Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2010, 12:12 PM

683 posts, read 4,617,388 times

Advertisements

I am coming through Atlanta at the end of the month and need to find a hotel in a safe area. By safe, I don't mean that I'll be walking around in the middle of the night by myself, but I want to know that my car isn't likely to get broken into, and that I can drive around the area without being worried for my life. I have found a few hotels, and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations of the best location.

1) Fairfield Inn-1145 Hammond
2)Wingate--5800 Peachtree Industrial
3) Beverly Hills Inn--65 Sheridan
4) La Quinta Lenox-Buckhead--2535 Chantilly

Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2010, 02:00 PM

697 posts, read 3,021,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel2882 View Post
I am coming through Atlanta at the end of the month and need to find a hotel in a safe area. By safe, I don't mean that I'll be walking around in the middle of the night by myself, but I want to know that my car isn't likely to get broken into, and that I can drive around the area without being worried for my life. I have found a few hotels, and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations of the best location.

1) Fairfield Inn-1145 Hammond
2)Wingate--5800 Peachtree Industrial
3) Beverly Hills Inn--65 Sheridan
4) La Quinta Lenox-Buckhead--2535 Chantilly

Thanks for your help!
Hammond Drive is pretty suburban -- congested at times, but not dangerous. The Wingate on Peachtree Industrial is pretty far from anything, and while the area in general is suburban and pretty safe, it's not far from areas that are pretty sketchy, and being right on a major thoroughfare is more susceptible to imported/quick-getaway trouble than others. Chantilly is essentially an access road for I-85 North. It's an area with a lot of office parks, apartments, etc. Reasonably safe, but again not too far from areas that are a bit dicey, and probably the area I'd be most concerned about as far as someone breaking into your car -- I know of folks who've had their hotel rooms broken into and had money/ID stolen not far from there (specifically, at the Microtel on Sidney Marcus just on the other side of the I-85/GA400 interchange complex).

There are two different Sheridan Drives. The one the Beverly Hills Inn is on is just off Peachtree Road in the southern part of Buckhead -- it's one of the entry streets for the Garden Hills neighborhood, which is an old development of 60-plus-year-old homes that has remained an affluent and desirable area throughout its history. That location is still close enough to Peachtree that there might be some random incidents, but in general I'd consider it the most desirable location of those you mentioned (purely considering location -- I know nothing whatever about the Beverly Hills Inn); it's a pleasant neighborhood and it's much more convenient to the downtown, Midtown, and of course Buckhead attractions.

Old 03-06-2010, 02:05 PM

683 posts, read 4,617,388 times
Thank you so much, that helps a TON!

Old 03-06-2010, 02:49 PM

119 posts, read 302,330 times
I work near the Wingate on Peachtree Industrial and think it's in a safe area. The hotel is fairly new. It's about 10 minutes from I-285 and another five minutes from I-85. There are a few restaurants next door, and lots of shopping within a couple mile radius (better stuff along Peachtree Parkway). The immediate area is predominantly office parks. Having worked around there for nine years, I'm not aware of any major problems, nor that many minor problems in that immediate area. I'd recommend it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: