Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 10:08 AM

3 posts, read 6,726 times

Advertisements

Why don't you contact some of the local Muslim churches? Someone may be able to give you a more knowledgeable answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2010, 02:30 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,105,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayanlang View Post
Why don't you contact some of the local Muslim churches? Someone may be able to give you a more knowledgeable answer.
Christians go to Churches, Muslims go to mosques but you have a really good idea.

Old 02-18-2010, 05:42 PM

725 posts, read 1,511,229 times
If you are not concerned about crime and schools... anywhere. I would avoid Clayton County though even though I live there... cause the schools are abismal. However I think there is a huge mosque across the street off hwy 85. However you will be accepted anywhere. I was working at Taco Bell and I had countless number of Muslims come in. Countless

Henry County is a lot more rural, and lot less diversse and a little more boring in my opinion. That's all I know about that.

Old 02-19-2010, 11:30 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,801,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theATLien View Post
If you are not concerned about crime and schools... anywhere. I would avoid Clayton County though even though I live there... cause the schools are abismal. However I think there is a huge mosque across the street off hwy 85. However you will be accepted anywhere. I was working at Taco Bell and I had countless number of Muslims come in. Countless

Henry County is a lot more rural, and lot less diversse and a little more boring in my opinion. That's all I know about that.
Why I agree there are better choices like maybe(Gwiinett County in Lawrenceville,Duluth )as well.Clayton has a small few of decent schools.All the schools are not bad.You just have to research more.The MT.Zion area is overall not bad.As well as Lovejoy and Rex.

Old 03-12-2010, 09:48 PM

14 posts, read 58,157 times
I just stumbled across your posts and read them with interest. Which job did you decide to take? Where did you move?

I grew up in Rome, love my hometown, but wish it were more progressively hospitable toward diverse cultures and religions. I'm a WASP, but that doesn't mean I want all my friends and associations to be WASPs, too. For the past 20 years I've been in Atlanta and raised my children here. As a result, my kids have had more opportunities than I did to develop true friendships with people of other faiths and other cultures. I'm pleased about that.

I'm not pleased about the condition our public schools are in, though. Clayton County's accreditation debacle was appalling, and other metro Atlanta school systems are struggling. If you do move to the Atlanta area and educate your kids here, I wish you luck. If you wind up in an area where public school is not up to par, you may consider private schools or homeschooling.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:36 PM

28 posts, read 93,303 times
Try Douglas County. I live in Douglas County just about 1 mile from the South Fulton County line. Very close to Downtown Atlanta, Atlanta Airport, several Private schools, interstates, shopping, parks and a mosque is about 3 miles away. Did I mention that my house is for sale?

Old 03-14-2010, 10:52 PM

42 posts, read 204,437 times
You could reside in Atlanta and drive south to riverdale... you will be going against traffic... hence your commute will not be difficult.... I would suggest that you google for pakistanian stores or churches etc... they would be able to better provide your with a solid perspective on living in metro atlanta..Welcome to Atlanta and simply ignore the ignorant bigots...

Old 03-20-2010, 08:31 PM

73 posts, read 165,268 times
Thanks to all for their positive comments(it got a little wayward but hey thats how you define democracy). All in all if I had the chance I ld move back to my country because I believe I owe it to my country where my roots are. America has given me more than I can ever repay: a fantastic education,superior work ethic and most of all treated me as an equal. Thats why it is no doubt the greatest country hands down! My gratitude to all but I miss my home,my people and the intricacies assoicated with my culture. Our country is going through immense turmoil and there is a substantial brain drain but the answer isn't negative migration...my oppologies for sidetracking...just some thoughts. I hope people understand. Keep your comments and suggestions coming.

Old 03-22-2010, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
Atlanta is like a progressive island in the middle of Georgia a conservative sea and the good thing is race, religion and etc issues are way better in real life here than present on these threads. The beauty about America is even that the beginning was so hypocritical but the standard was so high ALL men are created equal it’s actually came back to bit nay sayers and bigots in the butt. What I learn is people sometimes have assumptions about people of different backgrounds that some how they are out to get them, this is why you don’t generalize people. The irony is people play cold war, there nothing worse than stereotypes Vs stereotypes, If you catch my drift don’t assume that people have a prejudice view towards you, about people assuming you have prejudice view towards them. Atlanta was a large center for civil rights organizations during the civil rights movement and still is one most progressive cities in the south. So you should consider other issues like crime, commuting to work and etc. Atlanta is the city busy to hate!
That's deep

Old 03-22-2010, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Why I agree there are better choices like maybe(Gwiinett County in Lawrenceville,Duluth )as well.Clayton has a small few of decent schools.All the schools are not bad.You just have to research more.The MT.Zion area is overall not bad.As well as Lovejoy and Rex.
I know this is old... but the schools lost accreditation... how much worse can you get. I'm not saying the students are bad or not smart... (although I went there and I know we would bring camcorders to school just to watch the fights.) neither are the teachers, but the system is not taking responsiblity...

However what do you expect when millions of dollars each year was being drained from the school fund. I remember reading that they were slashing the fund year after year as the population swelled and scrathing my head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta