Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 04:20 PM

12 posts, read 57,849 times

Advertisements

That's what I was thinking too figment that having a basement would be the norm in the South especially in Georgia because it seems as if they've been having some tornadoes over the past few years. I know I'll make sure to find something with a basement. Thanks so much for the tips niko especially when it comes to the job search. I guess I'll be negotiating for what I deserve or like you said just finding something and change later. All I know my mouth dropped when I saw the starting pay and talking with people who live here and have degrees..I'm like I'm really in trouble. But I'll be tightening up on my interviewing skills and I'm sure I'll find the right one for me. If you could please pm or email me that link since it seemed to be cut. So now I'll try to find a good timeline as far as finding employment...because I'm trying to move in July also so the children can be settled in for school. My oldest daughter starts high school this year and with 4 other children..taking a look at the rising college costs in Illinois. This is one move I definitely have to make.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2007, 11:05 AM

45 posts, read 165,020 times
Default Interviews

I don't know about your field but, the interview process is very different here in GA. They do this mock scenario. They read you a give you a word like PATIENCE, along with the definition, then they want you to site an example of a time of when you displayed PATIENCE on the job. I was interviewed by like 5 people at once with this rapid firing of questions. SO WEIRD! Yes, brush up on your skills.
I'm sorry, I didn't realize the link gets cut. I'm pretty new to this forum. School depending on your county starts sometime in August. My daughter was so mad her summer was shortened. She only got out end of June in NJ.
If you do Henry county, be aware that the kids get alot of time off. Something like a week off every 5-6 weeks? College is so much more affordable even without a scholarship. I'm thinking about going back myself.

Old 01-22-2007, 10:17 AM

12 posts, read 57,849 times
Thanks so much for the interviewing tips. It definitely sounds to be much different than how it's done here. And I've realized that working the last 5 years for city government has me a bit complacent and out of touch with interviewing. I have also been fortunate to find supplemental income by working at home for several different agency which I could actually turn into full-time if I find myself having difficulties finding employment in Georgia.

I did see that school starts like the first week in August for the schools in Henry County which was quite shocking since school in Illinois usually begins like the end of August well into the first week of September. So now I'm starting to feel just a tad bit mroe pressure. I was really impressed by Eagles Landing High Website and the test scores, but I want to do a bit more investigation. Although I'm not looking for the "perfect" school, I'd like it to be decent and diverse enough to a point where parental involvement which I'm big on will ensure that my children are on the right path. So what do they label this week off every 5-6 weeks....mini vacations, teacher's institute, school improvement, etc.

I definitely will take advantage of trying to complete my Bachelor's degree after I get settled in. I'm sure that would help jump my salary a bit...I've been able to use the combination of work experience and education to take care of things but as a single parent a higher income would definitely be welcomed. Thanks again for the tips...anymore send them my way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta