Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 06:43 PM

705 posts, read 1,110,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Legally speaking, there is no law barring people who want to take part in a "all-White endeavor". Last time I checked, people were still free to be members of the KKK or Aryan Nation.

The difference is that when talking about a professional organization, barring other people based on race is wrong AND illegal. There are plenty of White players in the NBA and they aren't at all disadvantaged from joining the league if they have the skills.
You're on the right track, again, they're trying to get a point accross, racial stereotypes that are formed by behaviour linked to a specific group. And the behaviour can certainly be repeated by someone of any race, but perception is reality for a lot of folks.

Old 01-21-2010, 06:52 PM

16,702 posts, read 29,532,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
That's because, as I said before, white people in the U.S. don't have a history of being persecuted simply because they are white. There is no need for anyone to take up your cause because because it's an isolated incident and not a commonly occurring one. All-white endeavors (like voting, getting an education, etc) were the norm for many years in our society. Only through the actions of organizations like the NAACP and individuals like the ones you mentioned (and many others) did anything change.

If the person you brought up was being discriminated against because she is a woman, then she has plenty of backup to support her. Gender discrimination was and is rampant in the U.S. and the world.

Until recently, it's pretty much been a white man's world. Things have changed.
Preach it, Deac!

Old 01-21-2010, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
That's because, as I said before, white people in the U.S. don't have a history of being persecuted simply because they are white. There is no need for anyone to take up your cause because because it's an isolated incident and not a commonly occurring one. All-white endeavors (like voting, getting an education, etc) were the norm for many years in our society. Only through the actions of organizations like the NAACP and individuals like the ones you mentioned (and many others) did anything change.

If the person you brought up was being discriminated against because she is a woman, then she has plenty of backup to support her. Gender discrimination was and is rampant in the U.S. and the world.

Until recently, it's pretty much been a white man's world. Things have changed.
"There is no need for anyone to take up your cause because because it's an isolated incident and not a commonly occurring one."

Where have you been living, under a rock??? Isolated incident and not commonly occurring??? This crap happens all too often. To white and black females. I could go on about all the free rides blacks get when they step in it. You're making lame excuses to counter my observation regarding Jackson and Sharpton being race specific in their activities.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:19 PM

314 posts, read 639,694 times
unbelievable.

1. Saying that they'll teach basketball fundamentals and not street ball means that they are under the assumption that current basketball players don't know fundamentals. I'd say that's a *bit* of a stretch lol. I guess the founders of this league confuse knowing how to do more than just dribble in place with not knowing fundamentals.
2. Who the hell would watch these people play, aside for the comedic value. "Hey, it's a league for white people who can't cut it in the NBA or anywhere else but this racist-a$$ league" Yeah, sounds great.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:22 PM

314 posts, read 639,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by axemanjoe View Post
"There is no need for anyone to take up your cause because because it's an isolated incident and not a commonly occurring one."

Where have you been living, under a rock??? Isolated incident and not commonly occurring??? This crap happens all too often. To white and black females. I could go on about all the free rides blacks get when they step in it. You're making lame excuses to counter my observation regarding Jackson and Sharpton being race specific in their activities.

The world is FULL of people who get free rides, white, black, whatever.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotch View Post
The world is FULL of people who get free rides, white, black, whatever.
That doesnt make the good deacon's excuses fly though.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:39 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,563,119 times
So will dunking be allowed in the KlaNBA?

Old 01-21-2010, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
So will dunking be allowed in the KlaNBA?
I guess only if the whities area tall enough and can jump high enough.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:46 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,812,854 times
Quote:

I'm pretty sure I addressed gender discrimination in my earlier post:

"If the person you brought up was being discriminated against because she is a woman, then she has plenty of backup to support her. Gender discrimination was and is rampant in the U.S. and the world."

Yes. I did.

No, I haven't been living under a rock. You should read and understand a person's statements before responding in such a rude manner.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:51 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,812,854 times
Quote:
I guess only if the whities area tall enough and can jump high enough.
I don't care to change your mind about anything...it would be nice if I could enlighten you, but it appears that your mind is set on keeping your 1950s social views. It's just hard to believe that anyone in this day and age could still be fighting the same small-minded fight.

I truly hope you come to to some real understanding of this issue. There is no need to harbor this kind of hate for your fellow man. Goodnight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta