Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 07:43 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,389,850 times

Advertisements

'Angel' investors needed to get tech jobs, venture capitalist says | Mobile Augusta

Sigmund Mosley, sometimes called the "grandfather" of the Atlanta venture capital community, spoke about ways Augusta could become a haven for technology jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2012, 08:01 PM

“Angels are high-net-worth individuals that are willing to put money in companies,” he said. “They can make all the difference.”

If that what we need then who the one holding us back. Because we have the water boiling we just need to put something in it.

Old 12-24-2012, 09:55 PM

It be nice to add something like this to our high tech industry. Success of BMW plant spawned debate over tax incentives | Mobile Augusta

Old 12-27-2012, 07:53 PM

7,582 posts, read 10,775,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
What is high tech about Starbucks?! And Bridgestone for that matter?!

The way I see it... the more caffeinated the workforce is.. the better they compete!!

Ultimately, the issue isn't so much "high-tech" and what that makes people think of or not think of... It is good any time you can attract the engineers, designers, or decision makers.

Starbucks has 13,000 coffee shops in the US they have to engineer devices for

bridgestone, similar thing... they make a product. It has to be developed.

Old 12-30-2012, 11:33 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,508 posts, read 15,107,847 times
Augusta company's green tea lip balm could help cold sores | The Augusta Chronicle

Using a chemical found in green tea, an Augusta company that grew out of research at Georgia Health Sciences University has created a new lip treatment that could help fight the virus that causes most cold sores.

Called AverTeaX from Camellix, it will be available as both an everyday lip protector and an ointment to treat outbreaks of sores and blisters. It will go on sale Monday through the company’s Web site, camellix.com, along with the company’s other products: a hair-thickening shampoo, a dandruff shampoo and gum that fights chronic dry mouth.

Old 04-04-2013, 01:31 PM

Another diamond that a lot people don't anything about: Augusta base company locate downtown ZAPATA TECHNOLOGY. Zapata Technology is hire also, Buzz On Biz : The Buzz On Biz Podcast: Zapata Technologies

Old 04-05-2013, 12:34 PM

124 posts, read 242,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowd2bfrumAugusta View Post
This grate newz. I bet Augusta wil cur so many dizeazes with there new tech
*cough* troll *cough*

Old 04-05-2013, 04:40 PM

934 posts, read 1,347,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 803Swimmer View Post
*cough* troll *cough*
Right!

Old 04-07-2013, 12:52 PM

Location: (Orginally From Ann Arbor, MI) Now reside in Evans, Georgia
560 posts, read 1,143,312 times
I'm sorry I still can't for the life of me take those posters serious. Must be a fatal flaw in my comprehension skills to, lern 2 B redin, dat . =)

Old 04-14-2013, 02:21 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,508 posts, read 15,107,847 times
Augusta geeks have their own Clubhou.se | The Augusta Chronicle
In December, taking a cue from places such as Silicon Valley and Austin, Texas, 10 founding members opened The Clubhou.se at 816 Broad St., a shared space where anyone can come to work on robots, Web sites, wood projects or just share ideas and get inspired.

Co-founder Eric Parker, who spent years working as an architect in Silicon Valley, said membership dues cover the building’s rent and utilities. Anything left over is used for equipment or special projects. For instance, in March, The Clubhou.se funded and installed a wifi hotspot in the Harrisburg neighborhood to give residents free Internet access. “I think this area is going to make tremendous waves in the next five or 10 years,” Parker said. “Augusta is a tremendously motivated and organized community that really has spent the last half-century licking its chops waiting to do something. It’s now starting to develop its own swagger. I think Augusta is preparing to land itself.”

Mayor Deke Copenhaver acknowledged that the tech community in Augusta might feel disconnected on a social level, but he said The Clubhou.se is an example of how the tech industry is budding within the city. Last year metro Augusta ranked second in the U.S. for growth of high tech jobs over five years, with an 81 percent increase in those positions between 2006 and 2011. Copenhaver said Augusta’s low cost of living and its industries are continuing to attract high-end tech companies, just as Atlanta’s Rural Sourcing Inc. did in 2011.

Clubhou.se member Grace Belangia said she sees it as a place to be around like-minded people who are aiming at launching their own businesses. As a working mother and owner of her own marketing firm, 3rd Degree Media, Belangia uses the shared space to meet with clients or to hang out and absorb creativity from friends. Having grown up in Silicon Valley, she sees potential for Augusta to sprout more start-up tech companies. It will just take efforts similar to The Clubhou.se to put technology and creativity on a pedestal and lure larger industries and investors. “I want to stop the brain drain,” Belangia said. “I have kids in high school now, and I want them to look at Augusta as an opportunity so they don’t have to go to another part of the country where they can find well paying, educated jobs. Or people here already ... they can stay here and contribute to it as opposed to a transient thing. Augusta has come a long way in terms of art and culture, and it’s all kind of developing.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area