Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 01:36 PM

4 posts, read 26,345 times

Advertisements

Yes that was my thoughts when I first saw it on the show. I contacted the company and they have testing and certification documents by certified engineering firms. I wanted to make sure before I used it on a customer's equipment. But I have personally used it on several jobs, [i]3 ac condensers, 1 pool pump and 1 generator,[i] and it worked fine. There is noise reduction of several decibels. Don't quote me on the exact decibel reduction, but it was significant. I put in a french drain at this gentlemen's house two weeks back and told him about the cover, because I had to work on the garden bed around his ac condenser. He told me to put it on for him. He just called me yesterday and wants me to come install one on his pool pump lol. Its good money for me because I can charge an install, and it goes together so easy. I told the guy he could do it just as easy as I could, but he didn't want to mess with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 02:06 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconheadWest View Post
If you approach with the noise ordinance thing, from experience, talk more about the "night" time ordinance as those are lower than the day time ordinances. They might think they're in compliance during the day, but are they at night? To correct the levels at night, it will automatically help correct levels during the day.
Yeah, but I don't want be molested in the day time or the night time. It's no less annoying in the day.

Op, the reason they put their pump away is for the same reason you are having to suffer - so they won't have to look at it or hear it.

Honestly, though...what kind of pump is this? We have our pump right next to our den (and it was there in our last house, too)...and I don't hear a darn thing. Pump shouldn't be that loud. And we have very large pools (considering they are residential).

Old 03-11-2012, 02:51 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,073,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevotheman1213 View Post
Yes that was my thoughts when I first saw it on the show. I contacted the company and they have testing and certification documents by certified engineering firms. I wanted to make sure before I used it on a customer's equipment. But I have personally used it on several jobs, [i]3 ac condensers, 1 pool pump and 1 generator,[i] and it worked fine. There is noise reduction of several decibels. Don't quote me on the exact decibel reduction, but it was significant. I put in a french drain at this gentlemen's house two weeks back and told him about the cover, because I had to work on the garden bed around his ac condenser. He told me to put it on for him. He just called me yesterday and wants me to come install one on his pool pump lol. Its good money for me because I can charge an install, and it goes together so easy. I told the guy he could do it just as easy as I could, but he didn't want to mess with it.
There is no question that it looks nicer then most utility covers.

TRiCC - Utility Covers | Gardening | Air Conditioners | For Professional Landscape Enhancement

Old 03-11-2012, 06:09 PM

4 posts, read 26,345 times
yup thats it. I have to tell you though, the pictures do not do it justice. When I ordered it I was a little nervous, but when I put it together the thing looked great. There are these air louvers on each panel so it can have air flow. I would recommend it to anyone having trouble with noise or with something ugly they want to hide. It did the job..

Old 03-11-2012, 06:49 PM

6 posts, read 22,698 times
I take it you don't have an even remotely friendly or cordial relationship with your neighbors?

Otherwise, you'd be able to make a friendly off-hand comment like "jeez, since you installed that pump we can really hear it through a lot of our house", and be able to gauge what their initial response is, and go from there.

The way you're approaching it, it sounds like you're about ready to lawyer-up or something before you ever make them aware there's an issue.

Old 03-11-2012, 07:59 PM
cm4

94 posts, read 256,226 times
Google "pool pump noise abatement" and you will get some good ideas.

If you need to make a point, rent a portable cement mixer and mix up some cement when they are out by the pool. That's the noisiest contraption I have ever been around.

Old 03-17-2012, 12:12 AM

58 posts, read 256,220 times
What about one of those large, fake rocks to put over the pump? They're made out of resin, but look pretty realistic. I don't know if they're made large enough, but that should help. We don't have a cover on our pool pump, but it's hidden behind a stone wall. Hope the neighbor is friendly and willing to remedy this, good luck!

Old 03-17-2012, 09:16 AM

252 posts, read 718,943 times
Any update 6-months later Lily?

Old 08-06-2017, 10:06 AM

12,059 posts, read 13,893,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrs_k View Post
What about one of those large, fake rocks to put over the pump? They're made out of resin, but look pretty realistic. I don't know if they're made large enough, but that should help. We don't have a cover on our pool pump, but it's hidden behind a stone wall. Hope the neighbor is friendly and willing to remedy this, good luck!
Wouldn't this cause the pump to overheat?

Old 08-07-2017, 10:47 AM

1,590 posts, read 4,576,168 times
Ask them to run it when you are not home!! Maybe from 9am...instead of in the evening or at night!! Surely they will have no problem with that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: