Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2018, 04:18 PM

2 posts, read 1,131 times

Advertisements

I am considering purchasing a townhome instead of renewing my lease here in Cobb Co. I have been searching everywhere for something within my budget 260s or less and that is almost non existent in Cobb. I found these new townhomes they are building just off Sandtown Rd close to Fair Oaks but the areas looks a little sketch. If someone could shed some light on this area that would be greatly appreciated. I do not want to make a purchase and end up being the only one in the neighborhood because of the location!! Any feedback would be greatly appreciated and please feel free to suggest some areas that might fit my target price. All I know is Cobb Co but I am open to other areas. I am single with zero kids, I work downtown ATL and like to be close to retail stores and different restaurants!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2018, 06:23 PM

1,329 posts, read 1,315,298 times
I am not sure to which townhouse development you are referring, but looking at satellite view of Google Maps, I see some land cleared at Sandtown and Osborne Roads, and that spot seems to generally meet your description.

The trouble with that site is that it's pretty close to and more or less in line with the Dobbins runaway, so noise is likely always going to be something of an issue there, and that may make it more difficult to get that area to turn the corner and become less "sketch," as you say.

I don't know much about the Sandtown Road area, honestly, but it probably wouldn't be my first choice.

What about a condo in or around Vinings? You can still find some within your budget, and you'd be closer to the city and to some decent restaurants and shops and in Vinings and Smyrna. Here's one, for instance.

https://www.redfin.com/GA/Atlanta/41...m_content=link

Old 04-23-2018, 07:14 PM

2 posts, read 1,131 times
Thank you for your response! I'm sure that is the same area bc it is right behind Dobbins. I have started looking into condos but I was really trying to avoid those expensive condo fees!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta