Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 06:51 AM

6 posts, read 37,825 times

Advertisements

Need some guidance on finding a company that sells and installs burglar bars. Also, please share your cost info...wondering how much they cost. I am looking at some homes in the 30315 area and want to get bars in place before I move in.

UPDATED:
If anybody has any info on Bass Street, Grant Street SE, Grant Park Place SE,Pavillion Street , please share your thoughts and opinions of this area.

thanks

Last edited by PatPat; 01-25-2009 at 07:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 06:25 AM

3,478 posts, read 7,253,668 times
Um, why would you want to buy a house in a neighborhood where you feel it is necessary to put up burglar bars? In this type of economy and with the state of the housing market, I would look elsewhere.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:05 AM

Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
987 posts, read 3,911,143 times
Ornamental Security is a good company with great prices that I've used on my rental house in the hood. Security Doors and Burglar Bars Atlanta - Ornamental Iron and Security Products -Custom made, Wrought Iron Fences, gates and railing

Old 01-26-2009, 07:06 AM

826 posts, read 3,120,528 times
I was raised in a very upper middle class neighborhood with minimal crime, we had bars on a few of the windows and on the back door. The recent violent home invasion in Roswell and Johns Creek make it apparent that no place is 100% safe. Most of us who live intown are aware of the crime issues.

Ditto Atlanta's finest, I love Ornamental. They customize them to your house and even matched the color on the trim. I got bars on only two of my windows, they actually look like window panes. I believe they were around 150.00 a window. The Door can run 500-800 depending on the design. In regards to Grant Park Place, we actually really liked that street due to the proximity to the park. If you want good opinions I suggest attending a Grant Park neighborhood meeting.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:29 AM

1,352 posts, read 4,374,173 times
30315 is grant park no? good riddance you are not in lakewood are you

Old 01-26-2009, 09:17 AM

6 posts, read 37,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
Um, why would you want to buy a house in a neighborhood where you feel it is necessary to put up burglar bars? In this type of economy and with the state of the housing market, I would look elsewhere.
Huh? I will put bars on my doors no matter where I decide to live. Crime is EVERYWHERE in this city. Doors have been kicked in in EVERY ZIP CODE. I will avoid any community that has an HOA that tells me I cannot put up bars. I am looking at homes in Grant Park and will be putting up security doors. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityrover View Post
30315 is grant park no? good riddance you are not in lakewood are you

What do you mean by, "good riddance-you are not in lakewood are you"?

Thanks to everyone who posted helpful information. Much appreciated.

Old 02-11-2009, 11:37 AM

41 posts, read 219,542 times
What do you all think about Regis Rd. in the 30315 area?

Old 04-29-2009, 12:44 PM

26 posts, read 129,700 times
Default Does anyone know where I can find doors like this?

It is constructed of 16 gauge stainless steel, not powder-coated (Home Depot's version). The glass is a 2-way mirror, enabling me to see out, but the person outside cannot see in; they'll only see their reflection in the mirror. They are very popular in Queens (NYC) as a decorative alternative to the traditional security doors. Since I cannot remove them from my home in NY and attach them to my home in Atlanta, I am hoping to find a company that can do this, rather than having them fabricated here and bringing them there to then install.What company is good for purchasing security bars and doors?-img_0528.jpgWhat company is good for purchasing security bars and doors?-img_0536.jpg

Old 04-29-2009, 12:52 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,349,235 times
Please tell me you can get a satin finish...that's one blinged out front entrance. Those chromed handrails look like they belong in a gaudily designed nightclub.

Old 04-29-2009, 12:56 PM

26 posts, read 129,700 times
I didn't care for the handrails, but that was my husband's doing. The door itself is actually quite nice when you look at it in person, as opposed to the traditional bars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta