Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 08:28 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,485,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampgrrl View Post
Well to defend the flaggots...other people in this country look at the south like it is full of inbred, pig farming mud eating, cousin f***ing plantation owners who sit on the porch all day, hate black people in between our sipping a mint julep.

Get a life, both sides.

People shouldn't come to the south and start with the holier than thou crap, and people who can't get over 1865 and have Forgit, Hell bumperstickers on their trucks need to throw themselves off a cliff.

Do you want to make your world, state, region, town or nation a better place now? Then do something about it today.
Bravo.

If we run out of water or other catastrophic events must be managed none of this will amount to much.

A 'while' back several Asian immigrants devised a plan to capture an international fugitive who had killed his girlfriend and abandoned his child. They couldn't speak enough English to communicate with law enforcement. They turned their reward money over to the mother. Someone wanted to give them another reward.
'Pumpkin's' fugitive father caught in U.S. - CNN.com

Old 05-07-2008, 08:32 AM

2,047 posts, read 4,619,925 times
Vampgrrrl, I'm from Alabama. I doubt Georgia is all that much different. Even in 'progressive' Atlanta. I've worked social services in both states, and I've seen these people up close and personal.

And one more time, I have no problem with people doing history re-enactments, but I know for a fact that plenty of the folks flying that flag ARE neos. I've had more than one encounter with them. Unless the person is actually IN the uniform at the time, it's damned near impossible to tell the difference. Call me paranoid, but I have no desire to move into a neighborhood where folks are flying that flag. They could be perfectly harmless history nerds. Or they could be foaming at the mouth neo-Nazis. From a distance it's impossible to tell the difference and since it's my family's LIFE that's on the line, forgive me a bit of paranoia.

Old 05-07-2008, 08:37 AM

2,642 posts, read 8,260,185 times
I propose THIS flag!

Old 05-07-2008, 08:38 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,883,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoslynHolcomb View Post
Vampgrrrl, I'm from Alabama. I doubt Georgia is all that much different.

I've spent time in Alabama - trust me, it IS different. You'll like it better here.

Old 05-07-2008, 08:39 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,883,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plessthanpointohfive View Post
I propose THIS flag!

LOL - LOVE IT!

Though I doubt the REST of Georgia would. LOL. Maybe put little images of Savannah and some Vidalia onions on it somewhere.

Old 05-07-2008, 08:40 AM

595 posts, read 2,344,092 times
Atlanta is quite a bit different than Alabama.

Atlanta is barely southern as it is, hell I live in one of the most southern cities now I have ever seen, New Orleans. And even here if one had a problem with people who were not white, they wouldn't live here. Same for Atlanta.

Well that's fine I suppose if you want to feel that way. I tend to tense up when I see a young black male on the street near me because they (here in New Orleans) are a big part in the ongoing crime wave. But I have never ever ever encountered someone who would take physical action to intimidate or threaten or attack someone because they were not white. At best (or worst) you get a wink wink nudge from some elitist who wouldn't fly the Confederate flag anyhow. As a matter of a fact most people like that are from up north who move down south.

I own a Confederate Battle flag myself, although I cannot tell you were it is. I got it years and years ago when I was doing the history nerd/geek thing, and I don't see it as if it were a Nazi symbol because it isn't but I wouldn't hang it outside my home either. It would be a bit tacky, accomplish nothing and might get my house burned down.

Old 05-07-2008, 08:44 AM

2,047 posts, read 4,619,925 times
Quote:
But I have never ever ever encountered someone who would take physical action to intimidate or threaten or attack someone because they were not white.
I wish I could say that.

Old 05-07-2008, 08:45 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,485,663 times
That's true, too, Roslyn.

In fact 4/5 years ago I vaguely recall an incident in your new neighborhood. That may be incorrect--so much has transpired I can no longer keep up. The incident was abhorrent to the community and the response was swift and certain.

Old 05-07-2008, 08:51 AM

2,642 posts, read 8,260,185 times
How about this one??

Old 05-07-2008, 08:53 AM

595 posts, read 2,344,092 times
You need rainbow stripes in there somewhere. Remember the gay community is fixing Atlanta one fabulous house at a time. They need big respect too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta