Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2010, 09:41 AM

431 posts, read 2,125,980 times

Advertisements

*delete*

Last edited by NYLATINQT; 05-12-2010 at 11:10 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 11:19 AM

239 posts, read 923,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLATINQT View Post
This is a very general inquiry. I am posting this in the Atlanta forum because I want to know specifically about the job market in Atlanta.

What are the job prospects for an MBA graduate in this city? I do not have an MBA at this time but am considering pursuing one. I am hesitant though because it seems like so many people have an MBA these days and it doesn't hold the same weight anymore.

My background is mostly in insurance and mortgage/banking. I would probably consider something like risk management or financial services.

Any input?
I'm not to sure about risk management, but the easiest way to utilize a new MBA in the financial services industry is to get accepted into a management program. Several companies with a presence in Atlanta have them, ie. BOA, SunTrust, Goldman Sachs, etc. These programs are geared toward recent graduates and you would want to apply in the fall before you graduate. You would usually start out as an analyst if you have your bachelors or an associate if you have an MBA. These types of positions are still available but not as abundant as they used to be. Since you seem open to moving, I would suggest you:

1. Get into an MBA program
2. If you are not currently working in your desired field, intern while in the program.
3. Apply to several management programs the fall before you graduate.
4. Base your move on what company hires you (many of these positions are rotational).

Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: