Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2017, 01:18 PM

2,074 posts, read 1,352,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovenyc View Post
Personally as a black man I realize that a black mayor means nothing, real power is in who controls the money (banks) and who owns the land. Political figureheads without equity is just a farce. I could care less about the ethnicity of Atlanta's next mayor, as long as they are committed to continued growth and serving "all" the people of the city.

FWIW...I would like to say going back 240 years black folks have also proven that we will vote for, endorse and elect white candidates but then I remembered we weren't given the right to vote until 50 years ago...nevermind.

The facts of the last 50 years don't show that. Other than Sam Massell and since his time as Mayor in Atlanta other than token appointments there have been no white people in positions of power until recently when Mayor Kasim Reed appointed a white female Police Chief. White people have not been involved in positions of power to hold anyone back in this city for decades. That not only goes for the city government but for the schools as well. The biggest threat to black people in this country is not white people, police officers, or "bankers". The biggest threat to Black people is other black people. How do we know this? Look at the statistics for Black on Black crime. Look at the statistics for Black on White crime. The city has been nothing but black for going on 44 years now yet there is still blame being passed around.

The point of my post was that yes, the most qualified candidate regardless of their race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation should win. If you go by what was being discussed at that meeting it isn't going to happen and that is not the fault of white people in Atlanta. White people in Atlanta have proven for over 40 years they are not scared to support and vote for black candidates. The reverse can't be said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2017, 01:19 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,856,240 times
Quote:
The facts of the last 50 years don't show that. Other than Sam Massell and since his time as Mayor in Atlanta other than token appointments there have been no white people in positions of power until recently when Mayor Kasim Reed appointed a white female Police Chief.
Peter Amen was the COO under Reed's 1st term.

Old 09-07-2017, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Peter Amen was the COO under Reed's 1st term.
Token appointment. You don't see Reed backing him now do you? Why not? He was good enough to be his COO right?

Old 09-07-2017, 01:30 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,099,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldm View Post
Killa Mike was a dumb ass mainly focusing on race and not other important **** like the religious bill, transportation, Keith Parker leaving, Beltline, etc
beside gentrification, profiling, education, income equality and etc are important issues

ONE Musicfest

Killer Mike Moderates ONE Musicfest Forum for Atlanta Mayoral Candidates

The event was a forum for a urban music festival which tends to focus on black culture. And because it was a music festival I wouldn't expect it into go that much in dept over transportation , beltline and etc.

"Mary Norwood...............she kept mentioning that she wanted to make sure everyone in Atlanta has fun. It was weird."

No it wasn't the fourm was brought by a music festival.

http://d1marr3m5x4iac.cloudfront.net...icfest-89.jpeg

http://www.love-atl.com/wp-content/u...st-Atlanta.png
again he went to a forum that focus on issues concerning the black community............. then became shock that is on the black community.

http://onemusicfest.com/blog/wp-cont...9-1024x683.jpg

Last edited by chiatldal; 09-07-2017 at 01:54 PM..

Old 09-07-2017, 01:44 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,099,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
A better question is what have the black mayors of the city done the last 43 some odd years for black citizens? Reading your post you would think Atlanta is Apartheid South Africa. Why didn't the black mayors fix the issues in the black community that you are talking about? Your post makes no sense and is trying to blame a system that white people haven't been involved in for almost 5 decades. For decades Atlanta has had black people in charge but you are saying white people are the cause of blacks having income inequality in Atlanta?
I'm going to be straight honest your post is stupid racist and you pretty much ignore my post, which not surprising I'm pretty much think of you as a white nationalist. and I knew his post was going bring comments like this from you out the wood work..

I didn't say one dang word about blaming white, in fact in the post second paragraph I said "Speaking on black issues, This doesn't mean they would be again't a white candidate if that candidate help with issues facing the the black community," I didn't say a dang word about Atlanta black mayor, Atlanta white mayors, who does a better and or does a bad job.....

I literally did not say remotely in anything in your post. I only mention issues in the black community and your racist mind automatic jump to thinking I was blaming whites, and thought I don't hold blacks accountable as well. cause that's what racist like you do.

My world view there there is a minority of racist in the country causing problems here and there, most Americans black, white Asian and etc Americans are not are not racist. Anyone that generalize another demographic by race as mostly is racist for making that hasty generalization. Your aware if a black person thinks most white people are racist is racist... the error come you think most black people are racist..... which is racist.

Last edited by chiatldal; 09-07-2017 at 01:57 PM..

Old 09-07-2017, 01:46 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,640,238 times
Quote:
The facts of the last 50 years don't show that. Other than Sam Massell and since his time as Mayor in Atlanta other than token appointments there have been no white people in positions of power until recently when Mayor Kasim Reed appointed a white female Police Chief. White people have not been involved in positions of power to hold anyone back in this city for decades. That not only goes for the city government but for the schools as well. The biggest threat to black people in this country is not white people, police officers, or "bankers". The biggest threat to Black people is other black people. How do we know this? Look at the statistics for Black on Black crime. Look at the statistics for Black on White crime. The city has been nothing but black for going on 44 years now yet there is still blame being passed around.

The point of my post was that yes, the most qualified candidate regardless of their race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation should win. If you go by what was being discussed at that meeting it isn't going to happen and that is not the fault of white people in Atlanta. White people in Atlanta have proven for over 40 years they are not scared to support and vote for black candidates. The reverse can't be said.
Have you ever looked at the stats for White on White crime in America? 84% of white people murdered, are murdered by white people...those are some pretty scary numbers (black on black 92% ).

Where did I say bankers, police officers and all white people are threats to black people? I just pointed out where the true power is, and trust me the positions of power you mentioned are not in the city government.

Keep on grinding that ax, and thank you for helping to Make America Great Again one angry rant at a time.

Old 09-07-2017, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
I'm going to be straight honest your post is straight stupid racist and pretty much ignore my post, which not surprising I'm pretty much think of you as a white nationalist. and I knew his post was going bring comments like this from you out the wood work..

I didn't say one dang word about blaming white, in fact in the post second paragraph I said "Speaking on black issues, This doesn't mean they would be again't a white candidate if that candidate help with issues facing the the black community," I didn't say a dang word about Atlanta black mayor, Atlanta white mayors, who does a better and or does a bad job.....

I literally did not say remotely in anything in your post. I only mention issues in the black community and your racist mind automatic jump to thinking I was blaming whites, and thought I don't hold blacks accountable as well. cause that's what racist like you do.

My world word view there there is minority of racist in the country causing problems here in there, most Americans black, white Asian and etc Americans are not are not racist. Anyone that generalize another demographic by race as mostly is racist for making that hasty generalization. Your aware if a black person thinks most white people are racist is racist... the error come you think most black people are racist..... which is racist.

The issues of the black community are not the fault of white people. You made some very ridiculous and ignorant statements. It isn't about who does a better job as you put it that statement alone is a bigoted assumption on your part. The issue is the best candidate should win regardless of the color, gender, sexual orientation, etc and what that event showed us with attitudes that were on display that is not going to happen because we have people who refuse to let go. That is very bigoted and racist. Not one concern brought up about Asian or Hispanic people in Atlanta? Black people while the majority are not the only minority in the city. Your posts are incoherent and calling me a white nationalist for giving you some statistics and facts isn't gong to do you any favors.

Old 09-07-2017, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovenyc View Post
Have you ever looked at the stats for White on White crime in America? 84% of white people murdered, are murdered by white people...those are some pretty scary numbers (black on black 92% ).

Where did I say bankers, police officers and all white people are threats to black people? I just pointed out where the true power is, and trust me the positions of power you mentioned are not in the city government.

Keep on grinding that ax, and thank you for helping to Make America Great Again one angry rant at a time.

Yes I have looked at statistics which is why I posted them. The biggest threat to black people in this country is other black people. It is hard to take posts like yours seriously when you try and ignore the black power structure of the city for the last 44 years and act like it doesn't exist and blame something as silly as "bankers". Here is more food for thought look up the statistics for:

Black on white crime

Black on Asian crime

Black on Hispanic crime

then go and look up the reverse of those. If that isn't a sobering eye opener I don't know what is.

Old 09-07-2017, 02:10 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,856,240 times
Quote:
The issues of the black community are not the fault of white people. You made some very ridiculous and ignorant statements. It isn't about who does a better job as you put it that statement alone is a bigoted assumption on your part. The issue is the best candidate should win regardless of the color, gender, sexual orientation, etc and what that event showed us with attitudes that were on display that is not going to happen because we have people who refuse to let go. That is very bigoted and racist. Not one concern brought up about Asian or Hispanic people in Atlanta? Black people while the majority are not the only minority in the city. Your posts are incoherent and calling me a white nationalist for giving you some statistics and facts isn't gong to do you any favors.
It has everything to do with hundreds of years of slavery, Jim Crow Laws, segregation, redlining, etc.

Old 09-07-2017, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
It has everything to do with hundreds of years of slavery, Jim Crow Laws, segregation, redlining, etc.

No it doesn't. The statistics don't support that. Also, to ignore other minority groups as if they don't exist is very selfish and vile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta