Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 09:13 PM

70 posts, read 293,968 times

Advertisements

Hey guys. I'm in Atlanta for a few days. Looking for some entertainment for Sunday night. Can anyone recommend a hot spot for me and my significant other?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2008, 09:50 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,889,276 times
What type of "hot spot"?

People down here typically refer to their spouses as a wife or husband, or a boyfriend or girlfriend. Many times "significant other" refers to a same-sex partner. So, a "hot spot" for a husband/wife may not be the same as one for a male couple or female couple, or for that matter a young male/female couple. Likewise, a white suburban couple might not have the same type of fun at an intown hiphop club that another couple might, etc etc.

It's best to go into more detail about your age group, what type of couple you are and what you consider a "fun" night out so people can better suggest venues to you.

Old 03-28-2008, 10:14 PM

70 posts, read 293,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
What type of "hot spot"?

People down here typically refer to their spouses as a wife or husband, or a boyfriend or girlfriend. Many times "significant other" refers to a same-sex partner. So, a "hot spot" for a husband/wife may not be the same as one for a male couple or female couple, or for that matter a young male/female couple. Likewise, a white suburban couple might not have the same type of fun at an intown hiphop club that another couple might, etc etc.

It's best to go into more detail about your age group, what type of couple you are and what you consider a "fun" night out so people can better suggest venues to you.
Okay, okay, okay atlantagreg. I'm a 25 year-old, heterosexual, African American female. I'm not really looking for a "hip-hop club" nor am I looking to attend an opera. I guess I'm just looking to go somewhere safe with a mixed crowd where we can chill and maybe have a drink. Club, restaurant, etc. Any suggestions?

Old 03-29-2008, 05:43 AM

1,517 posts, read 6,740,176 times
Drinks at Lobby at 12 in Atlantic Station.

Old 03-29-2008, 07:12 AM

162 posts, read 683,814 times
If you will be in town I'd say just hang out at Atlantic Station, you can catch a movie, have dinner, drinks and shop all in walking distance.

Old 03-29-2008, 07:28 AM

2,642 posts, read 8,261,490 times
If you're looking for a really groovy, edgy time go to Cabbagetown, eat at Agave, and then walk up the street to some of the bars.

Old 03-29-2008, 08:03 AM

23,466 posts, read 44,100,317 times
Walk the streets of Virginia Highland, Little Five Points, East Atlanta Village...you'll get up to something.

Old 03-29-2008, 08:55 AM

162 posts, read 683,814 times
I was watching G. Garvin on TVOne this morning and he went to 2 nice places, one was a restaurant called Endenu. It is near the GA aquarium and they have great looking food, drinks, outdoor patio, art work display and live music. I haven't been there but I'd definately try it out. Go to city search for reviews. The other was a place called Shout. Good luck and enjoy your visit.

Old 03-29-2008, 11:27 AM

Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
987 posts, read 3,912,112 times
Check out Apres Diem in Midtown near Piedmont Park Diem Industries. Make sure to get a seat on one of the comfy couches order up from a great drink food & drink menu and listen to a chill out DJ every Sunday. Highly recommended!

Old 03-29-2008, 08:35 PM

88 posts, read 413,425 times
Oh yeah Apres Diem was one of my favs when i lived there. People watching was fun and the dried fruit salad was great! Is Atlanta still (semi) dry on Sundays? Meaning no liquor stores open, can't buy wine, beer, booze at any stores except restaurants? If it is...unbelievable!
Little_Nell
22 years at Turner Broadcasting...a while back
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: