Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2010, 09:19 PM

644 posts, read 1,431,101 times

Advertisements

Btw u are misinterpreting everything everyone is saying....not once did I say atlanta is the only city with a balllet or opera etc.....I said charlotte isn't world cclass which its not...I know almost every city has those....but not every city is as top notch as atlantas among others
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2010, 09:27 PM

265 posts, read 330,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoBillionaire View Post
Thanks for correcting my grammer that's what happens when u type fast. No you are taking what I am saying the wrong way.. Just because I expressed my opinion about nightlife and how important it is too me.. I have to be immature, young and basically I need to grow up. You made the comments as if I have no responsiblity or my priorities are wrong because I have a active life and I enjoying partying after a long work week and school... I'm not a boring person nor do I wanna attend dry boring events and venues. From the way u expressed this u seem to be in your 50s or 60s. Maybe your content with what Charlotte has too offer.. I'm not.. That's why I don't visit anymore nor live there.. My thoughts, my opinions. You have yours I have mine. My perception will not change and I'm pretty sure yours isn't going to either..

Every city has similar things to offer it's all about scale and size.. What u get in Atlanta you may get in Charlotte.. In Charlotte you will get the smaller scale.. That's what ajjam ment..

Example Charlotte u will get a theme park experience but in Orlando u will get the bigger experience when it comes to theme parks because there is much more of a variety.. That's why someone might say there's alot more going on in Orlando far as theme parks is concern than Charlotte..

That's how u get statements like charlotte is lacking or boring. This is just a example.. Too me the best time to go to Charlotte is during CIAA weekend..
For the record, I'm in my late 30's. I can see that I was basically correct; nightlife is about the only thing that interests you in terms of entertainment. That's fine, but to say that Charlotte is boring or offers very little just because the nightlife scene isn't what you're used to is very misleading. But hey, maybe one day you'll come to appreciate a greater variety of entertainment and culture. It's a shame too, because Atlanta offers so much in that regard but you only restrict yourself to clubbin'.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:29 PM

73 posts, read 109,658 times
This thread should have been labled.. How do you guys feel about all the rivalry between Charlotte and Atlanta.. Not asking people how they feel about a city because your going to get all kinda responses that might not be to everyones likeing..

Old 10-21-2010, 09:34 PM

Quote:
And for all u coward Ass posters who leave messages in rep box without saying who u are.. U can suck out of my ass.
And you claim you're 30 years old? Well age doesn't necessarily correspond with maturity...

Old 10-21-2010, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjam View Post
Sorry you can't take the truth.....you live in a bubble.....how many grammys has the charlotte symphony orchestra won?? Or the opera?? How. Many tiimes has either or played for presidential inagurations?? Can I go to borders or barnes and noble to buy their cds?? Do people travel all over the world to attend them? Do they have state of the art venues that cost $250million? Do they have world reknown directors?? Please Atlantas is world reknown....everything I asked about Charlotte's Atlantas has done and then some......laugh all you want at your oversized suburb...but truth is truth...and fact is fact.....tell me the last time the charlotte ballet did a fundraiser at $1000 a head...i and I will never post on here again
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjam View Post
Btw u are misinterpreting everything everyone is saying....not once did I say atlanta is the only city with a balllet or opera etc.....I said charlotte isn't world cclass which its not...I know almost every city has those....but not every city is as top notch as atlantas among others
I put your ignorance on display for everybody to see and now you want to blatantly change your argument. I'm sorry guy, but it's not going to work. Your words are clearly there for everyone to see:

"yes I didn't know Charlotte had an opera or ballet or symphony....because its not on a world class status like Atlantas is. "

"yes I didn't know Charlotte had an opera or ballet or symphony....because its not on a world class status like Atlantas is. "

Do you think people are stupid? They can read your words right there in black and white. You didn't have questions about the quality of these institutions in Charlotte, how many awards they have won, where you can purchase their CDs, what presidential inaugurations they have performed at, how much their venues cost, or what type of fundraisers they've had. YOU QUESTIONED THEIR MERE EXISTENCE BECAUSE YOU THOUGHT ONLY "WORLD CLASS" CITIES HAD SYMPHONIES, BALLETS, AND OPERAS. You can't worm your way out of this guy; your words are right there in black and white for everyone to see. Just admit your ignorance and move on. As such, you're just making yourself look worse and worse. Sorry I had to put you on blast like that, but it really was hilarious that you thought that only "world class cities" had these types of things.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon704 View Post
For the record, I'm in my late 30's. I can see that I was basically correct; nightlife is about the only thing that interests you in terms of entertainment. That's fine, but to say that Charlotte is boring or offers very little just because the nightlife scene isn't what you're used to is very misleading. But hey, maybe one day you'll come to appreciate a greater variety of entertainment and culture. It's a shame too, because Atlanta offers so much in that regard but you only restrict yourself to clubbin'.
Lol your are just making up your own thoughts I'm talking about things that are open after 12am.. Please don't try to size me up and tell me that nightlife is all that I do because that's what I am expressing on here. I've probably have attended more events( other than nightlife in Atlanta) in one month. than u have experenced in 6 months in Charlotte.. I'll say it again maybe your content with what Charlotte has to offer I'm not. I wouldn't get anywhere In my industry living in Charlotte..

Old 10-21-2010, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon704 View Post
And you claim you're 30 years old? Well age doesn't necessarily correspond with maturity...
And u claim your in your late 30s but I think u mean late 50s

Old 10-21-2010, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Lol your are just making up your own thoughts I'm talking about things that are open after 12am.. Please don't try to size me up and tell me that nightlife is all that I do because that's what I am expressing on here.
Well it's not my fault if you can't effectively communicate what you mean. Other things besides nightlife have already been mentioned, yet you had nothing to say about those things. You've more than said what you meant.

Quote:
I've probably have attended more events( other than nightlife in Atlanta) in one month. than u have experenced in 6 months in Charlotte.. I'll say it again maybe your content with what Charlotte has to offer I'm not.
Oh I seriously, seriously doubt that. You're just downright delirious now. Furthermore, I do travel from time to time because I don't limit myself to just where I live.

Quote:
I wouldn't get anywhere In my industry living in Charlotte..
How is that even related to entertainment or nightlife? Can we at least stay on topic?

Old 10-21-2010, 09:53 PM

Quote:
And u claim your in your late 30s but I think u mean late 50s
LOL! I'm really not, but even if I were, so what? It's people who are in their 50's and 60's that are really running things in this world. I can't wait to get to that age myself.

Oh, and the first "your" in your sentence should be "you're." And this isn't Twitter; how hard is it to type out "you"? That's some teenybopper stuff right there. I find it very, very hard to believe you are in your 30's. I have to, because I just can't accept the alternative which concerns our primary education system here in America.

Old 10-21-2010, 10:00 PM

644 posts, read 1,431,101 times
You can cut and paste selective post all you want to to make your argument stronger but we all know who the big dog of the south is....and what Status charlotte wishes she had.....time to put in my ASO cd.....goodnight
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta