Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 02:09 PM

12 posts, read 56,254 times

Advertisements

spelrod, you have a PM. I am going in for a skills assessment at Progressive on Monday.

Mickey65, I will be sure to ask about the potential to work in that capacity. I used to have my own VCR repair shop, and read schematics for them, although I probably need to brush up on that.
I was actually referring to the in-home appliance repair tech assistants Sears holdings has job listings for. Repairing appliance mechanisms/systems is not that hard and I have do have mechanical aptitude.
I have a phone interview with Sears in the morning.

Last edited by dvdchris; 02-10-2011 at 02:19 PM..

Old 02-10-2011, 03:40 PM

1,317 posts, read 4,057,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdchris View Post
spelrod, you have a PM. I am going in for a skills assessment at Progressive on Monday.

Mickey65, I will be sure to ask about the potential to work in that capacity. I used to have my own VCR repair shop, and read schematics for them, although I probably need to brush up on that.
I was actually referring to the in-home appliance repair tech assistants Sears holdings has job listings for. Repairing appliance mechanisms/systems is not that hard and I have do have mechanical aptitude.
I have a phone interview with Sears in the morning.
This is just the Tele-center. Just call-center work here. I'm not sure where they do the hiring for the on the road techs.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:09 PM

I phone interviewed today and have an in person interview on Friday at Sears.
Waiting to hear back from Progressive about phone interview with them as well.
Spelrod, still waiting to hear from you.

Old 02-19-2011, 08:16 PM

Well, I was told I will be sent an email job offer from the Sears. I didn't make it past the phone interview for Progressive.
I guess I'll be seeing you around, Mickey65.

Old 02-19-2011, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Well, I was told I will be sent an email job offer from the Sears. I didn't make it past the phone interview for Progressive.
I guess I'll be seeing you around, Mickey65.
Good luck to you. A job is a job. I'm still hanging in there and getting my bills paid every month!

Old 06-08-2011, 11:28 PM

2 posts, read 5,499 times
MICKEY65:
I just got a job at the call center in Round Rock...
My question is, how do you get raises and is it easy to get them (raises)?

Old 06-09-2011, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddance View Post
MICKEY65:
I just got a job at the call center in Round Rock...
My question is, how do you get raises and is it easy to get them (raises)?
If you are working in the Home Delivery Dept, they do once a year merit raises - depending on how well your stats are. Sears doesn't give automatic cost of living raises.

They are not much I'm afraid and hard to get.

The only way you can really get an increase in pay is if you transfer to a different department that pays more.

Old 06-09-2011, 07:23 AM

I didn't last long. I despised it, after a couple days of nesting, I KNEW I would not be coming in and doing this every day.
I thought the training was very poor and the trainer wasted an enormous amount of time. They seem to have managers that have plenty of time to walk around introducing themselves (that got really old fast.)
Don't get me started on the software systems. I mean, have the people in charge of this company actually seen what software their call centers use?

Old 06-09-2011, 07:29 AM

Quote:
I didn't last long. I despised it, after a couple days of nesting, I KNEW I would not be coming in and doing this every day.
I thought the training was very poor and the trainer wasted an enormous amount of time. They seem to have managers that have plenty of time to walk around introducing themselves (that got really old fast.)
Don't get me started on the software systems. I mean, have the people in charge of this company actually seen what software their call centers use?
Sorry to hear that. My trainer was really good. Of course I've been there over a year and a half now, and learned a lot on my own after coming out of class.

Back when I applied it was when things were really bad in the economy and Sears was being a bit "picky" (I feel) about who they wanted in there and it seemed a bit better.

Now they are pretty hard-up to get people in there and some of the people they've got working in certain departments are what you consider "less than be desired" just to fill a seat!

I guess I've been able to put up with the position and the work since I have bills to pay and have learned to "tune out" on some of the calls that can get pretty hairy.

Work is work. Until I can find something better - as close to home (I only live 2.5 miles from there), casual environment, and some other "perks" about the job I like, I'll stick it out for now. Besides the fact there isn't too many jobs out there that start at $11/hr.

And I really don't want to commute to Austin every day and spend a lot of money for gas every week with how high the prices are right now!

Call center work isn't for everyone. Sorry it didn't work out.

Old 06-09-2011, 07:34 AM

15,269 posts, read 35,637,527 times
Quote:
and have learned to "tune out" on some of the calls that can get pretty hairy
The key to any service-industry job . I waited tables for years, and at some point, no matter how hard you try, some people are just not going to be happy and you have to just let it go....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin