Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2009, 06:09 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,381,405 times

Advertisements

Just looking to see if there are any jewish families in South Forsythe.

and what is the difference between North Fulton and South Forsythe?

any info would be great!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2009, 08:58 PM

997 posts, read 4,645,143 times
South Forsyth is primarily Cumming. South Forsyth is further from Atlanta than North Fulton. There aren't many Jews in South Forsyth. If you need to be near South Forsyth than I would suggest the Johns Creek and the Alpharetta area East of 400. They have two synagogues. Dor Tamid and Gesher L'Torah and some people go into Dundwoody to the synagogues there. North Fulton covers a larger area. The Perimeter/Dunwoody/Sandy Springs, Roswell and Alpharetta/Johns Creek/Milton. Depending on who you ask some will include Buckhead.

I also think that North Fulton is more affluent and has much better schools although Cumming is definitely coming up. You can get more for your money in Cumming and they have more newer neighborhoods if that would be your preference.

Hope this helps.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:05 PM

thank you for the info, dh and I have been looking in Alpharetta and north fulton, but I stumbled upon South Forsythe on some of our real estate searches. We plan on making a trip in June. We have been looking at Milton High School for our son, and I liked what I saw as well as we will need an elementary school for our dd she will be going into 4th...

Old 03-28-2009, 10:20 PM

997 posts, read 4,645,143 times
The Milton area is very nice. It used to be Alpharetta just like some of Johns Creek used to be Alpharetta. It split. If you want more jewish people, I would stay East of 400 in Alpharetta towards Johns Creek. Milton is West of 400. Don't get me wrong. It is very nice and beautiful. Everyone we know from Dor Tamid and Gesher L'Torah seems to live on the Eastern part. There are some over in Milton but not the majority. The high schools on that part are Northview, Chattahoochee, and some go to Alpharetta. There is also a Johns Creek HS opening next year. Also the East side is much easier getting to the JCC in Dunwoody.

If you don't mind my asking, what is your price range and I can give you some neighborhoods over there.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:38 PM

we were looking into Milton High School, Northwestern middle..Im ok with living with not alot of Jewish people..lol we dont belng to a temple so that isnt important, so it would be just fine. Our price range is 350k-400k and Im a bit confused on where in Alpharetta we should be looking...We would like a development with amenities, clubhouse, possible fitness center but if not that is ok too, Definately a community pool tennis courts etc...We also would like to possibly rent a home for a year as well before buying our price range would be 1800-2500 a month

Old 03-29-2009, 03:32 PM

256 posts, read 750,175 times
I don't know how important this is to you, but Milton is one of the more homogeneous high schools in North Fulton. It is almost 100% white, while the area jln69 was talking about, east of 400, is filled with Asians and has slightly more blacks and Hispanics (still not many at all, but a few more than Milton). As for Jewish families, there are probably a fair number of Jewish kids at Milton, but as jln69 said, there are a lot more east of 400 in Alpharetta and Johns Creek.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta