Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 08:54 PM

27 posts, read 114,371 times

Advertisements

I'm a custom builder based in Dripping Springs and y'all are hitting the nail on the head. However, I'm dealing with a lot of folks that have moved into Belterra and Highpointe thinking it will be "country" living, and moving out to Dripping Springs and Driftwood to get away from the small lots and production homes.

I think the "good ol' boys" of city hall in years past have really hurt Dripping Springs by keeping growth away instead of mapping growth out to keep things flowing.

Back to the original question: schools... My kids aren't old enough for schools but all of our friends are have their kids enrolled, and couldn't be happier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2013, 07:19 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,103,364 times
We are 7 years in dripping springs. Being Californians, this is very small town! But yes if you come all the way out to dripping springs instead of staying along the 290 corridor developments, you will find fantastic custom type homes. Or being school age families, the developments may suit you better. Also two new developments along Hamilton Pool as well as the previous mentioned developments on 290. Our neighborhood is custom, about 50 houses of homes on two acres each home, off of Fitzhugh. Many ranchs and ranchettes. Also The town of dripping is beginning to grow with the big supermarket called HEB and a Home Depot. We just got a huge event center and equestrian center and they are rebuilding and updating the one little street called Mercer, which is the official old town. Going to be adorable. The school district is all very good. Elementary to middle school to high school. Everyone with kids are happy, it seems. Plus many go "into" town to private schools that are also excellent. Best part of Dripping is that it is the most centrally located area to all things terrific. 25 miles into downtown Austin. 12.miles to Bee cave and lakeway 15 miles to Wimberly, and the rest of the area (the other) 180 degrees are gorgeous, wonderful hill country of rural ranches, wineries, and wedding destinations. It's beautiful, a natural limestone pool with waterfall....actually two in the immediate area. Great bike riding country. The most beautiful wildflowers in the spring and summer. You will LOVE IT. It's rural, but the town has everything you need from dentist to choirpractor to vet, I seldom travel into bee cave unless we go to the movies or resturants. But dripping has a very nice high end resturant called creed road cafe. Fantastic food, great friendly atmosphere. Again, you will love it if you are looking for a semi rural living.

Old 10-29-2013, 08:22 PM
hts

762 posts, read 2,163,646 times
60sfemi, if you don't mind me asking, what's your neighborhood? I'm looking at moving to DS myself, but looking to build a little closer to 290 and wasn't aware that there were any nice custom subdivisions up off of Fitzhugh. Thanks!

Old 10-30-2013, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hts View Post
60sfemi, if you don't mind me asking, what's your neighborhood? I'm looking at moving to DS myself, but looking to build a little closer to 290 and wasn't aware that there were any nice custom subdivisions up off of Fitzhugh. Thanks!
We are in Triple Creek Ranch. Off Fitzhugh rd about 1 mile east of Hwy 12. It is 6 miles into the main corner of Dripping Springs door to door. Also if you use Fitzhugh to get into Austin you can cut 6 miles off your journey without first going into Dripping. We are a gated community of around 48 homes! but they seldom come on the market. Range from the high 300 to a mil. There are other custom home areas, although not gated, right across the street from us, two communities called one called Saddletree on Hwy 12 and Hamilton Pool! that range from high 200 to around 650' and a subdivision directly across the street from them that I think is called WestCave or something similar that are priced similar. A couple other smaller, older subdivisions along hwy 12 as well more the original ones when they started building out here. Plus, lastly two brand new subdivisions on Hamilton Pool, which would add 3 miles to your drive into dripping, but lessen your drives into bee cave. This area is a hidden secret....the gateway to the hill country. GORGEOUS, un crowded, good schools, very very very low crime rate. Surrounded by beauty! Hope you make it.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:56 AM
hts

762 posts, read 2,163,646 times
Thanks! Looks like a lovely community, but a bit too far out for me, as we have 3 school-aged children and I'm trying to get a bit closer to town to shorten their bus commutes. Since you seem to know DS quite well (I still live in Phx), can you possibly suggest any other nice family-friendly 1-3 acre subdivisions closer in? I'm currently looking at HSR, Polo Club, Howard Ranch and possibly a lot in the Preserve. I've ruled out Sawyers and Creek Ranch Road.

Old 10-30-2013, 10:59 AM

Hard to find the acreage homes closer in. At least as a subdivision full of families. There are all sorts of individual custom homes on acreage starting at 250 up to whatever, but you are alone in the area, and with kids you would want something more family friendly, I am sure. Polo club is nice but they are building so much strip mall stuff just outside the gates it ruined it, sadly. High Pointe I believe is also on acreage but other than that I think that's it. Actually there is one more but can't think of the name. Check realtor. Com and put your requirements into the mix and it should show most everything. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin