Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 11:36 AM

4 posts, read 17,611 times

Advertisements

Hi! we're considering a move to the Augusta area. My husband's job would be in West Augusta area. What I'm hoping to find is a REALLY safe area with good/great schools within 45 minutes to Augusta, in the 150k-225k price range for single homes. Am I dreaming? or is this a possibility? Thanks! also, on a different note, I love antique shopping/browsing.....where are the best areas for that? thanks again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2008, 01:14 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,093,442 times
You might as well stay in West Augusta to live then. There are several nice areas in that price range in WA. The jimmie dyess/belair rd area, pleasant home rd area, skinner mill rd area, and others.

Grovetown a city in columbia county is another place you should check out. There are parts of Grovetown that are only 15-20 minutes to West Augusta.

Old 11-26-2008, 05:50 PM

351 posts, read 884,003 times
Thomson ga

Old 11-26-2008, 06:29 PM

100 posts, read 425,010 times
Yes, as nortonguy says, you might as well stay in West Augusta(west richmond county) or Martinez/Evans (columbia county) If you really want to be away from the hustle and bustle of things and want that 45 min drive. Then consider Thomson,GA(McDuffie County), Washington (Wilkes county) or Lincolnton(Lincoln County).

As far as antique shopping goes. My personal fav is the Antique Market (located off Washington Rd in West Augusta) Merry's Trash and Treasures (downtown Augusta), The Antique Collector and there are quite a few located in Aiken, SC which is about a 30 min drive from Augusta.

Old 11-29-2008, 05:35 AM

1 posts, read 4,581 times
Default Augusta Housing Market

This is a good forum.

While searching for information on this market, I found this thread:

[url=http://www.realestateforum.com/showthread.php?t=8131]Augusta, GA Housing Market (Evans) - Real Estate Forum[/url]

Someone has done a lot of research. I am not sure about all the facts, but what I have checked out has turned-out to be correct.

Start from the first post.

I think I will rent until this market finds a price bottom.

Best to all!

Old 11-29-2008, 02:57 PM

4 posts, read 17,611 times
Hi! Thanks to all of you that posted! definitely alot of good advice out there! especially that last post with links to all that research! Thanks!

Old 12-01-2008, 10:04 AM

194 posts, read 529,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilaluvs2cook View Post
Hi! we're considering a move to the Augusta area. My husband's job would be in West Augusta area. What I'm hoping to find is a REALLY safe area with good/great schools within 45 minutes to Augusta, in the 150k-225k price range for single homes. Am I dreaming? or is this a possibility? Thanks! also, on a different note, I love antique shopping/browsing.....where are the best areas for that? thanks again!
Hephzibah & Grovetown have plenty of new homes. And homes being built in that price range.

Evans, Thomson, Martinez, in GA & Aiken, North Augusta, Edgefield in SC are 30 minutes or less to Augusta.

Old 12-02-2008, 08:27 AM

7 posts, read 27,768 times
Quote:
As someone else suggested, you may want to consider North Augusta. The town has seen some positive growth in the past few years. I grew up there and can attest to it being a great place to raise a family with good schools as well. N. Augusta is about 15 minutes away from West Augusta and 20 minutes away from the antique shops in Aiken. There are plenty of homes in North Augusta in the 150k-225k price range. I just performed a quick real estate search and there were 28 homes in North Augusta in that price range with at least 4br and 2 baths....and this is the winter season.

Old 12-14-2008, 11:29 AM

215 posts, read 601,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lulupalooza View Post
Yes, as nortonguy says, you might as well stay in West Augusta(west richmond county) or Martinez/Evans (columbia county) If you really want to be away from the hustle and bustle of things and want that 45 min drive. Then consider Thomson,GA(McDuffie County), Washington (Wilkes county) or Lincolnton(Lincoln County).

As far as antique shopping goes. My personal fav is the Antique Market (located off Washington Rd in West Augusta) Merry's Trash and Treasures (downtown Augusta), The Antique Collector and there are quite a few located in Aiken, SC which is about a 30 min drive from Augusta.
I second that

Old 12-18-2008, 08:12 AM

16 posts, read 98,289 times
Quote:
805 Crawford Avenue, Augusta GA 30904 - Trulia

This home has been totally upgraded(it was stripped down to the frame) You cannot find a more centrally located home. This neighborhood is promoting gentrification: hong kong Augusta, GA Harrisburg gentrification cottages re
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area