Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2010, 12:52 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,103,522 times

Advertisements

We have finally moved to TX and are in Lakeway. I was looking forward to visiting the Bee Cave farmers market on Saturday, but was sorely disapppointed, in that there was one booth, with one lady, and apparently no organics. This is not how the website represented it! Anyway, it is apparent that I will have to go to a different farmers market. Of course, I would like one as close to Lakeway as possible, but I know there isn't much in this direction. Also, the ones I have found are mostly on Saturdays. Since my Saturdays fill up very quickly, I would much prefer something on a week day. The only one I could find was the FM at the Triangle on Wednesday. Does anyone know of any other farmers markets that are either close to Lakeway or on a weekday or both?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2010, 12:58 PM

230 posts, read 545,067 times
Pflugerville has one on Tuesdays. It is not close to Lakeway however.

Pflugerville Texas Official Website - Farmer&#39s Market

Old 09-07-2010, 01:08 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,410,702 times
Here's a list of farmer's markets in the area.

Austin Farmer's Market is at the Triangle on Wednesdays from 4 to 8 p.m.

In Georgetown, there's one in Sun City on Tuesdays and one in San Gabriel Park on Thursdays.

Looks like one's starting up in Manchaca, but no details as yet as they're still forming.

Taylor has them on Mondays and Wednesdays, but that's the opposite side of Austin.

Most of them are on Saturdays. If you haven't been to the Barton Creek Mall one on Saturday mornings, you really might want to check it out.

Old 09-07-2010, 01:15 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,882,004 times
There is the Triangle farmers market tomorrow (Weds 4-8pm):
Austin Farmers Market

Probably the biggest one on Weds. Unfortunately, not close to Lakeway, but can be a fun drive if you take the shortcut through Westlake and then through Tarrytown. Maybe stop at Laguna Gloria or Mt Bonnell.

Up until recently, there was a Thursday farmers market at 360 and Bee Caves Rd: The Truck Farm Farmer's Market - Austin, TX

But they closed it... not sure if it's seasonal, or if it just went away altogether. Might be an option for later if it is seasonal.

There is also Weds market days at Boggy Creek, unfortunately also on the other side of town - Boggy Creek Farm - Home

The big Farmer's markets are all on Saturday.

Old 09-07-2010, 06:40 PM

291 posts, read 800,755 times
I heard the farmers market at Bee Caves was a really good one - I think the problem is this is not a good time for produce. You should be able to find one that has more than one booth, but most farmers don't have much right now, it's just too hot. The produce variety will improve with the fall crops and with this rain, you should see some pretty good produce by next month.

Old 09-07-2010, 07:32 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,555,108 times
It's not mid-week or Lakeway or even Cedar Park ; but, this FM has really taken off. Basically behind Lakeline Mall...a bit of a trip but might just be worth it!

cedarparkfarmersmarket.com

Old 09-07-2010, 08:21 PM

291 posts, read 800,755 times
Yes, the FM at Lakeline is really good. I've enjoyed it for several weeks now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin