Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 01:38 PM

288 posts, read 959,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Should this thread be renamed "NOT GETTING ANY in Atlanta"?
Hahaha, oh man, Lovin, that is hilarious! That hit the funny spot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 02:16 PM

25 posts, read 81,106 times
Not getting any...

Yep, I looked for summer camps and... or they were too far away, or the courses were during the weekend, or they didn't have interesting things... or they were only for kids. Some of them also VERY expensive.

Well, today I talked for a while to one of the Pet Shop assistances and the one in charge of the kid's literature in B&N.

I bought some peanut treats for my pupils and some books for my ferret... or was it the other way round?

Anyway, evenings usually mean racquetball and picking up some flowers. Do you guys like Margaritas? In english it's Daisies. We go quite often to pick up some of them at Chili's!!!

Getting better, don't you think?

Have fun.

Old 07-17-2008, 08:12 PM

23,466 posts, read 44,100,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDuritz View Post
Not getting any...

Yep, I looked for summer camps and... or they were too far away, or the courses were during the weekend, or they didn't have interesting things... or they were only for kids. Some of them also VERY expensive.

Well, today I talked for a while to one of the Pet Shop assistances and the one in charge of the kid's literature in B&N.

I bought some peanut treats for my pupils and some books for my ferret... or was it the other way round?

Anyway, evenings usually mean racquetball and picking up some flowers. Do you guys like Margaritas? In english it's Daisies. We go quite often to pick up some of them at Chili's!!!

Getting better, don't you think?

Have fun.
This I didn't know...learn something new every day.
So sorry I'm married, Mr. Duritz...you sound very cute, and I'd love picking daisies with you sometime.

Old 07-17-2008, 08:27 PM

663 posts, read 1,864,291 times
If you have access to a car or can somehow find your way to any sort of college/university in the metro area (except for Georgia Tech), you can find some available young men (in which Georgia Tech is fine) or women (try Agnes Scott, Emory or Kennesaw State) depending on your preference(s).

Or even going through the Women's section of stores such as Target or an upscale department store or a Victoria's Secret can be satisfying and fruitful. That's how I pass time in Atlanta.

Just some suggestions .......

Old 07-17-2008, 09:43 PM

6,563 posts, read 12,054,379 times
I recommend going to Crescant Ave. in Midtown on a Thurs., Fri., or Sat. night.

Old 07-17-2008, 10:18 PM

1,320 posts, read 4,275,471 times
I think y'all are being very unfair to poor MrDuritz. It's tough being in a strange city all alone and this seems like a friendly board so it was not an unreasonable request to post. His posts haven't been at all suggestive or inappropriate (unlike some of the responses). People are understandably leery about the possibility of meeting a stranger from the internet and that's certainly a reason not to accommodate his request or not to respond at all, but it's not really a very good reason to be rude. It's bad enough he's probably going to leave town thinking Atlanta is boring, does he need to think it's impolite as well?

Old 07-18-2008, 12:09 PM

25 posts, read 81,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntownHomes247 View Post
does he need to think it's impolite as well?
Don't worry, I've got a great sense of humor.

Thank you.

Yesterday I went to the midtown. I saw some people playing softball (I've nefer played softball or baseball) and had some Margaritas at Zocalo's.

You see, evenings are good.

Today a couple of my brother's friends picked me up out for lunch. The bad thing is that we spoke spanish and I'd like to speak in english.

Have fun!

Old 07-18-2008, 12:53 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,889,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
you sound very cute, and I'd love picking daisies with you sometime.
Soooooooo many things start out with just picking daisies...

Old 07-18-2008, 03:10 PM

111 posts, read 532,266 times
This whole thread is hilarious!

Honestly, Craiglist would be the best way to find out what's going on in Atlanta. I'm sure he'd be able to find whatever it is he wants to keep himself busy.

Buyer Beware!

Old 07-19-2008, 11:36 PM

321 posts, read 1,119,582 times
Kudos to [IntownHomes247] for precisely indicating some of not only the ignorant responses to a guest poster in our community but a bit "mean-spirited" to obviously an individual of different culture, language and experience.

Mr. Duritz was simply implying that he feels a bit out of place, perhaps feeling a bit "displaced" from his temporary location. Metro Atlanta is by NO means a walking city nor exactly one of the most accepting nor friendly since a great deal of residents here spend most of their time ALONE in the automobiles.

We all KNOW if you do not have access to a car, you are pretty much STUCK where you are, unless you can walk to MARTA. It is also VERY warm and humid outside; something different if you are not used to it. If you do not have complete command of American English, many people here in Metro Atlanta will treat you with perhaps indifference. I know the airport is afixed with mulit-language access, however I'm unfamiliar if MARTA has been accomodated with same.

Metro Atlanta has been described as one of the "xenophobic" areas of the USA. For those not familiar with this word, here's the URL to the definition:
xenophobic - Definitions from Dictionary.com

Not only surprised but shocked at some of the responses to a foreign visitor here. I work with the travelling public both domestic/international for the past 33 years; I here this more often than not here about Metro Atlanta. NOTHING to be proud of folks...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta