Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 07:02 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,555,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robino2001 View Post
City of Round Rock said they're going straight to $2000 fines and will be out enforcing first thing in the morning.

Sure, sucks for everyone's yards - my first thought though goes to places like The Wash Tub that are effectively closed.

My small little portion of Forest Creek TECHNICALLY is not part of this deal... I'll likely turn the sprinkler off when I go to bed anyway though.
I've yet to see a local watering restriction that shut down commercial car washes. As long as they recycle x-amount of water, they were allowed to remain open. Funny...I almost went to the Wash Tub today to get rid of the schmutz on our new vehicle. DW got caught in a 30-second shower yesterday that covered the car in 'rust'(rain and dust).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 07:04 PM

153 posts, read 511,540 times
I wonder how they would handle cases where people are out of town and left their sprinkler system on a timer. Can they change the "rules" like that with only a day's notice, even if it is an emergency?

Old 10-07-2011, 07:07 PM

2,392 posts, read 9,653,212 times
CTSUD disconnects you as soon as they see ya breaking the rules after today I was told. They were in my area giving out notices. I don't want to mess with them cause they have no clue how to operate and customer service with them sucks so I try not to deal with them but they are my water.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:11 PM

426 posts, read 1,673,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
I've yet to see a local watering restriction that shut down commercial car washes. As long as they recycle x-amount of water, they were allowed to remain open. Funny...I almost went to the Wash Tub today to get rid of the schmutz on our new vehicle. DW got caught in a 30-second shower yesterday that covered the car in 'rust'(rain and dust).
Round Rock came right out and said it includes all commercial car washes. Georgetown is allowing the commercial places. The city is acting like they are taking this very seriously.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:13 PM

481 posts, read 2,417,076 times
Has anyone gotten a reverse 911 call on it yet? They said they were doing that.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:31 PM

153 posts, read 511,540 times
Here are a few more links for anyone who wants to follow the data closely:

Lake Georgetown Daily Storage Amount
(http://wiid.twdb.state.tx.us/ims/resinfo/BushButton/lakeStatus.asp?selcat=3&slbasin=43 - broken link)
Lake Georgetown Real-Time Elevation

You can clearly see the accelerated drop in the real time elevation, starting Oct 5. In three days, the lake elevation dropped as much as it did in the previous ten days. We just dipped below the lowest storage level anytime in the last 20 years ... while probably serving the highest population of the last 20 years.

Old 10-07-2011, 08:00 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,410,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinizer View Post
Here are a few more links for anyone who wants to follow the data closely:

Lake Georgetown Daily Storage Amount
(http://wiid.twdb.state.tx.us/ims/resinfo/BushButton/lakeStatus.asp?selcat=3&slbasin=43 - broken link)
Lake Georgetown Real-Time Elevation

You can clearly see the accelerated drop in the real time elevation, starting Oct 5. In three days, the lake elevation dropped as much as it did in the previous ten days. We just dipped below the lowest storage level anytime in the last 20 years ... while probably serving the highest population of the last 20 years.
Probable cause and effect there, wouldn't you think?

Old 10-08-2011, 12:34 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,555,108 times
Quote:
Round Rock came right out and said it includes all commercial car washes. Georgetown is allowing the commercial places. The city is acting like they are taking this very seriously.
You're quite right. I caught that on the news tonight. I reckon the car washes will 'count' these as "rain days", since we really haven't had many all year. Let's hope Mother Nature provides some natural relief this weekend.

Old 10-08-2011, 02:48 PM

426 posts, read 1,673,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
You're quite right. I caught that on the news tonight. I reckon the car washes will 'count' these as "rain days", since we really haven't had many all year. Let's hope Mother Nature provides some natural relief this weekend.
Not sure how/if they pay the employees during these times. Sucks for them - for the most part (at least for the two Wash Tubs in RR), they're not teenagers, more so people trying to support their family, etc. We drove past both today, both were closed but had a few employees there - one to tell people they were closed, not sure what the others were up to. The self-serve car wash place on 79 next to Little Red Wagon also appeared to have signs up in the stalls.

So at least people are acting. Well, I saw that but a few apartment complexes on Gattis School had their sprinklers running this morning.

Old 10-08-2011, 03:31 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,073,910 times
Quote:
Not sure how/if they pay the employees during these times. Sucks for them - for the most part (at least for the two Wash Tubs in RR), they're not teenagers, more so people trying to support their family, etc. We drove past both today, both were closed but had a few employees there - one to tell people they were closed, not sure what the others were up to. The self-serve car wash place on 79 next to Little Red Wagon also appeared to have signs up in the stalls.

So at least people are acting. Well, I saw that but a few apartment complexes on Gattis School had their sprinklers running this morning.
This is a good time for the car washes to do maintenance on the facility.

You should report the apartment complexes to the authorities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin