Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2015, 09:07 AM

15 posts, read 14,799 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone-

Actress and hubbie from Chicago here. So the hubbie and I are planning our scouting trip down to Atlanta this summer, and I'd love some suggestions on where to stay/what to see. We don't have kids, so it's just us.

1. We're house-hunting in Marietta, Roswell and Decatur, but we're open to anything. Should we stay in the city and just drive to these places? We thought we might stay in a suburb hotel and do regular things (i.e. run to the grocery store, go hang out at a coffee shop, etc.) just to get a feel for the different neighborhoods.

2. What are some fun things going on during late July/early August that you all would recommend?

3. Been checking weather- you guys are getting a lot of storms and rain lately. Is this normal? Is it like Florida where there are storms for an hour and then they pass and the sun comes out again? We're used to crappy weather in Chicago, but just curious.

4. Hubbie loves BBQ. Any must-eats?

Thanks for your suggestions! SO excited to come down!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2015, 09:12 AM

9,317 posts, read 21,007,728 times
1. Find a Hotel near I285 and GA400 Outside the city.
2. concentrate more on the house hunting, more then Site Seeing.
3. Afternoon storm are normal, pass in about two hours or so, but can be intense,
4. There was a PBS show last night about BBQ Atlanta, I;ll look for a link.

Old 05-27-2015, 10:28 AM

32 posts, read 40,382 times
BBQ - Heirloom BBQ, Fox Bros, Community Q

Old 05-27-2015, 11:03 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,707,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dessay13 View Post
Actress and hubbie from Chicago here. So the hubbie and I are planning our scouting trip down to Atlanta this summer, and I'd love some suggestions on where to stay/what to see.
If you're considering relocating, I suggest strongly that you stay where it is most likely that you will end up living.

Quote:
1. We're house-hunting in Marietta, Roswell and Decatur, but we're open to anything.
Why those three places specifically? The answer will help us advise you with regard to other options.

Quote:
Should we stay in the city and just drive to these places?
We moved to Roswell last November. The City of Atlanta, itself, has practically no impact on our day to day life.

Quote:
We thought we might stay in a suburb hotel and do regular things (i.e. run to the grocery store, go hang out at a coffee shop, etc.) just to get a feel for the different neighborhoods.
Excellent idea.

Old 07-14-2015, 07:38 PM

Hi all-

Thanks for the replies! We're looking at those areas because they seem most like places we'd want to live (after looking into it a little). I'm an actress, and will have to commute to the city and studios from time to time, so nothing super far out into the burbs. Hubbie works from home, so he just wants a pretty area.

I think it might be too early to meet with a realtor yet, so this will just be us.

Old 07-14-2015, 07:52 PM

2,530 posts, read 4,773,938 times
I second Heirloom BBQ

What activities do you typically enjoy - hiking, running, bowling etc.

Old 07-15-2015, 04:08 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,786,194 times
You into bars or nightclubs?

Old 07-16-2015, 09:08 PM

We're into bars, yes. We love restaurants, too. We love movies and theater as well!

I've read how the industry is exploding down there, and I'm so excited to move down and start meeting casting directors, etc.

Old 07-16-2015, 09:45 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,984,317 times
We moved to roswell just recently.
I have discovered historic roswell and marietta square.
Both offer a variety of things to see eat and live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta