Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2020, 10:59 AM

1,180 posts, read 983,992 times

Advertisements

Another attraction for the city and state.

Quote:
The GRAMMY Museum Foundation has approved an agreement with Georgia Music Accord to build and operate a GRAMMY Museum experience in Atlanta and implement educational programs across the state.

Brad Olecki, CEO of Georgia Music Accord, confirmed the agreement before Monday’s meeting of the Rotary Club of Atlanta when Chris “Ludacris” Bridges discussed Georgia’s music industry with Shan Cooper, executive director of the Atlanta Committee for Progress.

Bridges serves as co-chair of Georgia Music Accord along with Greenberg Traurig entertainment attorney Joel Katz. Cooper is on the board of the Georgia Music Accord.

The agreement follows more than a year of exploring the opportunity to build a GRAMMY Museum in Fulton County and how best to leverage educational programs for the benefit of the entire state.

A “site agnostic” conceptual drawing of a possible GRAMMY Museum in Atlanta (Special: Georgia Music Accord)

Michael Sticka, president of the Los Angeles-based GRAMMY Museum and the GRAMMY Museum Foundation, wrote in an email why his organization is expanding in Georgia..

“Atlanta and Georgia have a deep and rich musical heritage, so it only makes sense that we explore a deeper relationship with our partners at Georgia Music Accord,” Sticka said. “A partnership that is based on music and one that will help us to expand our educational mission and ability to celebrate music with students and the broader community in Atlanta, Fulton County and the state of Georgia.”

That will lead to having “partners and the ground” to deliver educational content.
https://saportareport.com/breaking-n...grammy-museum/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2020, 11:55 AM

240 posts, read 129,786 times
I can understand it in Nashville but can't see anything like this ever being built in Georgia.

Old 08-31-2020, 12:05 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,928,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NashvilleIsLife View Post
I can understand it in Nashville but can't see anything like this ever being built in Georgia.
Why not?

Old 08-31-2020, 12:08 PM

3,406 posts, read 1,903,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Scientist View Post
Another attraction for the city and state.

https://saportareport.com/breaking-n...grammy-museum/
He left out that Hotlanta is a mecca for blacks, especially black entertainers. Good choice!

Old 08-31-2020, 12:10 PM

1,180 posts, read 983,992 times
Quote:
It makes perfect sense since Atlanta and Georgia have a storied music history. Atlanta can also get the tourists as well.

Old 08-31-2020, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Why not?
Nashville is the music city capital of the world with tons of artists, and concerts frequently there. I know Atlanta has some of that hip hop and what not, but I don't think it can really be considered a music capital worthy of a Grammy museum. Besides Nashville I would say Los Angeles, New Orleans, Chicago, New York, Detroit Memphis are all bigger music capitals than Atlanta even if some of them are historic music capitals.

Old 08-31-2020, 01:09 PM

16,696 posts, read 29,515,591 times
Quote:
Nashville is the music city capital of the world with tons of artists, and concerts frequently there. I know Atlanta has some of that hip hop and what not, but I don't think it can really be considered a music capital worthy of a Grammy museum. Besides Nashville I would say Los Angeles, New Orleans, Chicago, New York, Detroit Memphis are all bigger music capitals than Atlanta even if some of them are historic music capitals.

Uh, false. Majorly.

Atlanta is the "Milan" of TV/Film/Music - after Los Angeles and New York.

Last edited by aries4118; 08-31-2020 at 01:21 PM..

Old 08-31-2020, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Uh, false. Majorly.
What did I say that was actually false?

Old 08-31-2020, 01:25 PM

16,696 posts, read 29,515,591 times
Quote:
What did I say that was actually false?

Um...

Quote:
... I know Atlanta has some of that hip hop and what not, but I don't think it can really be considered a music capital worthy of a Grammy museum. Besides Nashville I would say Los Angeles, New Orleans, Chicago, New York, Detroit Memphis are all bigger music capitals than Atlanta even if some of them are historic music capitals.

Old 08-31-2020, 01:36 PM

11,790 posts, read 8,002,955 times
Atlanta does offer a lot in the cultural arts department as to make it worthy of considering for the site. Nashville strikes quite hard in the music department, maybe more or maybe less than Atlanta, but Atlanta is definitely not lacking in entities to attract such a museum. I personally am not a huge fan for hip hop, and maybe hip hop is or isn’t what is drawing them in, but outside of that they do have a strong collaboration of museums in the metro, maybe not as music orientated but there is enough atmosphere in the metro for it to flourish without question. Atlanta is also in a stronger trajectory for tourism as well given it’s location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta