Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 03:48 PM

750 posts, read 2,276,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merin View Post
Ummm, they use the term pit bull type dog to explain many mixed breed dogs. Since this is the case how does one know what breed the dog is?? You can't. Without an attempt at gathering empirical data, these" statistics" are questionable at best.

Even if half the attacks in the pit bull category were misattributed, or if the pit bull category was split three ways, attacks by pit bulls and their closest relatives would still outnumber attacks by any other breed.

But hey thats cool, you love your pit bull and I don't particulary care for them. Different strokes for different folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 01:52 PM

9 posts, read 24,205 times
it is a sad when a convicted pedophile can move into a neighborhood, get a job working with children behind the "roose" that they have been rehabilitated and given a second chance but a pitbull, please! If you have never owned one or trained one, please don't respond on the hearsay it only makes you look dumber than your posts. If an animal expresses aggression, check yourself because they FEEL that you may harm them! The exact reason bees sting, they can sense fear through the sweat! It seems that you don't want pitbulls around because you and all people like you are narrow minded! You all believe the media, the same ones who 'hype' up stories for ratings! If you want to know something first handedly without being a follower, volunteer at an animal shelter and see what HUMANS do to pitbulls and other 'biting dogs'. Then let's see how much you and your other followers have to say about pitbulls! WE are the dangerous ones, they just know how to protect themselves, we get on here and post protection but do nothing!

Old 08-17-2009, 01:54 PM

i meant to say that it is a sad day not it is a sad, sorry. Also before the negative post come out, i compared pedophiles to animals because that is what they are and i hope that you all won't try to prove me wrong on that! Think about what you post before you post please because if you all are Christians, remember that pitbulls and other 'biting dogs' are also God's animals.

Old 08-17-2009, 01:56 PM

and to the particular poster who claims that i am posting against an old post, it is because i recently came upon the post, not that i should have to explain myself but i did anyway. Happy now?

Old 08-17-2009, 02:13 PM

826 posts, read 3,121,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcherryatlanta View Post
it is a sad when a convicted pedophile can move into a neighborhood, get a job working with children behind the "roose" that they have been rehabilitated and given a second chance but a pitbull, please! If you have never owned one or trained one, please don't respond on the hearsay it only makes you look dumber than your posts. If an animal expresses aggression, check yourself because they FEEL that you may harm them! The exact reason bees sting, they can sense fear through the sweat! It seems that you don't want pitbulls around because you and all people like you are narrow minded! You all believe the media, the same ones who 'hype' up stories for ratings! If you want to know something first handedly without being a follower, volunteer at an animal shelter and see what HUMANS do to pitbulls and other 'biting dogs'. Then let's see how much you and your other followers have to say about pitbulls! WE are the dangerous ones, they just know how to protect themselves, we get on here and post protection but do nothing!
Thank you Redcherry. For the record when I was younger I was scared of them and believed they needed to be banned. Once I learned about dogs and how to properly are for one, I have changed my tune. My pittie is the sweetest girl ever.

Old 08-17-2009, 04:14 PM

2 posts, read 4,242 times
Quote:
Back on topic, sort of.... Has any Breed Specific Legislation [BSL] been proposed in Atlanta proper or anywhere in the Atlanta Metro Area?
Yes in 2004, and we fought it with the help of the Georgia Dog Coalition and won!

ANY breed can bite and do serious damage. It just so happens that the pit bull is the dog du jour for media sensationalism. In the 70's it was the German Shepard dog, in the 80's it was the Doberman, in the 90's it was the Rottweiler and in the last 90's up until now it is the pit bulls. I predict that some of the mastiff breeds will be next to be the media's devil dog. Bear in mind that the world's first facial transplant patient was mauled by her labrador retriever!

Old 08-17-2009, 05:20 PM

750 posts, read 2,276,865 times

Last edited by JasonPaul; 08-17-2009 at 05:27 PM.. Reason: whatever you say

Old 08-17-2009, 08:53 PM

90 posts, read 258,204 times
A little off topic....This came into my mailbox today - I thought it was nice ....those poor pups. I think it's great they are being given a second chance.

Humane Society: Email - Vick: Let's not fight

Old 05-05-2011, 07:03 AM

1 posts, read 1,635 times
Default I could use your help

Hi, I just read your post and this place you are refering to sounds exactly like what I need as I have to blue pit puppies...very loving, but its hard to find ppl who really care to listen to that and i refuse to give up my babies. If you could provide me with the info on this apartment, I would be ever in your debt : thanks so much and look forward to hearing from you!
Sincerly,
Zee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Virgo Child View Post
^^^^

[FONT=Verdana]I used to have 2 pit bulls and I currently have 1 pit bull and a Pug, but a few years back when I was in grad school used to live in a complex off of North Druid Hills on Briarcliff and it was quite the dog friendly apartment complex. They did have a no aggressive breeds clause in their lease, but the property manager was quite cool and looked past that as long as you told her beforehand. Also a number of other tenants in the complex had Pits, Rotts, and other "aggressive breeds" as well and we used to meet up in the dog run that was located in the complex and let our dogs play together. That area is not in the geographic zone you were looking for, but if your still looking for a place PM me and I will give you the name of the complex and the property managers contact info as me and her are still quite cool because her ex-husband had a pit bull kennel in south GA which is where I got my blue brindle pit that I have right now. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]And to all the people who have the smart little remarks, pit bulls are not aggresive by nature, its only some of the ownes who are aggresive by nature. I've had dogs my enitre life and I never had a problem from any of my pits, the only dog I ever had a problem out of was my friends golden retriever who tried to tear my arm off when I younger.[/FONT]

Old 05-05-2011, 08:28 AM

10,744 posts, read 13,390,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthlieshere View Post
Hi, I just read your post and this place you are refering to sounds exactly like what I need as I have to blue pit puppies...very loving, but its hard to find ppl who really care to listen to that and i refuse to give up my babies. If you could provide me with the info on this apartment, I would be ever in your debt : thanks so much and look forward to hearing from you!
Sincerly,
Zee
Zee - I hope you find a place. I have a pitt, and she is about the sweetest animal I have ever had the joy of sharing my home with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta