Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2020, 12:00 PM

5,621 posts, read 5,935,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Yea, I'm kind of surprised Alpharetta would shoot this down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
I haven’t seen a place yet that hasn’t required a mask upon entry. Compliance might not be universal but it’s high.
Yea I was just at the Container Store and they require it and pretty much everyone was wearing one. There's been plenty of people wearing masks regardless even before places like Publix required them.

Huge difference in the country. Went to Dollar General which "requires" masks for entry. Maybe 50% of people did compared to 80-90% it seems like in Alpharetta stores.

Old 08-27-2020, 07:13 AM

347 posts, read 380,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedimenjerry View Post
Yea I was just at the Container Store and they require it and pretty much everyone was wearing one. There's been plenty of people wearing masks regardless even before places like Publix required them.

Huge difference in the country. Went to Dollar General which "requires" masks for entry. Maybe 50% of people did compared to 80-90% it seems like in Alpharetta stores.

Similar instance of it you go to a Publix vs an ALDI, and dependent on the area too.

Old 08-27-2020, 10:22 AM

1,917 posts, read 1,278,514 times
Quote:
Yea, I'm kind of surprised Alpharetta would shoot this down.
Alpharetta is heavily populated with a certain type/group of people.

Old 08-27-2020, 11:33 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,248,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
Please feel free to elaborate who these “people” are.

Old 08-27-2020, 12:46 PM

3,715 posts, read 3,701,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
I don't think it's any secret..... let's not beat around the bush here. Our country is split right now, in general suburbs skew conservative which tend to either be against masks as a savior, or against being MANDATED to wear them, and inner cities tend to skew liberal which tend to place special emphasis on masks.

So I'm not surprised at all that a suburb would choose to not mandate masks. That goes for Alpharetta and a majority of burbs.

Depending on which camp you fall into, you're either going to love it or hate it, and there is a sizeable amount in each camp.

Old 08-27-2020, 01:47 PM

32,026 posts, read 36,788,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citykid3785 View Post
I don't think it's any secret..... let's not beat around the bush here. Our country is split right now, in general suburbs skew conservative which tend to either be against masks as a savior, or against being MANDATED to wear them, and inner cities tend to skew liberal which tend to place special emphasis on masks.

So I'm not surprised at all that a suburb would choose to not mandate masks. That goes for Alpharetta and a majority of burbs.

Depending on which camp you fall into, you're either going to love it or hate it, and there is a sizeable amount in each camp.
Folks in the suburbs tend to have more ER. If you're not crammed in like sardines you've got a better chance of not expelling droplets in other people's space. Just give everybody a wide berth and avoid things like singing, hollering and loud laughter.

Old 08-27-2020, 01:53 PM

11,804 posts, read 8,012,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citykid3785 View Post

This is true but I suppose I was kind of expecting differently from Alpharetta since it’s a highend suburb with a highly affluent population which is growing more diverse and it’s also within Fulton CO.

Old 08-27-2020, 02:57 PM

5,621 posts, read 5,935,590 times
Quote:
This is true but I suppose I was kind of expecting differently from Alpharetta since it’s a highend suburb with a highly affluent population which is growing more diverse and it’s also within Fulton CO.
Yea and like I said, pretty much everywhere I go it seems the majority of people are wearing masks. It's the complete opposite from my experiences in rural Franklin or Hart counties where maybe 50%, if that, are wearing masks. Wearing masks doesn't seem to be so hot an issue in Alpharetta. The people actually going out are seemingly onboard, so I am a little surprised the city gov would say no.

Old 08-27-2020, 05:35 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,248,009 times
Quote:
I was going to reply earlier but this comment pretty well matched mine. If there is any lack of compliance it's with the 18-25 crowd and not the area or their politics.

Old 08-27-2020, 06:14 PM

3,715 posts, read 3,701,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedimenjerry View Post
Yea and like I said, pretty much everywhere I go it seems the majority of people are wearing masks. It's the complete opposite from my experiences in rural Franklin or Hart counties where maybe 50%, if that, are wearing masks. Wearing masks doesn't seem to be so hot an issue in Alpharetta. The people actually going out are seemingly onboard, so I am a little surprised the city gov would say no.
They only said no to a mandate....not no to masks altogether
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta