Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2008, 10:59 AM

22 posts, read 75,502 times

Advertisements

I got the answer right away: insipid!

Last edited by Alphabetadada; 07-23-2008 at 11:31 AM..

Old 07-23-2008, 11:08 AM

23,464 posts, read 44,090,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphabetadada View Post
There's no right answer to this question, just opinions... And I swear to jimmney cricket I am not looking for a date... but...

What are the women like in Atlanta? Approachable? Shallow? Insipid? There's an abundance of 'em?

Feel free to comment on anything related to dating, singles scenes, neighborhoods--for instance, if I didn't already know this then it would have been useful for someone to mention that Midtown/Piedmont Park is more or less the boy's town. Not determinative of anything, but useful information. Get it?

So, if you have an opinion about women, etc, in Atlanta, I'm simply curious to hear it. The end.

And I am talking about the educated 25-35 category... so it wouldn't be terribly interesting for someone to mention that the local meth-addicts have problems with commitment.
I'm pretty sure that they are a lot like the girls in Madison...it's funny to me when these guys make these inquiries like they anticipate having to retool their personalities before they jump in the dating pool here.
It ain't all Scarlett O'Hara and Melanie Hamilton down here.
And that idea that Midtown is Boy's Town was pretty much outmoded 10 years ago...most of the 'boys' disbursed for the suburbs (and cheaper lodging), and there are not even that many gay clubs in Midtown anymore.

Old 07-23-2008, 11:19 AM

Actually, it has nothing whatsoever to do with retooling my personality so as to be more amenable to "the dating pool". Put another way, it has nothing to do with what I do or don't anticipate. As I said, I am quite literally just curious what people have to say about the topic. So, that comment and the Scarlet O'Hara comment contribute roughly nada. Thanks for being sarcastic!

And whatever about Midtown--I didn't make the comment to argue with people. It was illustrative. People I know in Atlanta, gay people, have told me it was (as I said) "more or less" the boy's town.

Last edited by Alphabetadada; 07-23-2008 at 11:29 AM..

Old 07-23-2008, 11:29 AM

23,464 posts, read 44,090,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphabetadada View Post
Actually, it has nothing whatsoever to do with retooling my personality so as to be more amenable to "the dating pool". Nothing. As I said, I am quite literally just curious what people have to say about the topic. So, that comment and the Scarlet O'Hara comment contribute roughly nada. Thanks for being sarcastic!

And whatever about Midtown--I didn't make the comment to argue with people. It was illustrative. People I know in Atlanta, gay people, have told me it was (as I said) "more or less" the boy's town.
Well, then I guess you'll just have to make a note of me in your ongoing anthropological study of our city: "Atlanta female: Wary, sarcastic, and highly suspicious of threads labeled Sex In Atlanta"...

Old 07-23-2008, 11:30 AM

Now, that was well put. I agree. Oh and thanks for the continued and wildly unwarranted sarcasm. It's grand!

Old 07-23-2008, 11:51 AM

2,047 posts, read 4,620,283 times
Gorgeous. Actually they're starting to give me a complex. Where are all the middle-aged women with 'baby-making' hips? This place is so overrun with 'bright young things' it boggles the mind.

Seriously, the demographics here seem to skew young, at least that's what I've seen thus far. I know nothing about their personalities, but they sure are pretty. Of course, the same could be said for the men.

Old 07-23-2008, 11:57 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,885,851 times
Oh, I just think this one isn't worth going on with, folks. The little jabs are gonna get worse like a snowball, so let's melt the ice now (or, something like that).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: