Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 09:53 AM

1,123 posts, read 6,554,676 times

Advertisements

I would tend to agree with the ppl recommending either Smyrna or Dunwoody as a viable alternative to Kennesaw/Roswell. While both are a small step down in terms of school rankings/scores, I think it's a small step and well worth it if commute and closeness to town is important to you. I live on the very northern edge of Dunwoody and it takes me 20-25 minutes in the morning if I leave by 7am to get down to downtown for work. Afternoons max out at 45 minutes, unless there is a serious accident. I used to live in Smyrna and it was a similar time frame, if not slightly less (good = you can take backroads all the way, bad = there is currently a lot of construction on those roads).

If I had to choose between either Kennesaw or Roswell, I would take Roswell in a heartbeat. Although both are basically the same distance out, Roswell just feels closer in and has a nice downtown area with shops and restaurants. It just feels nicer to me than Kennesaw, which is bloated with Barrett Pkwy and is very industrial in a lot of areas. Just my personal opinion, of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta