Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2007, 10:21 AM

1 posts, read 3,002 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are looking to relocate to either GA or NC. We are natives of South Florida and have become very disenchanted with all of the crime, violence, gangs, overcrowding, and horrible public school conditions we have here in S. FL. Friends of ours live in Peachtree City GA and we have visited there several times. Could anyone who lives there give me their opinion on what it is like to raise a family there? We have one young daughter with more on the way and are looking for an old-fashioned wholesome place for them to grow up. THanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2007, 11:31 AM

29 posts, read 156,356 times
You might want to move this to the "Atlanta" section.

We're moving from Orlando to Peachtree City this summer. It's bittersweet for us, but I am looking forward to living there. We're impressed with what we've seen.

Good luck!

Old 04-06-2007, 06:01 PM

137 posts, read 739,530 times
We moved from San Diego two years ago to Peachtree City. We LOVE it here.

PTC is truly an unusual community that should be considered a model community for the nation. We have over 100 miles of golf cart paths which are great for biking, walking, and of course golf carting. Our schools are ranked the highest in GA (and far better than what we experienced in San Diego -- we are public school teachers, too). We have very low crime and a true family atmosphere here. The shopping is well done. We have upscale shopping areas and a great variety of dining options. We have a tremendous amount of recreation, our own town amphitheater, lots of community events, etc. It is a gem of a town and it is small wonder why we were rated 8th in best places to live a couple of years back.

Old 04-06-2007, 10:45 PM

283 posts, read 1,193,853 times
Well I grew up in Tyrone just north of PTC but the 2 have grown together over time. I miss living there very much. I was part of the old family crowd that was there long before PTC was ever even thought of so I grew up on a cattle farm with all of my familly scattered around the same farm. Although my family was worried about the influx of people that were to come, we have been very happy with the outcome and most of my family is still there on the farm. They refuse to leave. If I could afford to find a large tract there to repeat the process for my children I would do it in a heartbeat. I don't think I have come across anyone other than Fayette Countians with such a previledged lifestyle. Moving away offered quite a bit of shock to what the rest of the world is like.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:02 PM

13 posts, read 38,443 times
Default Possible Reloc From So. FL to GA

I currently live in Coral Springs, FL (great place to live!) and will possibly be relocating to the Atlanta area (job transfer). I came across Peachtree City and it reminds me of where we live now and I think it would be a great place to live. I have 2 kids, so education, safety and recreational activities for my children are very important. I was just curious about the racial structure there. We are noncaucasion and I'm wondering how racially diversified Peachtree City is. We currently live in a upper middle class, mixed community and it has been a great experience for us and our children. Looking to find that in our next home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: