lot of people on City-Data walk away from you sideways every time you drop a hot nugget of "knowledge."

As for TNT, the best thing the black community can do to solve that problem is to unenroll en masse and either support other, more welcoming private schools or, better still, create and support their own.

This.

Old 05-10-2015, 12:32 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,311,939 times
I just don't like the fact that there are people out there...who would liken the trait of "rudeness" or being "uncouth" in polite company...to be an intrinsically Black American cultural characteristic.

These same people will be Judges, Employers, Police Officers, and Prosecutors who are the decision makers of the fates of black people.

Sad though, that there are those out there who would easily brush off the comments of the TNT Academy's founder as harmless.

It just shows that America is still a racially tribalized country in 2015.

And that people have yet to figure out how to truly and deeply understand each other...and sort out those differences in an enlightened and respectful manner.

Last edited by AcidSnake; 05-10-2015 at 12:34 PM.. Reason: Can't say this enough for some folks

Old 05-10-2015, 02:01 PM

If she said that in public imagine what she says at home behind doors.

Old 05-10-2015, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeSides View Post

Yes it's offensive because she brought race into it and singled out black people. When in fact not all or even most of the black people were not even leaving. So if I was one of the black people not leaving I would be pissed too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta