Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 11:44 PM

2,357 posts, read 7,899,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanwannabe View Post
Hey Twange,
You better rest up for the big game on Sunday!! I'll be sending you an email when I get home from work (OF COURSE THE GAME WILL BE ON AT WORK!!)
We're going to take a break from unloading to watch the game...Logic tells me that the Steelers will win...but being a FAN has nothing to do with logic, so...

Browns - 24
Steelers - 17

Ben throws 2 picks

p.s. I won't be online by Sunday(unless I get a rogue signal), so if I don't answer, it's not because of shame!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2007, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramones85 View Post
twange- we'll arrive saturday as well, hope your trip is safe and fun! Talk to you once we're official austinites!
Be safe as well! Watch out for aggressive truckers We're in Texarkana now... We're tired and cranky from driving a 26' diesel truck, and dealing with stressed-out animals...I hope to be back online next week!

Old 09-08-2007, 11:29 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twange View Post
We're going to take a break from unloading to watch the game...Logic tells me that the Steelers will win...but being a FAN has nothing to do with logic, so...

Browns - 24
Steelers - 17

Ben throws 2 picks

p.s. I won't be online by Sunday(unless I get a rogue signal), so if I don't answer, it's not because of shame!
In your dreams! I predict...

Steelers - 23
Browns - 10, I might even be generous and throw in another field goal, so maybe 13

PS: Safe travels to you and your wife!

Old 09-09-2007, 07:46 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twange View Post

Browns - 24
Steelers - 17

Ben throws 2 picks

OK TWANGE, time to step up and take your beating!! I believe the sportscastors called it "TOTAL DOMINATION"!!

Just some of the highlights...

TURNOVERS
Browns - 4
Steelers -1

TOTAL RUSHED YARDS
Browns - 46
Steelers - 206

FINAL SCORE!!
Steelers - 34
Browns - 7

For a minute, I thought the Browns finally showed up to play ball in the 3rd quarter, but I was WRONG!!

Old 09-09-2007, 08:43 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,780,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanwannabe View Post
OK TWANGE, time to step up and take your beating!! I believe the sportscastors called it "TOTAL DOMINATION"!!

Just some of the highlights...

TURNOVERS
Browns - 4
Steelers -1

TOTAL RUSHED YARDS
Browns - 46
Steelers - 206

FINAL SCORE!!
Steelers - 34
Browns - 7

For a minute, I thought the Browns finally showed up to play ball in the 3rd quarter, but I was WRONG!!

Furture superbowl victors, the DENVER BROCOS, won today too, the first of 16 wins this year. Hey twang, maybe Denver can play the Browns for the AFC championship this year.

Old 09-10-2007, 12:44 AM

All I can say is,"I'll take my crow with a bit of salt". We took a couple of hours off from unloading our moving truck to watch some of the game, but bailed at the start of the 4th. I usually never do that, but today's game was miserable and I couldn't justify wasting our time

I didn't think they would win, but I thought they would be more competitive. There are some major problems at the top of that organization, because they actually have some good players. Our coach seems to be a coordinator type who really isn't a head coach. Yanking your starter at the beginning of the 2nd quarter is just embarrassing. I mean, isn't that what 6 months of practice is for?????????????????

Just shameful. I'm just glad I don't have to listen to all the negativity this week in Cleveland

Old 09-10-2007, 04:22 AM

216 posts, read 996,259 times
Post Nfl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
Furture superbowl victors, the DENVER BROCOS, won today too, the first of 16 wins this year. Hey twang, maybe Denver can play the Browns for the AFC championship this year.
Question for you.....How did you watch the Broncos game? I presume the chance of seeing any of their games here are pretty low. Do you have the Direct TV NFL games package?
We watched the highlights from the game and was so impressed by the last few mins of the game -I wish I had seen it

Old 09-10-2007, 05:43 AM

1,920 posts, read 2,780,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheMoveAGAIN View Post
Question for you.....How did you watch the Broncos game? I presume the chance of seeing any of their games here are pretty low. Do you have the Direct TV NFL games package?
We watched the highlights from the game and was so impressed by the last few mins of the game -I wish I had seen it
YOu can with direct TV, but in Texas, Cowbows are the game in town. I did get to watch my Oregon Ducks destroy Michigan. I did not however get to see my Bronco game, due the fact that I have cable. I am leaving Austin on the 17th however to live in the Denver area. Ill be watching every game for now on. Cutler is starting to look a lot like another quarterback we had about 9 years ago.

Old 09-10-2007, 07:13 AM

216 posts, read 996,259 times
Oh yes don't think that escaped me. Pulling out all the stops under pressure at the end is a signature theme for J quarterback before him alright -Long may it last. I guess we will just have to buy the direct TV package as we just moved to Austin from Col Springs. We were spoilt with all the games there. Good luck in your move.

Old 09-10-2007, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheMoveAGAIN View Post
We went to a bar that hosts the Browns Backers, but in the front bar, they had every NFL game showing on a bunch of TVs. The Broncos game was on...in fact I looked at it just in time to see Cutler damn near get his head ripped off...The real story from that game of course, is the young player from Buffalo who injured his spinal cord. Very, very scary Let's hope he can walk again.

The place was called Aussies. A cool, no frills hang with a sand volleyball court out back. I'll be going there to watch all the games until we get the NFL ticket(if my wife will let me)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin