Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 07:09 PM

171 posts, read 663,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
That's like saying that all you have to do is watch a couple rap videos to see that blacks think about nothing but pimpin' their hos and wearing gold on their necks, hands and teeth. That's about the most ridiculous statement I've seen in a while
Here's a lollipop! Besides all the ho's in rap videos they're pimping ain't all black, some White, and other ethnicities.

Last edited by Pcola110; 07-31-2008 at 07:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 11:48 PM

1 posts, read 4,003 times
LOL!! I loved loved loved all these posts!! I saw the preview on Bravo of the Atlanta show and was all at once proud and appalled. I too would have loved to see some of the old money wealth of Atlanta, instead of the nouveau riche from other parts of the country. I'm now wondering if Big Papa is Ted Turner, who else could get his girlfriend in studio with Dallas Austin to record a country record LOL!!! I'm thinking she is a little too old to be breaking into the recording industry these days. Faith Hill, she is not. I love seeing the houses and how they are decorated and embellished with all the interesting things like bowling alleys! Really? Do you really need a bowling alley inside your house?? While I appreciate the diversity on the show, it would have been nice to see women who actually worked to build their wealth, instead of showing women who for the most part live off of their husband's wealth. Don't get me wrong a few of these ladies do work hard for their own benefit, but are very overshadowed by the few gold diggers that are shown on this show. I'm not sure even one of these ladies was even born in Georgia. They definitely will not be shown mixing with the old money wealth of Buckhead. Bravo probably would not have been able to get any of those people anyways.

Old 08-02-2008, 01:06 AM

3 posts, read 8,269 times
I think this season will be entertaining to say the least. I highly doubt that "old money families" would go on any reality television show, because they do not believe in flaunting wealth, thus networks having to use "new money individuals." This is purely for entertainment and should be taken as such. However, some of the preview clips of the show bothered me a little, i.e. Mr. Snow should keep tabs on his wife before she spends all of his money. Then again, he may have side ventures that can assure his family will always be taken care of, but I always say better to be safe than sorry.

Old 08-04-2008, 12:34 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,147,800 times
Yeah funny how these newly rich ladies get such attitude -- the one getting divorce was talking about how succesful and intimidating she is -- well I guess she was succesful in getting a temporarily rich husband. I'd like to see how many of these ladies are living in studio apartments in 10 - 20 years.

I had a feeling the prospective house manager was biting her tongue working for such illiterates!

That blonde is just gross! Oh, this is so much fun, that's why we watch!

Old 08-04-2008, 06:02 PM

193 posts, read 692,847 times
These women will be in a crack house, prison, or morgue within 5 years. Mark my words.

Old 08-05-2008, 03:59 PM

77 posts, read 311,018 times
Yeah funny how these newly rich ladies get such attitude -- the one getting divorce was talking about how succesful and intimidating she is -- well I guess she was succesful in getting a temporarily rich husband.

This is exactly what I threw a fit to my husband about. Successful at what exactly? She does NOTHING lol!

Old 08-05-2008, 05:23 PM

3,247 posts, read 9,047,815 times
The show is a disgace to black women

Old 08-05-2008, 08:38 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,872,549 times
I found some video clips from the premier after googling a bit but only made it to the second gal before I had to stop due to a gag reflex.

The first woman actually seemed like she had some of a head on her shoulders, running a business of her own, though being married to a pro sports athlete she's obviously not lacking for money (and is probably the wealthiest of the bunch on that show). I have no idea who the the second woman was, but man, if I were a black woman I'd be ticked off to no end - she was like Shenaynay from the ghetto who married a rich older man. The women at work are even talking trash about her. LOL

Maybe if I take some Pepto I can watch the rest of the clip.

Old 08-06-2008, 03:05 PM

242 posts, read 841,715 times
I too saw the previews and watched in dismay, especially when they showed what would come in the next episodes - fights, bitching.... UGLY. When you compare it to the Orange county and New york ones there is definately a difference. I will watch though as I am curious and also I am new to Atlanta, I want to see how the rich and not so classy people live and what they do.

Old 08-15-2008, 08:47 AM

28 posts, read 122,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post

The first woman actually seemed like she had some of a head on her shoulders, running a business of her own, though being married to a pro sports athlete she's obviously not lacking for money (and is probably the wealthiest of the bunch on that show).
She looked like she was working hard and being productive, but I think it was all a sham. She's using her husband's money to play in the sandbox. Lisa Hartwell was filmed in an office conference room with employees, talking with client, etc., but there is no real estate agency called Hartwell & Associates with any listings or any sales. It all was fake for the cameras. Then she has this photo shoot that no doubt cost thousands with a professional photographer and I'm sure producing that jewelry line cost her husband a lot. But where can you buy it? There's no web site, no Google hits for her jewelry. Same for her baby clothing line. The only thing that comes up on her name is this show. She claims to be a writer and and actress, but again, no credits. The woman is a dilettante and a desperate fame-seeker, who apparently has a bad case of attention deficit disorder and way more money than skill.

I have more respect for the one --NeNe, I think, who just spends her husband's money outright, and doesn't make any bones about it. She has a sense of realism about things. I wish she'd quit embarrassing her husband and sons, though.

And that poor freak Kim is pathetic. She should be put out of her misery. I feel so bad for those two little girls, being exposed to pubic ridicule in this way. Their mother is nothing more than an aging prostitute. Bravo should have more decency than to show those children's faces.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta