Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2018, 10:42 AM

5,242 posts, read 6,238,885 times

Advertisements

I would be much less opposed to it if they used that. But they won't.

For some reason, I am imagining a bight red circular logo with the letters ATL in at, a la NYC's MTA logo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2018, 01:04 PM

296 posts, read 220,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardRoost View Post
I'm still holding out hope for a street car extension to parallel the Beltline on the eastside, but it doesn't seem possible. You never know. Ugh, when you look at Google Maps and see the old railroads that will become the beltline I see a perfect opportunity for a nice streetcar that would wrap down around the south to the westside of Atlanta. Fingers crossed.
Well, you're in luck. The exact plan that the City of Atlanta had originally approved for the streetcar system does just that. Unfortunately, there are some who want to push back against putting transit on the Beltline even though that was nearly the entire point of the Beltline's creation. But I do think the voters overwhelmingly support the original plan, and so the pushback will not succeed.

https://beltline.org/about/resources...r-system-plan/

Old 04-16-2018, 01:19 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,694,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
If they brought the Gold line to Gwinnett Place, the Red line to Roswell, and had a new line to Marietta (using the original NW provision after Arts Center), boy that would really change everything. Midtown and Downtown could just go all-out Manhattan.

Or better would be, Sugarloaf, Windward, and KSU.
And an I-285 route that allows a one-seat ride from Marietta to Gwinnett Place through Perimeter, of course.

#dreamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
I have found the new logo

https://holditdownatl.com/
Now, just bear with me, but what about...

Old 04-16-2018, 02:55 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,238,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthwarden View Post

I wouldn't mind that logo. But, my money is on there being zero reference to MARTA in the ATL logo

Old 04-16-2018, 06:52 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,157,618 times
Quote:
And an I-285 route that allows a one-seat ride from Marietta to Gwinnett Place through Perimeter, of course.

#dreamin

Oh god no. It's not bad enough that they had to give the future regional transit system the most gimmicky name possible. But we can't even get rid of the tacky '70s logo?

At least the streetcar has a decent logo.

Old 04-17-2018, 01:25 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,694,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post
Oh god no. It's not bad enough that they had to give the future regional transit system the most gimmicky name possible. But we can't even get rid of the tacky '70s logo?

At least the streetcar has a decent logo.
Hey, what about those of us who genuinely like the 70's style tri-color and font combo? It's pretty unique compared to other agencies in the country, at least.

Old 04-17-2018, 01:47 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,866,786 times
Quote:
Hey, what about those of us who genuinely like the 70's style tri-color and font combo? It's pretty unique compared to other agencies in the country, at least.
I love it!

Old 04-17-2018, 02:00 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,262,857 times
I like the MARTA logo, too. I like the colors and I really like the font and styling. Always have. It's a classic.

But, it's not going away, since MARTA is not going away. It will probably be relegated to the background somewhat, but we don't know yet if so, or to what degree. This re-branding stuff could go either way, we just don't know yet.

And regardless, the regional transit system, the actual transit itself, is so much more important than names, logos, and colors. Let's not miss the entire point, here, people.

And yes, as tiki said, there is pretty much a 0% chance that the ATL logo and styling will bear any resemblance to the MARTA logo or colors or styling. Since that is basically the whole point.

Hopefully the colors they do go with for the ATL branding, will be tasteful, simple, and will match with and not clash with the MARTA tri-colors. Like a midnight blue would be nice.

Old 04-18-2018, 01:06 AM

2,197 posts, read 2,261,100 times
The "ATL" brand is nothing more than a paean to silly people from the suburbs. No serious person will ever say the name out loud much less give a **** what the logo looks like. MARTA will always be MARTA except for the handful of racist suburbanites who fall for the change in marketing.

Old 04-18-2018, 02:25 AM

11,804 posts, read 8,012,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetar View Post
The "ATL" brand is nothing more than a paean to silly people from the suburbs. No serious person will ever say the name out loud much less give a **** what the logo looks like. MARTA will always be MARTA except for the handful of racist suburbanites who fall for the change in marketing.
I still hate the name ATL, I personally rather it be MARTA and I'm from the suburbs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta