Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2007, 02:43 PM

3 posts, read 14,687 times

Advertisements

My husband's company wants us to relo from Ohio. He will either work in Marietta (off Sandy Plains NE), Duluth, or Suwanee. He visited recently and really liked Roswell and thinks this may be a good central location to those three areas (true?). We have 4 kids (7g/5g/3b/1b), so schools are important. My questions:

What would be the cummutes to Duluth and Suwanee? Reasonable?
Overview of Roswell - what are it's unique qualities?
We really liked the feel of Chattahoochee River Club in Cummings (all house didn't face streets, nice lots, a lot of activities) - any comparable neighborhoods in Roswell in $400K range?
What are the good elem schools? Public, private?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2007, 10:24 AM

1,517 posts, read 6,740,176 times
If you like Roswell you may also want to check out Historic Norcross. It's much closer to Duluth and Suwanee and you will enjoy your commute much more.

Old 04-06-2007, 03:10 PM

1 posts, read 2,947 times
Red face Roswell

Roswell has some of the best schools in the state. Especially in west Roswell- Mt. Park elementary, Crababble Middle, Roswell HS. I had two children attend all three- now 18 and 21. 21 year-old is attending UGA and doing her Junior Year in Tokyo as an exchange student, majoring in International Business/Pre-Law. 18-year-old sill waiting to hear from colleges. Many scholarships available as well as the most important the Hope Scholarship. If student maintains a B average throughout HS and goes to a public in-state collage, all of tuition is fully pain for as well as portion of books! If attends a private schools you get a portion of tuition through a voucher. A god-Send! Many community activities here with a great park community center focusing on sports, arts, craft, walking trails etc. Low crime rate and a whole lot of house of the money comparatively speaking. 400-500 would be a very decent home on a lot of land Would definitely stay in west Roswell for commute and established neighborhoods. Best of luck.

Old 04-09-2007, 09:24 AM

52 posts, read 212,078 times
maremurr, that was a very informative answer. we are about the close on a townhouse. we wanted to buy small to find an area that works before committing to a house. we have two small kids, and i wanted to live a top notch school system, despite the higher cost of living in roswell. thanks, now i feel much better. my daughter will be going to crab apple.

i know your kids are grown, but do you have any recommendations on a preschool for a four-year-old? or any advice for a summer camp for an eight year old?

Old 04-09-2007, 07:21 PM

254 posts, read 1,058,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyEsquire View Post
or any advice for a summer camp for an eight year old?

they have camps here: http://www.chattnaturecenter.com/

Old 05-08-2007, 05:00 AM

52 posts, read 212,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melkat View Post
they have camps here: http://www.chattnaturecenter.com/
thanks again.

Old 05-08-2007, 05:19 AM

3,972 posts, read 12,662,983 times
There are a ton of camps...

Check out this site...

http://www.atlantaparent.com/camps_online/index.html (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta