Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 02:18 PM

8,486 posts, read 14,999,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrowOldGetWise View Post
That Westend mall, for all it's crazyness, does have an exccelllent selection of Nike shoes.
Very true.

But, my favorite thing about the Mall West End is the Gut Busters across the street. Best Philly Cheesesteak outside of Philly hands down.

Old 10-28-2010, 02:40 PM

32,025 posts, read 36,788,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
... my favorite thing about the Mall West End is the Gut Busters across the street.
Agreed! West End Mall is not bad at all. It has a nice urban presence, especially along Gordon/RDA. We stop in there from time to time when we're visiting family or friends over that way.

Old 10-28-2010, 04:13 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,567,701 times
I was just there today & LSM is far from ghetto more like FABOLOUS, Fabolous!! I heard that word like 20 times today no lie.

Old 10-28-2010, 04:49 PM

397 posts, read 843,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Very true.

But, my favorite thing about the Mall West End is the Gut Busters across the street. Best Philly Cheesesteak outside of Philly hands down.
Try Slack's in Brookhaven. It's fairly new and opened by a guy who was raised in Philly.

Old 10-28-2010, 05:06 PM

106 posts, read 232,469 times
Yeah, I really have no problem walking in the westend mall. Like any guy, out there, I hope that you go in, and go out, much like a special ops mission, get what you need, then get out. One time, I was walkin out the Nike store, and some nice young man, about the age of 20, with tattoos completely covering his face, tried to give me a scary stare down. I just did the ole **** the head, crazy eye look right back at em, and the game of chicken was over. I don't go in that mall often, but I would advise carrying a pistol if you've got a permit, I've known folks challenged/jacked in the parking lot. It's a hood mall! You gotta love it! Its never boring.

Old 10-28-2010, 05:31 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,710,432 times
Where is Gut Busters???

I'll have to give it try over the weekend

Old 10-28-2010, 05:48 PM

1,498 posts, read 3,107,871 times
The Mall at Peachtree in Five Points is a good example of a ghetto mall, if its even still there. I got my first fake ID there in high school if that's any indication. That being said, Lenox does have a certain thuggish element, thanks to MARTA. Even though they are across the street from each other, you dont see as many thuggish teens at Phipps - its a hassle to walk from Lenox MARTA to Phipps. Perimeter also has it, to a lesser extent. Any major mall in any major metro is going to have thuggish types, but MARTA adds more than would be there regardless.

Old 10-28-2010, 06:02 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,365,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackCobain View Post
The Mall at Peachtree in Five Points is a good example of a ghetto mall, if its even still there. I got my first fake ID there in high school if that's any indication. That being said, Lenox does have a certain thuggish element, thanks to MARTA. Even though they are across the street from each other, you dont see as many thuggish teens at Phipps - its a hassle to walk from Lenox MARTA to Phipps. Perimeter also has it, to a lesser extent. Any major mall in any major metro is going to have thuggish types, but MARTA adds more than would be there regardless.
I don't think a lot of people have ANY idea how many visitors in town for business/conventions/tourism take the train from Downtown/Midtown to shop at Lenox. Anyone that is a regular rider on the Gold or Red lines can attest to this. I have met SO MANY people from out of town over the years that make this trek, and to any regular commuter it is beyond obvious.

Old 10-28-2010, 08:18 PM

73 posts, read 109,630 times
Thuggish types lol. Better not wear urban clothes because people are going to assume your the thuggish type lol

Old 10-28-2010, 08:41 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,534,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackCobain View Post
I don't agree. For one MARTA is not the thug endorsed method of transportation. Many good people that go to Lenox use MARTA. I've done it when I can.

Quite frankly the thugs drive so they can steal and get in their car/van and leave.The REAL Thugs don't ride the #$) ( train. They would have no escape.

The "Ghetto" can be attributed to mostly people IN CARS there and that is the facts. NOT MARTA.

Only in Atlanta is walking from MARTA to Phipps some sort of long journey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta