Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 02:31 PM

525 posts, read 1,851,194 times

Advertisements

I am so glad you liked Eagle Watch!! That is a very nice subdivision!! For your price range...you can probably not beat Eagle Watch in the Woodstock area (that I know of!!)

If you have concerns about schools I would defintely check Cherokee county school system online. You can also search Atlanta Parent Magazine the January 2007 issue had a good overview of schools. Atlanta Magazine January 2007 issue also had some good info. Atlanta Magazine stated that Etowah is the best HS in Cherokee county (based on SAT scores).

Like I said before, they don't have the best, but they don't have the worst schools. However, I don't have first hand knowledge.

East Cobb ( and other areas) have good schools. However, I am not sure you will find homes in that price range-I am not familiar with that area.

Bradshaw Farms is beautiful-but that subdivision is too expensive for what the OP is looking for.

Good Luck!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2007, 10:57 AM

595 posts, read 2,343,493 times
I live in Woodstock now at the River Park sub. at Sixes Rd and Hwy 5.

I hate this town so much but I mostly attitude that to being single and realizing I enjoy urban spaces and a little less conservative-ness around me.

<EDIT>

Last edited by xxman777; 03-01-2007 at 02:20 PM.. Reason: Removed Advertising

Old 03-11-2007, 05:17 PM

13 posts, read 56,615 times
Default Woodstock subdivisions

I live in Bridge Mill (which is in Canton) and half of our subdivision kids go to Cherokee High School and the other half go to Woodstock High. I am not sure how the zones are divided but it is not by city or zip code. There are next door neighbors with kids are in different schools. We recently considered relocating to the other side of I 575 so I have done a lot of research on the Woodstock area. Bradshaw Farm kids go to Sequoah (?spelling) High School. There is a brand new high school called Creekview (or Creekland). They are in Canton One is the new high and the other is the new middle. Anyway, they just opened year before last so now they only have
9th, and 10th graders. They will add a grade each year and have seniors by 2008/2009 school year. I have heard great things about that school. A subdvision that I LOVE only a couple of miles from B. Farm is Royale Oaks. The houses are in the mid to high 300's and are lovely (nice wooded lots, wood floors, granite counters). That subdivision is zoned for Seq. now and Creekview/land as the grades are added. I felt the prices are fair but there are no ammenities (pool, tennis etc). You may be able to find it on a subdivision search-the zip there is 30115. One of the best sites I found for searching homes without registering and getting junk mail from the realtor is one from Ann Mullett. I do not know her but have utilized her web-site a lot over the last couple of months and she has never called or e-mailed me unless I had a question. When she did respond, it was simply the answer to my quesion and no pressure. Please let me know if I can help because I have traveled every back road and checked out every subdivision in that area recently. Good luck.

Old 08-01-2007, 11:11 PM

2,464 posts, read 6,466,631 times
I just came back from a trip to Atlanta - we met with a few RE agents, spoke with the locals, compared schools, cities, etc. We reviewed Roswell, Towne Lake & Woodstock, E. Cobb, and Marietta. Etowah is ranked number 18 in the state (the best in Cherokee County and better than most schools in Cobb County); Bascomb is also in competition with Trit Elementary which has a lower student teacher ratio.

Keep in mind that certain cities like Roswell has a population who are highly educated (some 80% with 4 year + degrees). So, of course, the kids will most likely go on to white collar jobs like their parents... it's basic sociology. I was very interested in Towne Lake primarily because of the location, small town feel, decent homes and schools. We haven't decided on it yet but odds are good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta