Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best nightlife district in Atlanta?
Buckhead 8 22.86%
Midtown 22 62.86%
Downtown 5 14.29%
Little Five Points 4 11.43%
Virginia-Highland 6 17.14%
East Atlanta 5 14.29%
Other (specify) 3 8.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 01:14 PM

288 posts, read 959,278 times

Advertisements

I wasnt talking about window shopping, I think you and I both know what Im talking about. Its got nothing to do with whether the dude was black or white, has dreads or a mullet. Its the same situation that has happened at many malls in the Atlanta area, and I know many a people who would spend the same amount of money emo boy in his tight pants spent in the Polo store anytime of the day but mostly in the evening because they work in the daytime and they end up avoiding going to the mall all together because the large groups of people who are not "window shopping" but loitering with no thoughts of spending any money. Ive heard it from quite a few higher ups at some of these businesses that it pushes business away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 01:22 PM

815 posts, read 2,137,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highriser987 View Post
I wasnt talking about window shopping, I think you and I both know what Im talking about. Its got nothing to do with whether the dude was black or white, has dreads or a mullet. Its the same situation that has happened at many malls in the Atlanta area, and I know many a people who would spend the same amount of money emo boy in his tight pants spent in the Polo store anytime of the day but mostly in the evening because they work in the daytime and they end up avoiding going to the mall all together because the large groups of people who are not "window shopping" but loitering with no thoughts of spending any money. Ive heard it from quite a few higher ups at some of these businesses that it pushes business away.

I see what your saying now, and lol @ Emo boy in the tight pants. Wait hold up, I am a fan of the punk rocker look as I rock a cross between the preppy and punk rocker look (fitted pants, not tight) what are you trying to say??? LOL!! APC's, Nudies, Express and Ralph Lauren all day everyday

Last edited by youngMichaelJackson; 08-11-2009 at 01:59 PM..

Old 08-12-2009, 01:40 PM

927 posts, read 2,226,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highriser987 View Post
Its got nothing to do with whether the dude was black or white, has dreads or a mullet.

Then why did you harken the image of a rapper and his "cousin" to make your point if it was unimportant?

The fact is, malls have been used as a place to simply hang out for decades. That's kinda why they exist in the first place, otherwise they would just be shopping centers. It should make no difference to you whether or not the people who go there are actually buying something.

Further, the decline of Buckhead is due more to overactions on the parts of residents and city officials who want to appear "tough on crime." Thousands of people weekly passed through Buckhead each weekend without incident, and whatever did happen there is about what you would find in any other major city with centralized club districts.

Last edited by bizchick86; 08-12-2009 at 02:35 PM..

Old 09-05-2009, 07:13 PM

45 posts, read 103,637 times
I would like to know which websites offer info as to where young professionals can meet at social events in ATL....nothing hood. Any info would be appreciated.

Old 09-06-2009, 08:47 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,310,733 times
Default Ah...those were the days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizchick86 View Post
you mean back in the day when drunk white kids would fall on top of people's hoods in the middle of intersections and vomit on the side of streets from drunkeness? oh yes, because THAT was so much better!

Midtown for now. Buckhead did used to be the ish. Atlanta is so whack when it comes to nightlife nowadays.
Compared to your run-of-the-mill gun violence that some of these nightclubs experienced nowadays, I actually pine for the yesteryears of drunken frat boys passed out on the front lawns. At least in those days nobody died or was seriously crippled...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta