Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2023, 05:44 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,816,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancuriosity View Post
Businesses often look at the impact of staff on corporate office relocations. Another section of the article says: "Oconee Enterprise editor and publisher Michael Prochaska is reporting that the company has been offering severance packages to corporate employees in Oconee County throughout 2022 and in the first few months of 2023." Based on this, they have already taken the impact on personnel into consideration.
Yeah but that would be for commutes from Athens, not where they expect employees to live in Atlanta based on what they pay them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2023, 05:52 PM

37,882 posts, read 41,956,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
The traffic will be fine for the board members that made this decision, who can all afford living in Sandy Springs, Buckhead, Druid Hills, Alpharetta etc. they don’t care about the commutes of their lower ranking staff coming in from other parts of Atlanta. If they did they’d pick a more centralized location accessible to the middle and lower class neighborhoods.
These are corporate offices we're talking about here, not a new drive-thru lol. I'm pretty sure the bulk of their employees are identical to the educated white-collar professionals who already live within reasonable commuting distance to Perimeter. They targeted that area for their new offices primarily because that's already where peer companies like Inspire Brands and Focus Brands are located. To assume that these companies don't do their homework when it comes to pulling up stakes and executing relocations is somewhat puzzling.

Old 04-21-2023, 02:40 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,747,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Customer service is on the skids everywhere...except Chick-Fil-A.
I don't go to Chick-Fil-A nearly as often as I used to because their stupid drive-thru setup with two lanes around half the building creates traffic jams on the nearby access roads and also makes it a pain in the ass to park.

Old 04-21-2023, 06:10 AM

6,721 posts, read 6,482,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craziaskowboi View Post
Zaxby's is another fast-food corporation that doesn't seem to give a rat's ass about dine-in or walk-in customers anymore.
Ate at Zaxby's in Canton yesterday. Was surpised how pleasant the staff was and the kickin' chicken was awesome.

Quote:
I don't go to Chick-Fil-A nearly as often as I used to because their stupid drive-thru setup with two lanes around half the building creates traffic jams on the nearby access roads and also makes it a pain in the ass to park.
Funny you mention that because my first choice was Chick-Fil-A, but it was around lunchtime and it looked like half the county was there so I went across the street to Zaxby's. Amazing how much business that place does!

Old 05-20-2023, 04:50 AM

3,573 posts, read 5,309,880 times
Quote:
Zaxby's is another fast-food corporation that doesn't seem to give a rat's ass about dine-in or walk-in customers anymore.

Yeah, I have to say that customer service in terms of quality, is definitely on a downward trend in general, not just with Zaxby's.

Old 05-20-2023, 07:31 AM

2,412 posts, read 2,786,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
Yeah, I have to say that customer service in terms of quality, is definitely on a downward trend in general, not just with Zaxby's.
Zaxby’s has always been a mixed bag. Some great service, some much less so (the Zaxby’s at North Dekalb Mall has worked its way back up to average). I know I am asking to be made fun of here--but,the decline in experience at the Chik-filet in down-town Decatur is a little sad. It's not like it is even bad, but its just not as neat or clean--and the feel is more like cattle being fed. I know it seems silly to talk about what is *supposed* to be cheap eats as an experience--but it is--some places you are being constantly being reminded that you are doing something on the cheap, and others try to make you forget. You can still get the positive experience at the Chik-filet on Scott.

Old 05-20-2023, 12:20 PM

32,026 posts, read 36,788,671 times
Smart move.

Old 05-21-2023, 11:12 AM

5,621 posts, read 5,935,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeoff View Post
Zaxby’s has always been a mixed bag. Some great service, some much less so (the Zaxby’s at North Dekalb Mall has worked its way back up to average). I know I am asking to be made fun of here--but,the decline in experience at the Chik-filet in down-town Decatur is a little sad. It's not like it is even bad, but its just not as neat or clean--and the feel is more like cattle being fed. I know it seems silly to talk about what is *supposed* to be cheap eats as an experience--but it is--some places you are being constantly being reminded that you are doing something on the cheap, and others try to make you forget. You can still get the positive experience at the Chik-filet on Scott.
Completely agree with the bolded. I've been to some that are very high quality. Food and customer service with a very clean interior. And then others I wonder how they stay in business. Or one day it's good food and then the same place a week later can serve up stale fries and very little seasoning. That's one thing I have liked about Cane's - I've always gotten the same food no matter which location I've gone to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta