Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 01:23 AM

16,708 posts, read 29,542,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Williams View Post
You know, there's this thing about people dismissing and discounting the concerns of black Americans because they're perceived as being "highly emotional," especially when it comes to name-calling, dog-whistling and code talk among this nation's majority demographic. Look at it this way - you wouldn't tell a Jewish guy to "grow a thicker skin" when someone's calling him a "****" or spouting phrases like "don't try to jew me on this deal." But that's precisely what's been happening to black people for ages.

So blacks are perceived as whiny little babies every time they approach the rest of America with a legitimate grievance, because the rest of America wants them to "grow a thicker skin" and accept any insult or attack on their collective character that's thrown at them. The whole "don't act like thugs if you don't want to be called thugs" thing rings hollow when people automatically call any black person who's not their personal best friend or a friendly next-door neighbor "thugs," based on automatic assumptions on what black Americans are perceived to do as a collective entity.

There's also this thing about the Nancy Gordeuks of the world finding guys like you to co-sign their idiocy because you're willing to go all James David Manning on fellow blacks. Which is why a lot of people on City-Data walk away from you sideways every time you drop a hot nugget of "knowledge."

As for TNT, the best thing the black community can do to solve that problem is to unenroll en masse and either support other, more welcoming private schools or, better still, create and support their own.

Are Black People Too Eager to Forgive Racist Behaviors? - Atlanta Blackstar

Old 05-11-2015, 03:25 AM

283 posts, read 375,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by long duck dong View Post
Is what she said illegal?
Will the school lose accredited status?

Also, I know what demographic won't be enrolling next year..

Which means I would be even more eager to enroll my kid at her school tbh
So you'd subject your kid to that grade of crazy just to avoid a certain demographic based on stereotypes?

Old 05-11-2015, 07:40 AM

1,151 posts, read 1,310,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by long duck dong View Post
Is what she said illegal?
Will the school lose accredited status?

Also, I know what demographic won't be enrolling next year..

Which means I would be even more eager to enroll my kid at her school tbh
A racist punk rocker

//www.city-data.com/forum/orang...l#post39566411

Not too surprising. I am guessing FSU kicked your racist skinhead a$$ out of the NYC scene.

Old 05-11-2015, 07:58 AM

3,573 posts, read 5,311,939 times
Probably easier said than done. I think this lady is the founder of the school. She owns it, I would think.

And it looks like this school takes in students who for whatever reason could not complete public school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post
Apologetic Georgia principal blames ‘the devil’ for racial remark at commencement - The Washington Post

Oh FFS..."The devil made me do it" defense?? Seriously???

Fire this ***hole and get someone who can manage an unruly crowd without resorting to racist comments.

Old 05-11-2015, 08:01 AM

13,981 posts, read 25,965,387 times
Hopefully her son's grammar and spelling skills aren't representative of her skills as an educator.

Old 05-11-2015, 08:12 AM

3,006 posts, read 2,631,970 times
Two racist New Yorkers on this board over the weekend. Weird.

Old 05-11-2015, 08:13 AM

2,580 posts, read 2,487,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
Actually the real issue is, people who take positions based on feelings(i.e-the replies in this thread) will of necessity take disagreement more personally and feel offended more often than others.

My remarks were in no way attempting to offend. I will say blacks DO personalize offensive remarks more than most. If my remarks offend people to a point that they want to report me to the Mods, so be it. Just because I disagree with someone on this forum doesn't mean I'm "going to tell on you". That's child's play. I'm an adult. Adults don't always agree and sometimes adults say things we don't like. That's life. Freedom of speech doesn't mean--"People must say things I agree with"

Liberal blacks and other liberals see racism almost everywhere in America.

IMO, blacks need to put the focus and energy on Excellence, not being emotionally offended by what others say. It really does display the inferiority complex.
If this is your attitude about black social issues then you won't be making too many friends here in Atlanta especially black people...

Old 05-11-2015, 08:20 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
Actually the real issue is, people who take positions based on feelings(i.e-the replies in this thread) will of necessity take disagreement more personally and feel offended more often than others.

My remarks were in no way attempting to offend. I will say blacks DO personalize offensive remarks more than most. If my remarks offend people to a point that they want to report me to the Mods, so be it. Just because I disagree with someone on this forum doesn't mean I'm "going to tell on you". That's child's play. I'm an adult. Adults don't always agree and sometimes adults say things we don't like. That's life. Freedom of speech doesn't mean--"People must say things I agree with"

Liberal blacks and other liberals see racism almost everywhere in America.

IMO, blacks need to put the focus and energy on Excellence, not being emotionally offended by what others say. It really does display the inferiority complex.
Just wanted to say that racism is everywhere in America. I think that not acknowledging this is a mistake, and we should point it out in an effort to rid our country of the pervasiveness of the disease of race based ignorance.

Also, I find it odd that you speak about blacks being "emotionally offended" by this situation when you have been much more emotionally offended based on your comments when people disagree with something in regards to Atlanta being a utopia and you don't even live there. LOL

I am black and was not personally offended by her statements or emotionally affected by them because I'm knowledgeable about what I mentioned above, that racism is everywhere in America, it does not surprise me in the least. But if I were in the audience, I would do just as the other blacks and whites with sense did and I would have left after she said that. She is evidently not a stable person. I hope the state shuts down her school as something is wrong with her and those who feel that her rant, when she admitted that skipping the valedictorian (who the F does that!) was her fault. She had basically ended the ceremony, then got mad that people were leaving and wanted to only single out "the black people?" She is a nut. And those who choose to live in a la-la land and ignore racist people educating and demeaning children and their families are nuts too.

And the inferiority complex is blacks thinking they are just as bad as what the racist majority believes them to be. IMO it seems you fall into this category being you said that "blacks need to put the focus and energy on Excellence" as if no black people at all do this or the majority of us are uneducated, whiny-bots. That is very far from the truth and evidence that you suffer from an inferiority complex to even think that a majority of black people are somehow different and unfocused versus other Americans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Hopefully her son's grammar and spelling skills aren't representative of her skills as an educator.
In regards to this, her son Travis was daring people to come to his house in Cartersville and gave his address. He also dropped the "N" word in reference to black people. So evidently her parenting skills aren't the best either.

Old 05-11-2015, 08:23 AM

2,580 posts, read 2,487,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
The woman is completely unhinged and it's just unreal that people are actually defending her behavior and saying Black people are being extra sensitive about it.
Some people always search for a convenience moment or instance to antagonize black Americans even if they are black themselves or allege such on the internet...

There is a psychological term for it, it is aversive bias...

Oh yeah, there quite a number of people on this site that exhibit these keenly unique traits.

Last edited by jero23; 05-11-2015 at 09:06 AM..

Old 05-11-2015, 09:25 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,529,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Williams View Post
So you'd subject your kid to that grade of crazy just to avoid a certain demographic based on stereotypes?
John how long have you been in this country?? Not being a smart azz just curious why you are surprise at some parents now wanting to enroll their children there.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/princip...devil-w/nmDRH/

Says the devil made her do it...based on the article it seems she doesnt have patience for black people. OK....she was very comfortable making these comments, The move is if she has no patience for black people, but wants black peoples money for the education then the black kids should find other options. My rule is SPEND where you are appreciated and welcomed. Now im not one of these Pro blacks that cries racism every time a white person shows their true colors. So I am curious what is the goal here? Do black want an apology? Should all the blacks leave the school making it a school with all races but Blacks? Should she be arrested and do time? I see many arguing, but what should be the end result here? What would be a satisfying end result?

Last edited by 0nyxStation; 05-11-2015 at 10:09 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta