Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 10:48 AM

1 posts, read 2,383 times

Advertisements

I am from Miami looking to relocate to GA and I had in mind Augusta. My wife and I are both in our early 20's. And would like to live in a nice neighborhood or area downtown. Where a car is not needed as much and is close to the amenities downtown has to offer. We don't have any kids yet so good schools is not a priority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2008, 09:25 AM

215 posts, read 601,250 times
There are several studio bedroom/loft apartments on broad street. Alot of the buildings have office/retail on the bottom floor. And residential on the top.

Old 12-10-2008, 06:42 AM

100 posts, read 425,063 times
The old JB Whites building has been converted to approx 80 condos. 936 Broad St is the address I believe, but I am not sure they are completed yet.

Try Enterprise Mill Apts www.enterprisemill.com/ they may be a little further up, but I believe they are on the bus line too.

Haltermann Partners : Downtown Apartments, Augusta, Georgia

Old 12-10-2008, 04:01 PM

194 posts, read 529,209 times
Olde Towne, Firehouse apartments, James Brown townhomes are good choices.

Old 12-11-2008, 09:00 AM

17 posts, read 28,253 times
rex properties rents a lot of apartments along broad and greene streets. i believe all are in renovated historic homes.

Old 12-14-2008, 10:15 AM

267 posts, read 725,547 times
I know that several young singles & couples have been moving downtown. For the past 2-3 year's in droves. Olde towne has been one of the main area's where they have moved too. The white's building is occupied by many people new to Augusta. From cities like Charlotte and Atlanta.

Old 12-14-2008, 10:51 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,094,973 times
Enterprise mill & The Whites building

Old 12-18-2008, 07:11 AM

16 posts, read 98,293 times
Default Augustas' undiscovered treasure Harrisburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrid View Post
I am from Miami looking to relocate to GA and I had in mind Augusta. My wife and I are both in our early 20's. And would like to live in a nice neighborhood or area downtown. Where a car is not needed as much and is close to the amenities downtown has to offer. We don't have any kids yet so good schools is not a priority.
Our Harrisburg Mill Village is Augustas' diamond in the rough. Property prices could never be lower. Come visit with Harrisburg resident who are promoting Harrisburg gentrification hong kong Augusta, GA Harrisburg gentrification cottages re I have lived here for 50 years
Attached Thumbnails
Nice area downtown for young couple-271.jpg  

Old 12-18-2008, 08:16 AM

16 posts, read 98,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrid View Post
Check out this mid town value: Homes For Sale - Real Estate Listings | CENTURY 21 Property Details (http://www.century21.com/property/index.jsp?ref_code=C21TruliaDL&id=35087732&WT.trul ia_state=GA&WT.mc_id=Organic - broken link)

Old 12-18-2008, 04:47 PM

1,303 posts, read 3,855,548 times
I think everyone has touched on the main places. The Whites Building and Enterprise Mill are two of the most obvious choices. The Whites Building though is more "downtown" and is a closer walk to restaurants and bars. There are also many apartments and condos on the upper floors of buildings all throughout downtown. I'd suggest walking the area and look for rental or for sale signs, or consult a realtor familiar with that area. Even though downtown has come a long way from what it was like 15 years ago, you will still probably want to have a car. You will need to drive to do decent grocery shopping and go to the big box stores. I would hate to have to rely on the Augusta bus system as my sole means of transportation. But atleast by living downtown, you would not need to drive yoru car as much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area